Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a pro to fit a body kit?

• 09-08-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi all,

A recent visitor to the Motorcheck site asked for a recommendation on a mechanic to fit a body kit. Looks like it could be a job for 'West Coast Customs'! I've included the original email below. Any help would be much appreciated. Tx.

inside the forthcoming weeks im am going to buy the Veilside Fortune bodykit which i have been planning on now for some time and thinking about in great detail , it wil cost be over 9 thousand euro for the bodykit which is around 11,000 thousand usd dollars which they are looking for 1,000000 yen, basically 1 million yen =9253 euro. the rx7 i am also looking at which i need is between the year of 93-97. these years only can equip the bodykits. all i need is to my a good quality rx7 around 10000 euro then spend another 9253 euro on the exterior,and another 15 thousand on hks,greedy motor parts.
    However, my problem is finding a mechanic that will be able to put this bodykit on the car for me . its rated 4/5 difficulty rating and if i do get the mechanic to do this job , i would also get him to install the new 20b turbo and fuel pump and other likewise accessories.. im living in cavan at the moment and im finding it difficult to find the right mechanic. the body kit includes for starters ♠ kit. Includes front bumper, rear bumper, right left sideskirts, door panels, headlight assembly, rear gate, spoiler, tail garnish, aero mirrors and hood. there is also a lot of interior needed and engine,parts. could you find me a professional mechanic with these high tech facitilites reasonable priced that is reputable please .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

From personal experience, JCR (Joe Crash Repairs) in Limerick is without doubt one of the best in the trade for jobs such as the above. His work is second to none, and rolls out with a factory finish. My 180sx was in for 2 months and was finished to the highest standards. Nothing too difficult. Can be contacted on 0860651912

To get the turbo and other accessories fitted would be a different person entirely to a panel beater. Let me know if contacts for this are also required.

FYI, this persons estimations on price seem way OTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moved to Modified Cars forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Motorcheck

Whoops! Sorry Mods - didn't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No worries :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

R&E Motors in Hibernian Industrial Park in Greenhills (Dublin) is brilliant for body stuff, and I'm sure I'm not the only person that'll recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

€10k for a bodykit!! I know its lots of bits but for an unsprayed unfitted kit thats madness, if he is paying that then they seen him coming a mile away!!

€3-4k max for what he's getting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

draffodx wrote: »
    €10k for a bodykit!! I know its lots of bits but for an unsprayed unfitted kit thats madness, if he is paying that then they seen him coming a mile away!!

€3-4k max for what he's getting!!
    It's This kit draff, and as far as I remember only the roof is left alone, every other body part is changed with the kit! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's This kit draff, and as far as I remember only the roof is left alone, every other body part is changed with the kit! :eek:

My god, its even horrendous looking.

You can get this kit for €2200

2-949525.jpg

4-913145.jpg

Stunning and €7k left over to spend on the proper stuff.

Advertisement