Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherry Blossom closed by the FSAI.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Is that the one beside Hot Spot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Stopped getting food from there after CL One opened. Massive gulf in quality. Last time we did get food there the portions were tiny. Madness at a time when folks are demanding better value for money. Clearly portion control isn't the only place where corners were cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Ciaranpm wrote: »
    I think it is beside the dry cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ciaranpm

Have walked past it every day en route to the Dart and heard birds/pidgeons in the shutters outside......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

loyatemu wrote: »
    Greystones oldest Chinese restaurant closed by the Food Safety Authority:

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0809/breaking30.html

Not Surprised its been going down Hill since they got new Owners used to be great. Chinese in Kilcoole is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've had takeaways from there loads of times (and survived) but by choice I generally go for the Royal Park. For a long time it was Greystones only Chinese - I think its been around since the early 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I think they are planning to reopen, from what I understood from the sign. Possibly they have to succeed in meeting regulations, and changing the kitchen setup. Although nesting pigeons could be omenous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

loyatemu wrote: »
    I've had takeaways from there loads of times (and survived) but by choice I generally go for the Royal Park. For a long time it was Greystones only Chinese - I think its been around since the early 80s.

Correct. The old Cherry Blossom Special was a life saver after a rake of pints in the stables :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

it's about time, was by far the worst take away in greystones.

• Advertisement

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    it's about time, was by far the worst take away in greystones.

On the positive side, when it re-opens it will probably be the best. I expect it will be regularly scrutinised by the FSAI and the owners will be anxious to restore their business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

danjo wrote: »
    On the positive side, when it re-opens it will probably be the best. I expect it will be regularly scrutinised by the FSAI and the owners will be anxious to restore their business.

I seriously doubt it, would you back to a place that's been closed down by a food safety authority, I know I wouldn't !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

danjo wrote: »

I dont feel they deserve our custom when they've been obviously not worrying about our health.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

There is a bunch of places all over the place that get closed down for a few days, rectify the problem, and get the licence to reopen. We don't usually get to find out which places they are, as it's usually under the guise of 'renovations'. They did do a name and shame in the mentioned article though...

Rasmus wrote: »
    There is a bunch of places all over the place that get closed down for a few days, rectify the problem, and get the licence to reopen. We don't usually get to find out which places they are, as it's usually under the guise of 'renovations'. They did do a name and shame in the mentioned article though...

you can see enforced closures here, though it doesn't give the specifics of why a premises has been ordered to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Not Surprised its been going down Hill since they got new Owners used to be great. Chinese in Kilcoole is good.

Whereabouts is that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Whereabouts is that?

Beside The Butchers down the Bottom of the Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

It wasn't closed down to issues with the food but a potential for issues.

Also the best Chinese in Greystones, eaten there loads of times over the year. Loads of food and free calendars at Christmas.

The Royal Park is the biggest ripoff in Ireland, tiny boxes of food and the couple who run it!! Last year we went for Chinese New Year and they put a 15% service charge on the bill.

When I queried the service charge they told me it was because their staff had to work on a holiday!!! Gung Hei F Off next year

Cherry Blossom will be back in full swing very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

It wasn't closed down to issues with the food but a potential for issues.

What???

Every restaurant has a "potential for issues" if not kept clean and hygienic. I'm actually surprised that so few restaurants/food outlets are closed. There has to be a serious risk of infection for a closure notice to be slapped on a place.

If you know something we don't as to why the Cherry Blossom was closed, then tell us....

When/if it re-opens, you'll certainly get fast service, as you'll be their only customer - apart from people who live on Cloud 9 and aren't clued in to daily life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Clues in? So you wouldn't eat at fully cleared place only one that hasn't been caught. Makes sense.... In reverso land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Clues in? So you wouldn't eat at fully cleared place only one that hasn't been caught. Makes sense.... In reverso land

Obviously apart from the taste, the most important aspect of running a restaurant is cleanliness and hygiene. I wouldnt set food in a place that has been closed down and reopened by the same owners. It speaks volumes about them.

Clues in? So you wouldn't eat at fully cleared place only one that hasn't been caught.

all restaurants get inspected - the others haven't been closed down because they passed the inspections. Your logic has more holes in it than a packet of polos.

There seems to be a correlation between having eaten at the Cherry Blossom "loads of times over the year" and complete lack of logic..

Oh wait! That's why it was closed! The inspectors found a concentration of illogical people in Greystones, and were able to identify the food from the Cherry Blossom as the source of the infection... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I know i could be speculating but dont the FSAI inspect then give
    A list of what is to be fixed.Closure is a last resort.We have had visits from health and safety tell you what needs to be fixed you fix it its all good no closure

bogtreader wrote: »
    I know i could be speculating but dont the FSAI inspect then give
    A list of what is to be fixed.Closure is a last resort.We have had visits from health and safety tell you what needs to be fixed you fix it its all good no closure

I expect it would depend on the gravity of the non-compliance with the standard required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I passed it last night and tonight. It's still open!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

See on the website the closure has been lifted and it can remain open?

http://www.fsai.ie/enforcement/order/enf_detail.asp?ItemID=5380

Enforcement Type Closure Order
    Issuing Agency HSE - Dublin Mid Leinster
    Legislation FSAI Act 1998
    Date Served 28/07/2010
    Date Lifted 08/08/2010
    Order Extent All
    Served On Mr Raymond Chung, Proprietor
    Premises Address Cherry Blossom Take Away & Restaurant
    Unit 4, Watson & Johnson Centre
    Church Road
    Greystones
    Wicklow
    Business Category Service Sector
    Business Type Restaurant/Canteen

No indication of why the Closure Order was issued, and why it was lifted. Perhaps someone who frequents the place can ask Mr. Raymond Chung just what the problem was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

you must be joking:eek:it's muck apart from the curried chips,the only takeaway of any sort that i use having tried them all is Indian Spice(think that's tha name)near xtra vision,it's the freshest,tastiest food by a long shot and i actually prefere to eat chinese,pity they wouldn't open a Lets eat in takeaway,the one in Shankill is top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

heavyballs wrote: »
    you must be joking:eek:it's muck

Agree

Advertisement