Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Written Legal Exam

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question on the above.

(Directed to those already attested)

Do we ever find out what result you get in the legal exam we did at the end of phase 2? Just something I've been wondering about as I did it about a year ago. Must have passed it but think it would be nice to know what score I got.

And one more thing..

At the graduation ceremony, what ever happens the picture that's taken of your being presented with your cert and badge on the stage with the Comm and Minister as I've never got mine!

Has anyone ever received either of these?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

kensey wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick question on the above.

(Directed to those already attested)

Do we ever find out what result you get in the legal exam we did at the end of phase 2? Just something I've been wondering about as I did it about a year ago. Must have passed it but think it would be nice to know what score I got.

And one more thing..

At the graduation ceremony, what ever happens the picture that's taken of your being presented with your cert and badge on the stage with the Comm and Minister as I've never got mine!

Has anyone ever received either of these?

Thanks in advance

about the results your training sergant gets them so just get on to him.

as for the pictures never heard about them or seen them since. someone i know tried following up about them but didnt get anywhere. If you want them contact the college they ll sort it for ya i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

da__flash wrote: »
    about the results your training sergant gets them so just get on to him.

as for the pictures never heard about them or seen them since. someone i know tried following up about them but didnt get anywhere. If you want them contact the college they ll sort it for ya i think.
    I got a sheet with them on it the day I graduated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭kensey

shampon wrote: »
    I got a sheet with them on it the day I graduated.

Thanks, I'll contact my Training Sergt and see what he thinks. Been a while since i did that exam now!

Anybody else get theirs at the grad ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Spartan09

kensey wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll contact my Training Sergt and see what he thinks. Been a while since i did that exam now!

Anybody else get theirs at the grad ceremony?

They told us that you only really hear re the results of the law exam if you fail it and that rarely happens unless you put absolutely no work into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jmc1546

I dont know if this is a topic that can be discussed or not,(If not please delete)

But in context of phase II exam study can you just follow the each chapter objectives or can any part of the legal notes up for examination?

I was told by one tuture to follow objectives ( as it was tailored for reserves legal knowledge requirments)
    and by another i was told that anything in the material could be examined.

Anyone have any views on it?

Thanks,
    John.

• Advertisement

jmc1546 wrote: »
    I dont know if this is a topic that can be discussed or not,(If not please delete)

But in context of phase II exam study can you just follow the each chapter objectives or can any part of the legal notes up for examination?

I was told by one tuture to follow objectives ( as it was tailored for reserves legal knowledge requirments)
    and by another i was told that anything in the material could be examined.

Anyone have any views on it?

Thanks,
    John.

What I would say to this is trust your training staff, they will guide you through what to expect and what to cover. Our staff gave us mock exams to give us an idea of the format and what type of questions to expect, they were very supportive. We got one question out of left field but the rest were predictable enough. If you cover the material in the books provided you should have no difficulties with the exam. If you follow the chapter objectives and know all those you should pass with ease.

Thanks for the reply.

We just went trough all the material in the book word for word and every so often they would give us a example question of what came up in that section in the past.

Would of been nice to get a mock exam like you did but i think i know the structure of the exam and all i got to do now is learn everything off now.

Just don't want to be bursting myself learning stuff that would never be on the exam in the first place. But i believe if you have any interest you should understand all of it so you understand whats going on operationally.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

Having the answers for the exam is one thing but having the legal knowledge out on the street is another.

You need to know the book so that you can do things "by the book" if you know what I mean.

Thats good reply, I did ok in the exam but when out on the street with a full time member I know feck all compared to them, its amazing how much legal knowledge a full time member knows and they're ability to use their disrection re when to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

There is that and also I have found that having the legal knowledge saves you from blatting out the wrong info or saying the wrong thing at the wrong time that could totally screw up the situation and ultimately see some scumbag or drunk driver getting away scot-free.

• Advertisement

Im going to take your advice lads. Going to put the head down now for the next few weeks and hope i come out the other side better for it.

Did you find when ye had the exam finished that you had all the knowledge that you needed to fill the task as a reserve or were you still studying up now?

Thanks for the advice lads.

jmc1546 wrote: »
    Im going to take your advice lads. Going to put the head down now for the next few weeks and hope i come out the other side better for it.

Did you find when ye had the exam finished that you had all the knowledge that you needed to fill the task as a reserve or were you still studying up now?

Thanks for the advice lads.

I feel that as you are now using the legal knowledge on a daily basis, and are prob just using it at weekends when your unit is on, its harder to internalise it, the main road traffic and public order acts are the ones used most on the streets so knowing them helps. Main thing is to ask the full time member you're with if any doubt.

Advertisement