Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate from the fridge...

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Somebody might do a poll on peoples preferences of eating chocolate off the shelf or from the fridge. Personally, in order to enjoy my chocolate to its full potential it must come served from the fridge. I only ever out and about find cold chocolate in golf clubs.

Surely Spar, Centra etc. can dedicate a small selection of each to a wee fridge for me?!?!

In a shop, would you prefer your favourite choccy bar from... 68 votes

Shelf
    0%
    Fridge
    38%
    nothingAglomeradoTar.AldarionCatari JaguarbarochocMagic Eight BallColumbiaVonLuckmoonflowerDolbertFour-PercentCian92dolliemixTipp-girlKentod4v1dSlow Showclarke1991Dull and BoringMichael B 26 votes
    Don't care
    61%
    AsokCreatureFaith_blank_Archeron[Deleted User]The Hill BillyrizzlaCarroller16pawrickdarsarDavyD_83duckysaucestar-pantsbiddywiddymonicafussyS.R.F.C.Mr BenevolentoebBroomBurner 42 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Don't care
    Must admit I like a good lot of my chocolate from the fridge too. Though, a snickers left too long cost me the side of my tooth.
    KinderBueno I don't like from the fridge though oddly enough. Some are better from the fridge, some are better at room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Don't care
    Dairymilk Caramel is a must from the fridge. I eat snack bar with tea at room temp but I would have it from the fridge if given the choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Don't care
    Poll added. ;)

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Don't care
    Cadbury's did provide chilled cabinets to stores in the past but believe no longer,due to expense of buying and maintaining units.Plus not much need for them during the Irish winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Don't care
    My local centra has a few bars at the bottom of the drinks fridge,think there are aeroes,mars and twixes. I love beunos from the fridge,contrary to another poster.
    I love when it goes slightly melted,then put in the fridge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

Don't care
    darsar wrote: »
    Dairymilk Caramel is a must from the fridge. I eat snack bar with tea at room temp but I would have it from the fridge if given the choice!

Snack bar from fridge with cup of tea.

Bite the end off each end of snack bar.

Insert bottom into tea and use as a straw to suck the tea up for 3-4 seconds.

Chocolate inside snack bar will have melted by this point.

Take bite of snack bar, sit back and enjoy an amazing sensation.

/only way to do it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't care
    Dairymilk Caramel is a must from the fridge.

Yes, I agree. They're much nicer, and less sickly, when they're from the fridge. If only I had the self-restraint to put them in the fridge first :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Fridge
    I prefer them from the shelf:o Sometimes I love my chocolate nice and melty depending on the bar so I'll put it under my leg to heat it up and get it a little melty:o:D

Don't care
    I prefer them from the shelf:o Sometimes I love my chocolate nice and melty depending on the bar so I'll put it under my leg to heat it up and get it a little melty:o:D

This is the exact taste I hate! Can't have melted chocolate in my mouth at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't care
    This is the exact taste I hate! Can't have melted chocolate in my mouth at all

do you swallow whole chunks of chocolate?

• Advertisement

Don't care
    Des wrote: »
    do you swallow whole chunks of chocolate?

No, but there is a difference in the taste of chocolate delightfully melts when chewing to that of the chocolate bar you left on the car seat in the baking heat and then choose to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yeah it depends on the type of chocolate, whether it's got filling or not, etc. If it's just chocolate then fridge for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Don't care
    Fridge for the majority definitely but I'm not really fussy seeing as not many shops do this! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Fridge
    I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked fridge! I picked shelf. Most bars come out rock hard from the fridge and anyways, it's supposed to melt easily in your mouth - why make it colder?

Any caramel or bar with some sort of filling shouldn't be kept in the fridge. Caramel is supposed to be nice and gooey!

Don't care
    I love lion bars from the fridge,the caramel gets really hard and chewy,as if it's putting up a fight to being eaten,just like a real life lion would.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't care
    greetings wrote: »
    I love lion bars from the fridge,the caramel gets really hard and chewy,as if it's putting up a fight to being eaten,just like a real life lion would.

I love this post. The idea of it being like a real lion made me smile :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't care
    greetings wrote: »

:D

RAWRRRRRRR!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Fridge
    I've never understood the chocolate from a fridge thing.

Chocolate is a comfort thing to me. Comfort and warm not comfort and rock hard cold.

Its just wrong when its rock hard cold. The warmer and meltier the better!

Having said that, if its a yorkie, I'll have it any way its presented to me!

Don't care
    Faith wrote: »
    I love this post. The idea of it being like a real lion made me smile :).

Sometimes I get carried away with food :o

Don't care
    And dolliemix,a Yorkie is one of the best creations known to man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Fridge
    Seriously dislike cold chocolate. Especially when you get a 99 and the flake is like dry crumbley cardboard. Yikes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Fridge
    dolliemix wrote: »
    Having said that, if its a yorkie, I'll have it any way its presented to me!

I hope your not advocating the eating of Yorkies by girls! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Don't care
    I prefer fridge but I couldnt less if it came off a shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Fridge
    Must be room temperature to be fully enjoyed. Just like red wine.

You can't possibly enjoy the full flavor of chocolate from the fridge.

To be honest, any of that Cadburys or Nestle etc.. stuff is not actually classed as chocolate amongst real chocolate lovers but as Candy!!! :eek:

It's true, so I reckon the poll isn't really giving a true picture based on the bars people are talking about in here.

Don't get me wrong, I eat Candy bars too but I love chocolate & you do have to pay more for the privilege & boy is it worth it. But it can't go in the fridge :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Fridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Don't care
    Another one for the fridge here. All chocolate temporarily resides there, including chocolate-topped biscuits. Om nom nom...

Advertisement