Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese Dish?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Oh? Which one is China House, brick?

I was thinking of "Famous" in Lucan village and "New Sunrise" in Terenure when I'm over in Mrs. Alex's "posh gaff" in Ra'farnim. :D

Irs the one beside the Lord Lucan , its the only one I've ever used to be honest. I ate in the Annadale to before it went. Which of the above would you recomend.

The China House has gone downhill I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Are we allowed mention individual takeaways, by the way?

You may indeed. We only take action when it is done by obvious shilling or spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Irs the one beside the Lord Lucan , its the only one I've ever used to be honest. I ate in the Annadale to before it went. Which of the above would you recomend.

The China House has gone downhill I reckon

Try the Famous Takeaway. It's the one in the village beside Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

Um... isn't curry Indian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

TitoPuente wrote: »
    Um... isn't curry Indian?
    Have a read of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curry#Other_Asian_cuisines

Its strange that so people are sort of snobby or sneer at the thought of curry from a Chinese takeaway -yet have no problem accepting that Thai green/red curries exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We use the China Town in Lucan. Before I became a vegetarian I loved the Spring Roll and Satay Chicken Skewers...now I go for the Crispy Vegetable Curry Rolls, the Mixed Veg with Cashew Nut or the Mixed Veg with Satay Sauce.

We used to go to Allanadale of whatever it is called sometimes but we tened more to eat out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Hilan on Capel Street does hotpot, as well as Korea BBQ.

My favourite dishes are generally dry-fried - such as beef fried with prickly tree oil and chillis. I love lamb with cumin and my current favourite dish is lamb slices served in bowl of broth with bean sprouts, pak choi, ginger, garlic and chili from the Hilan. Delicious. I also like Korean dishes such as spicy pork/squid with kimchi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I got a lovely Singapore Chow Mein from Ho Wong in Sligo last night,the best chinese for it.
    If I want a curry I get the most delicious one I have ever had in another restaurant called Sakura.
    The Chinese just off Eyre Square across from Coyotes' in Galway do a serious buffet in the evening for a tenner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

Big fan of the Imperial on Wicklow street in Dublin, not far from tower records, size and butlers choc shop. They are one of the few places in Ireland that do proper Dim Sum. Dumplings, char sui bun and I really like their cold pork belly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I forgot to mention,if you ever see chicken thai style on a menu,get it. It's fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Used to always get Barbeque Spare Ribs and fried rice but after 15 years of the same dish i've moved onto Salt Chili Spare Ribs which are just incredible.

Strongly recommend Cantonese Style Duck also...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Spicy Chilli Garlic Prawns with Fried Noodles.

Advertisement