Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once off €1000 job while on the dole?

• 09-08-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I will more than likely be doing a job for my friend while working at home over a period of one week which will earn me €1000 euro.

I am currently drawing the dole.

Can some one let me know what I need to do to keep everything above board?
    And let me know what the situation is here? Do I just lose the one weeks dole?

Out of interest, what would happen if someone in my position did nothing?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can do an odd job just tell them how long it will take. 3 days 5 days what ever you think and they take that amount from your dole rather than the 100euro.

I asked as i thought i would be doing some drawing for people but the job never went ahead. But thats what the social told me to do, just tell them at your hatch after wards. ( but i would say it before hand just in case you need to sign something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I will more than likely be doing a job for my friend while working at home over a period of one week which will earn me €1000 euro.

Nice work!

JA or JB? It matters in this case, as they take savings into account on the one but not the other. And a grand is a whack of dough.

Tell them in advance.

You're not available for work for those days, so yes, you don't receive benefits for those days.

Cheers!

If caught, you'd be prosecuted and fined, and possibly jailed for fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

Cheers!

why don't you just do this "job" as a favour instead?
    without legal tender passing hands.
    you mite get a gift as a way of thanks! :):D

Advertisement