Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn at HSQ

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi folks. I was driving past HSQ this evening and saw a sign saying that there is supposed to be a Superquinn up here soon. Does anyone have any details on this? I tried checking it out on Google but there doesn't seem to be any recent news. Maybe some residents might be able to shed some light on this...

(Apologies to mods in advance if this in the wrong section, only new here and still finding my way around)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

What is 'HSQ'?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

Heuston Station Quarter, or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 74gman

its opening in october i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

Yep heard from someone involved in leasing buildings in HSQ that its supposed to be opening in October.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

As Heuston Station Quarter is in Dublin City, should this thread not be there too? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Consider it moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What is 'HSQ'?

Heuston South Quarter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Philsopher wrote: »
    Hi folks. I was driving past HSQ this evening and saw a sign saying that there is supposed to be a Superquinn up here soon. Does anyone have any details on this? I tried checking it out on Google but there doesn't seem to be any recent news. Maybe some residents might be able to shed some light on this...

(Apologies to mods in advance if this in the wrong section, only new here and still finding my way around)

I work in HSQ, Still a bit of work to be done on the building, Heard it will be open B4 christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

The unit is currently been fitted out and will open in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

My OH had a look in the window the other day and said like a previous poster that there is a lot of work to be done.
    I wish they'd get the finger out as there isn't a decent grocery store around apart from EuroSpar in inchicore.
    Tesco's in Ballier is CRAP!!! They even try to sell ya burnt bleedin chicken's which would be tossed anywhere else :eek:

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Heuston South Quarter. :)

Yes, it is. I've found that out since I last posted.

Apologies for the incorrect name and forum (I did say that in my original post).

Thank you for all your replies. :D

Sundew wrote: »
    My OH had a look in the window the other day and said like a previous poster that there is a lot of work to be done.
    I wish they'd get the finger out as there isn't a decent grocery store around apart from EuroSpar in inchicore.
    Tesco's in Ballier is CRAP!!! They even try to sell ya burnt bleedin chicken's which would be tossed anywhere else :eek:

I'd probably to the Superquinn on Sundrive ahead of those places to be honest. You're right in saying that there is nowhere around though, you've either got the city centre (and all the hassle that it entails) or you're going miles out to somewhere else.

EuroSpar (in general) are very expensive and selections can be quite limited. I also wouldn't be too gone on buying any of their meat, chicken etc. I hate Tesco's and tend to avoid there. I don't know what it is about them but they always look and feel so dirty/grotty. Some of their produce wouldn't be of great quality either. I don't mind Dunne's though but there's no place anywhere nearby.

Passed by it again yesterday. The signs are up on the windows and the place looks like it's nearly fully kitted out, could possibly be open within a week or two. It's actually on Military Road - I thought it was going to be over the other side, off St. John's Road as that's where the main signs are. Does anyone know where the carparking and access point(s) will be? I'd say that could be the main hold up in getting the place open.

Also, are there any other shops or businesses planned for that development?

Passed by it again yesterday. The signs are up on the windows and the place looks like it's nearly fully kitted out, could possibly be open within a week or two. It's actually on Military Road - I thought it was going to be over the other side, off St. John's Road as that's where the main signs are. Does anyone know where the carparking and access point(s) will be? I'd say that could be the main hold up in getting the place open.

Also, are there any other shops or businesses planned for that development?

Spotted the shelves being assembled the other day.
    Can't wait for it to open :)
    Not sure about the car parking. There is an underground car park for the Eircom workers and residents I think.
    There is a Subway Sandwich and a pharmacist there already but I don't know if there is anythingelse planned at the moment.
    I wish they would get Ground Zero sorted out. It's a bleedin eyesore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 J DOE

I heard strong rumours that their will be a coffee shop "branded name" & a trendy restaurant opening in the new year.... Ground Zero is been built up to ground level & made into a public area. All good for HSQ residents like me....

:cool:

:p

:pac::cool::):D:rolleyes::o:eek:confused:

J DOE wrote: »
    :pac::cool::):D:rolleyes::o:eek:confused:

What is your last message about???

Looks like it's gonna be open soon - the shelves are stocked and there's a fair amount of movement in it. As I mentioned already, I don't know how the carparking situation is going to work so that could be what is delaying it. There is obviously residents and office carparking but you can't just open that up to the public! I can see Military Road and Kilmainham being complete carnage areas - especially on Saturdays for a while... You would think that they would trying to promote the opening at this stage as it's obviously close. I wonder if any HSQ residents have received anything or heard?

Sundew - yeah, I knew that subway and the pharmacist were there already but they aren't really that visible from the road. It'll be interesting to see what other businesses are added.

J Doe - agree with you about "ground zero" it's a total eyesore and the sooner something is done about it, the better. The thing is, they don't really seem to be doing anything with it or if they are it must be the slowest construction in history...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

According to their website it's due to open on Thursday 14th October.

http://www.superquinn.ie/category/ComingSoon/158.2

• Advertisement

Yippeee!!!! A proper supermarket finally for the folks of D8 who don't like to eat crap!!!!!!! :D

If any residents of HSQ or nearby want a better look at "Ground Zero". There will be free guided tours of the Eircom Building on Sat the 9th of October (10-1pm) and sunday the 10th from 12-5pm. Great views from the top of the building!
    http://architecturefoundation.ie/openhouse/dublin/tour/eircom-building/

Sundew wrote: »
    Yippeee!!!! A proper supermarket finally for the folks of D8 who don't like to eat crap!!!!!!! :D

Indeed. If they're not opening until the 14th October I'd be wondering why the shelves are stocked, the lights are on and they seem ready to go? Having said that, someone must be monitoring this thread as the windows were blacked out when I passed by yesterday evening...

Anyone ever done the tour of the Eircom buliding? Any good?

Indeed. If they're not opening until the 14th October I'd be wondering why the shelves are stocked, the lights are on and they seem ready to go? Having said that, someone must be monitoring this thread as the windows were blacked out when I passed by yesterday evening...

Anyone ever done the tour of the Eircom buliding? Any good?

Probably blacked out so nobody is tempted to steal any goodies :D

I've been in the Eircom Building. I really like it and the tour is really worth doing. The views from the top are great and we all got free coffee and biscuits in the beautiful cafe on the top. If you are living locally then don't miss it!
    Here's a few snaps I took last year.

SuperQuinn is finally open and we finally have a decent deli in the area :D

Excellent! Any idea what the opening hours are like? Can't access the Superquinn website. Any good opening weekend offers? I'd imagine it'll be packed for the next few days and car parking will be at a premium.

Excellent! Any idea what the opening hours are like? Can't access the Superquinn website. Any good opening weekend offers? I'd imagine it'll be packed for the next few days and car parking will be at a premium.

Didn't check the opening times but there is retail car parking in the underground carpark which Eircom staff also use . My OH popped down this evening and it was still open at 8.30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

It's open till 10pm on weekdays and 9pm on weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Yes, & opens at 7am weekdays & 8am on Sat & Sun.

Not that many opening offers. Spend €25 & get €5 off your next shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I bought some Sierra Nevada Pale Ale there today, which I used to drink when I lived in California. They've won me over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Superquinn Sausages....yum:D

Advertisement