Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys and one night stands

• 09-08-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Met a guy over the weekend who was a friend of a friend and
    ended up in bed together which we both enjoyed. The next morning he insisted on taking my number and I took his and he texted later on to tell me he really enjoyed the night and he would like to meet up again

Now he just asked me "were we safe" ( i made sure we were). We had drinks but we defintely were not drunk. Why would he ask that :confused: and will I hear from him again :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

maybe its a polite way of asking were you on any other contraception?
    Or maybe he was drunker than you thought and he doesnt remember?

Could be he has a little infection and is suddenly worried he got an sti!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Likely he cannot remember it all 100%

Will you hear from him again? maybe!

Will it be a booty call or a date? depends on the guy and the situation and loads of other variables! i'm going to guess a booty call though

Will you hear from him again? Well, if you don't contact him either, then it makes it somewhat less likely. One thing I cannot fathom is why some girls (this only applies to some, not all) who still think that the guy is the one who makes first contact! Take the first step and text him - if he doesn't answer, that's your answer.

As for asking about if you were safe, I would have to agree with the poster who said it might be him asking if you were taking a form of contraceptive yourself - guys like to have that extra assurance as much as girls do!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

marge2807 wrote: »
    Met a guy over the weekend who was a friend of a friend and
    ended up in bed together which we both enjoyed. The next morning he insisted on taking my number and I took his and he texted later on to tell me he really enjoyed the night and he would like to meet up again

Now he just asked me "were we safe" ( i made sure we were). We had drinks but we defintely were not drunk. Why would he ask that :confused: and will I hear from him again :confused:

You enjoyed the sex, well thats good but next time be a little more careful.

I have had a number of one nighters in the past and have been taken the precautions. When this happens I ask the girl for the number out of politeness. Very rarely do I take it any further.

Partizan wrote: »

A little more careful? The OP said that they made sure they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Partizan wrote: »

I have had a number of one nighters in the past and have been taken the precautions. When this happens I ask the girl for the number out of politeness. Very rarely do I take it any further.

Exactly what is polite about asking for someone's number when you have no intention of calling them?

hollypink wrote: »
    Exactly what is polite about asking for someone's number when you have no intention of calling them?

What right have they to ask regardless of having the intention? That sort of question is deeply personal and is nobodies business, especially if you more or less just met.

You are essentially asking them whether or not they are sluts. I've had many sexual partners compared to others, does this make me any less of a person? No.

But we are meandering. OP, like I said earlier, you can make the first move. Have you replied to him whatsoever? Do so, if you haven't - even if it is just to say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KnocKnocKnock

What right have they to ask regardless of having the intention? That sort of question is deeply personal and is nobodies business, especially if you more or less just met.

You are essentially asking them whether or not they are sluts. I've had many sexual partners compared to others, does this make me any less of a person? No.

..I think he means phone number not number of sexual partners..

OP have you contacted him after this text? I don't think you should write him off just for that. Keep in contact for a little longer and see how you feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I would think he is not 100% sure if protection was used (ie cant remember) and just wanted to be sure.

I don't know if you will hear from him again. Who knows. If you like him, then text or call him and see what happens.

Advertisement