Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Shops in Limerick or Ennis

Options
  • 09-08-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a tattoo from 2 years ago on my right shoulder and considering getting another on my left or middle of the back (about 3" by 5"). I know there been questions about where to get a tattoo in limerick or ennis before but nothing recent.

So there it is, where is the best place both in quality and approachability to get a tattoo in Limerick? Ennis is also an option as I am from there. I got my last tattoo in Danny Bulmens but hearing conflicting stories about the place. When I got the tattoo they seemed quite sound but do not seem to care if any of the clients were there or not.

Have heard good things about Living Art but again just word of mouth.

Any recommendations would be great and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I wouldnt go to Living Art but thats just my opinion.
    I have got all my tattoos and piercings in Bullmans, i know the lads in there and have never seen an issue with approachability in the shop. They are all sound lads and have a laugh while they work.
    Ive heard good things about Hard Knox which recently opened just off Parnell St.
    Ross Nagle would be considered one of the best artists in Limerick/Ireland, he works in AllStar Ink on Wickham St.

And you also have ClownTown up in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

havnt been anywhere else but all star ink in limerick do amazing work and have a great shop check them out on facebook or myspace and personally iv had work done by paul in there and it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

if your going to ennis "clowntown tattoos" is where i've had mine done and any one i know whos been there are happy with the results
    http://clowntowntattoos.com/
    there on facebook aswell
    atb marie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

all star ink all the way, the studio is top notch super clean.
    i just got my second tattoo from there today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

I was in AllStarInk today and met Ross and another guy(forgot the name). They were sound and patient while listening too.

I am waiting for a call from Paul to talk about a black art tattoo. They were all down to earth, easy to talk to and professional. The place was nice inside and SPOTLESS.

Will definitely be getting new tattoo there. Lil bug, would you mind posting a pic of your tattoo please?

• Advertisement

i'll post one in a few days its a bit red at the mo :)
    i got some cherry blossoms on my foot in black and grey it turned out great

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I got my last tatto in All Star and found the lads in there great and really easy to talk to and helpful and as everyone has said already it is spotless. Was v impressed with them. My OH has gone in there since to get his first tattoo and was thrilled with them too

here you go
    its not a great picture the tattoo is so much nicer in the flesh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Although personally I've never had tattoos done in either shop I'd go to Allstar Ink in Limerick or Clown Town in Ennis.

Got most of my tattoos done by Ross Nagle when he was working in Bullman's and I have to say he is very very good. He is working in Allstar Ink now so that's why I'd go there and ask for him.

I'm from Limerick but living in Ennis now and my mate who is covered head to toe in tattoos got all his done in Clown Town and the work is excellent.

Had a call from Paul in Allstar Ink earlier and he was patient and genuine. Getting some celtic work on my back (light blacks, greys and shading) and he is the one that does it there. Talking to him was a great help, similar to the other guys and he has set aside some time for me next week and put my mind at ease.

Thanks for the help picking Allstar and will post pics if ye want when I get it done next week?

Lil'bug the cherry blossoms look very well, simple yet elegant. Nice choice, did they make it up themselves or did u bring in a picture etc.?

• Advertisement

ulinbac wrote: »
    Lil'bug the cherry blossoms look very well, simple yet elegant. Nice choice, did they make it up themselves or did u bring in a picture etc.?

i had more or less the same design done on my right foot by Ross last year
    Paul did the new one
    they more or less made up the design on the spot
    you can't go wrong with them i'm really really happy with both tattoo's

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Hard knox is where my family go. We find Steve and Marek to be very good.Steve is very gentle..... ideal for first timers....I have followed Steve from when he worked at spiral tattoo, I have no cause to complain either of them and have been tattooed by both......My advice would be take no notice to anything negative you hear about any artist.....peoples opinions vary,think for yourself...:)

Cheers lilmis,

Got the tattoo a month ago by Paul in AllStar Ink in Wickham Street and very happy and impressed, Thanks for the input though

Advertisement