Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone think the summer holidays are too long?

• 09-08-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I was talking to a friend and we both think that the 3 month summer holidays is too long. 2 months would be better and the month that is missing can be divided up and given to us during the school year, like at Christmas and Halloween for example. 2 months would also allow the students doing their jc and lc to get a month and a bit break after.

Just wanted to hear everyones opinion.

Cheers
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Nope.
    7/8 months of school (if you include breaks and stuff) is really killer and mentally exhausting (especially in LC years, I was just dying for the break.)

The long time off to destress is really nice.

Edit: Just re-read your post and the month being divided up to give us longer breaks during Christmas/Easter and such is a cool idea but I found after the JC that the Summer flew for me with 2 months (not sure for others!). Imagine a month after your JC flying by and then having to face LC years then! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

Well I think they go by too fast :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Get a summer job? I did and it makes the summer so much shorter...ugh:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

Ya I actually think that they should be shorter because if the 3rd months is added onto Xmas and Halloween breaks you would like appreciate them better than summer...? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

No, I think things are just right the way they are IMO. I actually really needed that 2 monthish break after the Junior Cert and I was only going into T.Y. afterwards and I was still recovering after the months up to the Junior Cert during September of T.Y. (Didn't study until the end of the 3 yrs really but even still the stress was terrible under normal circumsatances)

Summer is a tad long if the weather is bad but I wouldn't change it for the world. This summer has flew by and I think that we all need those 3 months off to relax!

Besides, we get the best weather during June, July and August so we get to hang out with our friends more then. In the Christmas holidays we just freeze our behinds off at home.

Sorry, I'm nearly panicing at the thought of the summer holidays being shorter; it would be like the "Recess School's out" movie and that would be terrible. I love summer!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SineadCork

No, Flew to fast this time! I'd like to enjoy my teenage years while i still have them and school already takes up too much of my time to have fun [ well to some extent, i do have good fun in school SOME times :D]

Advertisement