Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anton Savage...

• 09-08-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hope someone here in radio can help, seeing as Anton is on everyday at the moment. My friend (who I suspect has a crush on him/his voice) and I are trying to figure out what age this fella is? He sounds quite mature on the radio, I guess he is in 30's but my friend reckons he is 25/26....

Can anyone solve this, or Mods if this thread is in the wrong place could you please move it to a more suitable form??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Late 30s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

thats what I guessed, well I put him at bout 34 max, but nowhere on net can find the info :) I am no good at cyber stalking haha

fascinating

It is indeed lenny there is some money riding on this debate :) hence the mild interest. I'm absolutely thrilled you took the time to read and comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Google is your friend

• Advertisement

thalia_13 wrote: »
    It is indeed lenny there is some money riding on this debate :) hence the mild interest. I'm absolutely thrilled you took the time to read and comment!
    Proud to have been of service;) So how much is my cut of the winnings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

I knew I'd seen him on youtube.

cannot find his D.O.B on the net, nor can i find any decent info on his mum ( as in when she had her son etc).. hence the query on the wonderful boards :)

they guard their info well from amateur stalkers. so can anyone help settle this bet?

e mail "fix it friday" on his show!;)

he is on next week I think. oh this may solve the issue.... tho admittedly after watching that youtube clip, I can see why my friend may fancy him... :eek::eek: I may end up emailing and sounding like a stalker :D

• Advertisement

He looks a bit like Breffni from the Apprentice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ring up and ask him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sundaypapers

I am sure an e-mail to the head of the RTE Authority will elicit the information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

He may have a plummy southside tone, and may have gotten all the radio work because of his parents, but do you know what......I think the chap is a consummate professional, not afraid of asking difficult questions and knowledgeable about the subjects being discussed.

I agree with your last bit, Sargeant, he is very professional and has great delivery. I doubt his current role at Today FM is down to his parents 'pull'. I'd say he got it on merit. If not he certainly should have!

Anton = radio angel!

He should have a permanent slot somewhere big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

Who's his parents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

the gift grub sketches off him and vincent brown are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

neris wrote: »
    the gift grub sketches off him and vincent brown are great.

ya there brilliant, so well done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

It's a little ironic that this guy tries to interview politicians that his mother has trained not to answer any questions.Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

he runs the company that his parents set up. Matt Cooper interviewed his mother a few weeks ago and was saying hes the head of the communications clinic or whatever their companies called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

todolist wrote: »
    It's a little ironic that this guy tries to interview politicians that his mother has trained not to answer any questions.Only in Ireland.

and mother on every second talking heads panel discussing politicians and how she tells all her clients not to spin and come clean quickly
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

parasite wrote: »
    and mother on every second talking heads panel discussing politicians and how she tells all her clients not to spin and come clean quickly
    :confused:

I would not purhase a used car from her...

here is some insight to what they say versus what they do...
    Stories that we can’t tell. Because our first job in most crises is to minimise their public impact, which militates against us talking about them. We can’t tell you what we’ve done, but we can tell you how we do it.
    We begin by doing nothing publicly. Nada. Zilch. Not a sausage.

extracted from their website here:

http://communicationsclinic.ie/crisis.html

Oh what a tangled web we weave when.......

He's an Irish version of Max Clifford I suppose.
    From www.maxclifford.com
    Often poacher and gamekeeper at the same time, he has helped save many a famous career from media damage and destruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

I think he's around 30,i'm sure he said it on air before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

He mentioned his age on Today FM this morning - 33 !

Fix it friday dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

No way?! His mother is Terry Prone! Never woulod have guessed that.

I really like listening to him on the radio, he's very entertaining.

He does have quite a sexy voice too and really great teeth! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I find him a smarmy git.

He's so arrogant it's disgusting. During the newspapers/story of the week bit this morning, he nonchalantly claimed that that German pop star had AIDS.

She hasn't. She's Hiv positive.

I texted in and nothing was mentioned. It's highly offensive to people with HIV to throw them both into the same hat.

I hope Savage/Today FM get reprimanded or sued or something.

He mentioned his age? He must google himself and found this thread. Fix it friday apparently is postponed until ray gets back so that was not am option. But this has settled my bet, and also i agree, he does have nice teeth! :$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭sundaypapers

He can hardly have been delighted at some of the other google results he found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nicheapaim123

Anton has just been confirmed as the new host of The Apprentice: You're Fired on TV3 so you'll get a chance to see those great teeth even more regularly now!

