Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB tracker question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

If its part of the contract-only if! And even then they might not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Are banks offering incenties to move people off tracker mortgages? i haven't seen anything on their websites. I was going to get a top up for some house improvements but I presume that will affect my current tracker rate?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Are banks offering incenties to move people off tracker mortgages? i haven't seen anything on their websites. I was going to get a top up for some house improvements but I presume that will affect my current tracker rate?

Not necessarily- the topup would be treated as a free-standing loan in its own account- with different terms and conditions to the main mortgage account. You would need to contact your branch- but I don't see how/why it would affect the main mortgage.

Re inducements to give up your tracker- the regulator nuked proposals from several different institutions on precisely this.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is an old thread. Post moved and thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement