Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed, 3.5k to repeat a year?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey boardsies,
    My application for a grant got turned down, so I need to pay for an entire year myself.

Its a repeat of a full year, I had tried to claim under certified serious Illness, all documented for over 3 months but no luck.

Just wondering what it will work out as?
    From memory their was 14-16 modules in total, and people elsewhere have said its €125 a module + registration fee of €1500.

So I'm guessing somewhere around the 3.5k mark, its one of the computing courses.

Any insight into how repeats are charged would be highly welcome!! Hopefully calling into them tomorrow to talk in person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Its €50/credit which equals €250 per module (assuming your modules where all 5 credits each)

So thats your 14 modules by €250 = €3'500

I think that includes reg fee, best send them an email to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Paulie Walnuts

Hey there! I read your post and thought it was a bit strange that your medical cert wasn't sufficient. Last year I had some health problems just before I was due to sit my repeats and had to go into hospital. Needless to say I couldn't sit the repeats and therefore had to repeat these modules over the course of the year. I spoke to the head of my department and he was really accomodating.

I was able to get a sort of dispensation whereby I was able to repeat the modules without having to pay anything. So my advice would be to lean on your department head, maybe he could do something for you....

Advertisement