Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 Bundle For 360

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I've been looking all over the internet and I haven't come across any existence of the Rock Band 2 Bundle for Xbox 360, the reason I'm looking for the second bundle is for the newer, better instruments, but I haven't been able to see it anywhere.

Does anywhere sell it? All I've seen is the Band In A Box for €50 with the old, wired instruments and the RB2 game separate.

Was it even sold over here?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

RB2 set was never sold in Ireland unfortunately. A right pain in the arse too, cause the instruments are supposed to be leagues better. Beatles instruments however are over here and are not only of equal quality, but they look freaking awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Guess I'll have to settle for the original Rock Band instruments then. Not happy about that, considering the game requires instrument controllers to play it I'd rather not have dodgy ones, especially drumming on expert, I know how that's going to end, the question is how long will I get out of the drum before the pedal breaks. :mad:

Doesn't really surprise me, especially since the first game was launched so late here it's no surprise we get ****ed over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Have a look down the thread a bit, some one recently replaced a pedal with a 3rd party one from amazon, better than out of the box one by a running mile.

RB beatles was going cheap enough in HMV a while back but i'd say they are all gone. My advice would be to if possible hold off until Oct. and see what bundles are available with RB3.

Can't testify to the drums but the Beatles RB guitars are nothing short of legend, mind you I'm the 1 in 10 who prefers rb guitars to guitar hero ones :confused:

calex71 wrote: »
    Have a look down the thread a bit, some one recently replaced a pedal with a 3rd party one from amazon, better than out of the box one by a running mile.

RB beatles was going cheap enough in HMV a while back but i'd say they are all gone. My advice would be to if possible hold off until Oct. and see what bundles are available with RB3.

Can't testify to the drums but the Beatles RB guitars are nothing short of legend, mind you I'm the 1 in 10 who prefers rb guitars to guitar hero ones :confused:

I'll just make do with the first controls now and I'll keep that pedal bookmarked.

I had a shot on the Beatles Rock Band and the guitar felt 10 times better than the one I have for Guitar Hero 3, never used the newer Guitar Hero guitars though but the RB one was solid compared to the cheap toy feel of Guitar Hero 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I'll just make do with the first controls now and I'll keep that pedal bookmarked.

I had a shot on the Beatles Rock Band and the guitar felt 10 times better than the one I have for Guitar Hero 3, never used the newer Guitar Hero guitars though but the RB one was solid compared to the cheap toy feel of Guitar Hero 3.

I still pull that one out now and then as I liked the strum bar on it, and is excellent for getting high scores on flat out strumming songs.

Sliding on the frets on a rock band guitar is the big winner for me, and hammer on's feel better too, like you know when they come up you are 99% certain to nail it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

calex71 wrote: »
    RB beatles was going cheap enough in HMV a while back but i'd say they are all gone

True, i got mine about a month ago for €58. it's great that everything is wireless (bar mic) and the drums have slots for cymbals too. might be worth checking just in case.

Right so I was going to get Rock Band 2 this week but didn't get around to it and I got Alan Wake on Monday anyway so wasn't in a rush. I had a quick look at Rock Band 3 again and didn't realize it was out at the end of October, I thought it was out end of Nov/early December so I think I'll hold out until the release and see how it's released over here, if there's no bundle I'll just get the Beatles Rock Band as I have an interest in the Pro Drums.

I'll be getting Mafia II on Friday and am trying to finish off Forza 3 so I should be occupied until the release of Rock Band 3.

Advertisement