Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling unsure

• 09-08-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to post on here to kind of get things out there and try to work out what I need to do. I'm currently working and I'm a contractor so my job is not permanent and to be honest, I feel like I'm getting very fed up with it. I know I'm lucky to have a job so I don't want to seem ungrateful. However I'm getting so sick of the work and the team. There are times it's ok, and there are other times I just can't stand it. However one thing I know for sure, even if my contract get's renewed I can't stay in that job forever as I'm going to lose my mind. That's how I'm feeling now anyway.

I like the company, it's quite a big company, however I just really don't like the team I'm in. I don't think moving team is really an option at the moment, they don't have any suitable permanent jobs open and moving from one contract to another can be difficult and will raise a few awkward questions as to why I'm wanting to move.

At the same time, I'm sort of stuck in that feeling comfortable zone that's it's easy to get trapped in. A few months ago I was supposed to interview somewhere and I wasn't that mad pushed on it so I cancelled the interview. I guess I'm worried that I'll apply for jobs, possibly get offered an interview and then back out again. I guess also the thought of starting over somewhere new is a bit daunting.

I'm not usually like this when it comes to work. Anytime before it's kind of been fairly clear to me that I want to leave and I just go and apply for other jobs. I don't know why this time but I'm so indecisive about it. The company is nice to work for, and location wise its very suitable. However at the same time I just can't stand the work sometimes and the people get to me as well.

I've been very indecisive recently about lots of things. I've been considering moving home, considering emmigrating, and just considered staying here. There are times I like living here, other times I just want to leave. I also feel like I'm starting to suffer from anxiety or something.

Anyway I guess I just don't know what I should do. I'm wondering if anyone else here has been like this and what did they eventually do?

Advertisement