Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin for a night out?

• 09-08-2010 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi,

Myself and a few lads are thinking a going on a trip to Doolin for a night, probably saturday night.

Can someone give me a good hostel to stay in for a few lads (early twenties) and which is the best pub down their for a bit of craic?

We're form Galway and just want a change a scenery for a night and a bit a craic!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Re hostels: take a pick: http://www.doolin-tourism.com/accom3.html
    Doolin hostel always had good reviews.

There are three pubs in Doolin: McDermott's, McGann's and O'Connor's.
    All three are famous for the music and the atmosphere. The most touristy one is O'Connor's (there is always something going on), my personal favourite is McGann's. Opposite is McDermott's, in my opinion the rather quiet one.
    But you can do all of them in one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

They are all great pubs. The best craic you can get anywhere. Getting from O'Connors back to the other 2 is a bit of hassle as it's a walk of about 2 km. If you are lucky you might get the Polish lad with a minibus. Otherwise walk it, if it's dry.
    Doolin Hotel is in between them too if you got tired of the walk!
    The road is narrow and dark so be carefull.
    Best spot in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cool croc

cheers lads thanks for the help. :)

there isn't one hostel free in the area, they must all be full a tourists!

You could always bring a couple of tents. O'C onnors Campsite right in the center.

• Advertisement

Ya i was thinking that but i don't know if the campsite be too happy wit seven or eight drunk lads stumbleing back at all hours!

Could take a random field somewhere nearby! :D

No problem in the campsite. Been there done that myself!
    Park the car beside the tent in a quiet corner, it's a big area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

finbarrk wrote: »
    No problem in the campsite. Been there done that myself!
    Park the car beside the tent in a quiet corner, it's a big area.

So did I a few weeks back, Nagles is a huge campsite so as long as you find a quite corner away from families ye'll be grand :)

Advertisement