Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debate on the 'point' or 'worth' of the Irish Equitation School

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭

Pretty much as it says in the title.

There's a thread in the 'Irish Economy' forum regarding the 'point' of wasting tax payers' money on the Equitation School.

For those of you who are interested, the thread can be found here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Made my point over there.
    Even though we haven't been putting it up to the rest of the world with our ISH showjumpers, our Eventing horses are still keeping the flag flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Jimmycrackcorn made a good point on that thread about the army having artillery but never needing to use them, same with the Mounted units.

I did a story on the Garda mounted unit and in Irish terms they really are just a showpiece in what they do but the response from the public is so positive that they are worth many times their weight in PR. I would imagine in some ways the Army is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Sure why don't we take away the rugby team, or the soccer team.? The soccer team win nothing and is taking away government money aswel. Sure while we are at it, stop the Olympic games team going to other countries to compete. :mad:

It's a stupid decision in my opinion. Why take away people's hobbies and even lives.. Farriers, grooms, the whole lot.

And anyway, what else is the army doing:rolleyes:

I'm not even going to join that debate over there. I'll end up getting banned... [EDIT]couldn't resist...

Advertisement