Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H Fundraising for Pieta House.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm moving back up to Dublin at some point in September, so I'll help out if I'm around or whatever.

Just on the hugs idea, we were doin' a bit'a collecting for charity last year for Trinity Med Day yokey and 2 of the lads got giant Bear Suits/ Penguin suits and gave free hugs in those! They got them free for the day off some costume place in Dublin as they explained it was for charity and so on. It was awesome. Kids loved it, so parents were stopped and money was given.

Free hugs is a nice idea and all, but very few people like having their personal space invaded and blahdeyblahdeyblah, so in theory it might not actually work out. I know if I was walking up Grafton street and was offered a free hug I wouldn't be very willing to accept...

Also, as randy said, there's a bit of paperwork and all that to sort out, and anyone street collecting or whatever would have to have a copy of the permit with them as far as I know.

A picnic idea sounds nice, so does a bakesale, but finding a suitable location would be pretty difficult, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

The Exchange may be a runner for a location. The people there are SO FREAKIN NICE

It's worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So... I went on holiday for a few days there so I haven't been around but yeah, about this! I spoke to one of the ladies in Pieta House and apparently we could get t-shirts and things if we go ahead with this, so that'd be cool. So yeah, it pretty much is down to picking what to do, and a date to do it! Maybe a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Poll us up Novella! :D

Edit: That doesn't make a lot of sense, just showing my enthusiasm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

ill be in dublin from september i dont mind lending a helping hand if ye need it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

You can text 'buddy' to 57000, and €1 will be donated to 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

So, lads, any more ideas for this? :D

I was kinda waiting 'til people get back to college 'cause I figured it'd be easier! Lots of people in the same areas and that kinda thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

bythewoods wrote: »

Just on the hugs idea, we were doin' a bit'a collecting for charity last year for Trinity Med Day yokey and 2 of the lads got giant Bear Suits/ Penguin suits and gave free hugs in those! They got them free for the day off some costume place in Dublin as they explained it was for charity and so on. It was awesome. Kids loved it, so parents were stopped and money was given.

Free hugs is a nice idea and all, but very few people like having their personal space invaded and blahdeyblahdeyblah, so in theory it might not actually work out. I know if I was walking up Grafton street and was offered a free hug I wouldn't be very willing to accept...

Aw the costumer idea is lovely, we'd definitely get more attention that way and people would probably be more likely to pay. It's a much better idea than just standing there with a sign saying "free hugs", that just makes me think of those emo kids who are- omigod just SO random and hilarious- on Grafton st. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*BUMP*

In case you guys hadn't heard, tomorrow 10th September is World Suicide Prevention Day. There was an excellent, thought provoking post by hullaballoo in After Hours earlier: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056026797

I'd encourage everyone to read through it.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, I actually did mean to mention tomorrow. Thanks for that :) Seeing as lots of people are back in Dublin now, perhaps we can get planning something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

So...that fundraising ay? :P

Any progress? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I really wanna help!!
    If there's anything I can do from this end of the country, sure say the word :)
    Even though my location is a tad inconvenient. grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

When I did my ASIST Trainign last year there was a lady there from Pieta House and I think everything they do is SOOOOO amazing and it's ridiculous they're getting so little support from the government.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aren't they supposed to be opening up an centre in Limerick this year?

Are they? That's great news. They're opening one in Ballyfermot soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Bumpity bump.

There's an annual walk at dawn in Phoenix Park (think there's one in Limerick, too!) in May, in aid of Pieta. If anyone's interested:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=190894164256040

Advertisement