Anton has just been confirmed as the new host of The Apprentice: You're Fired on TV3 so you'll get a chance to see those great teeth even more regularly now!
    Phew!! That was close. Someone said it was going to be Ray Foley. I couldn't handle that. Anton could be ok. He surprises me in that he can carry off a 'straight' current affairs type format sometimes and can still do the juvenile rubbish on the mid morning. Not many are that versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Phew!! That was close. Someone said it was going to be Ray Foley. I couldn't handle that. Anton could be ok. He surprises me in that he can carry off a 'straight' current affairs type format sometimes and can still do the juvenile rubbish on the mid morning. Not many are that versatile.

Yeah I think he is a great choice for this. I think he'll do very well. Ray Foley wouldn't have suited this. The show Foley will be doing wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I hope he does well on it. Delighted for them both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

He used to be involved in motor racing in Mondello, maybe he still does it.

I heard of him there before I ever heard him on the radio

But I do like him, one of the better hosts around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What tv show is Foley doing?

I'm dreading it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nicheapaim123

The Irish version of Take Me Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

I think Savage is one of the most articulate and intelligent people on air at the moment, his range is also admirable considering he is able to do both Darcy's show and Matt Coopers last word, without any effort at all, there are few people out there who could credibly do both. I think some people have confused his rapid pace informative delivery with arrogance, I think this is misplaced, he is just bursting with information and ideas, he reminds me of the super intelligent guy at school who knows more than the school teacher :) He will go far.

The Irish version of Take Me Out
    Maybe someone will take him out!!!:D
    heybaby wrote: »
    I think Savage is one of the most articulate and intelligent people on air at the moment, his range is also admirable considering he is able to do both Darcy's show and Matt Coopers last word, without any effort at all, there are few people out there who could credibly do both.
    My sentiments precisely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Today Fm should get him on some kind of contract or retainer so he doesn't get poached by RTE. I wish him well with new telly gig.

So I win my bet on his age, but my friend wins overall seeing and hearing him at the same time is like winning jackpot for her!
    On a less stalkery teenage crush sounding note, I think thats a good choice for the apprentice-you're fired.
    Glad its not Foley. I dont like Ray Foley, I've met him and find him so conceited and obnoxious. Thats my opinion not saying he is permanently like that :) , but his personality would suit Take Me Out alot more, he is giddy and I think its such a frothy show you would not need to be very bright to present it. Its not mastermind.

Back to Anton tho, he's done covering for Ray tomorrow, does that mean he's just be on Last Word motoring slot from now on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Great to hear that about Anton. I've been listening to TodayFM a lot more over the last few weeks while he has been on! If only they'd follow TV3's example and give him his own show!

Badabing wrote: »
    Today Fm should get him on some kind of contract or retainer so he doesn't get poached by RTE. I wish him well with new telly gig.
    I doubt he has the time to commit to full time gig. His own business keeps him busy. I also doubt he'd go to RTE full time while his Dad is still involved for fears of nepotism accusations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭donkey balls

did anyone hear him interveiw Vincent Browne after a few mins Browne lashed out at him i thought it was a gift grub sketch,according to Browne Anton(or his company) gives Enda Kenny coaching lessons in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't know if this has been said before, but I think he looks like Tim nice but dim:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tekXxB6dosQ

• Registered Users Posts: 32 protosByte

I think he's great. Much better than Matt Cooper when he subs for him.
    Just listened to him interviewing Micheal Lowry after the Moriarty Tribunal findings came out and absolutely savaged him (pardon the pun).
    Very impressive. Lowry was punch drunk at the end of it.

Was actually googling to see if he was a lawyer by training based on the interview and found this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

It allllllllllllll makes sense now!

God only found out AS is son of Terry Prone: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ruthless-pr-faces-colleagues-bullying-claims-2823223.html

How bizarre yet apt that is!!!

Sure such unlikeable and grating media darlings had to be connected closely in DNA when all things considered.

Imagine their heart to hearts across the boardroom table in the Communications Clinic.

Makes my stomach churn thinking of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

thalia_13 wrote: »
    Hope someone here in radio can help, seeing as Anton is on everyday at the moment. My friend (who I suspect has a crush on him/his voice) and I are trying to figure out what age this fella is? He sounds quite mature on the radio, I guess he is in 30's but my friend reckons he is 25/26....

Can anyone solve this, or Mods if this thread is in the wrong place could you please move it to a more suitable form??

Anto, is that you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement