Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get the UPC update today?

• 10-08-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get the UPC update today?

This morning, my father got a text from UPC telling him that as a loyal customer, he was getting bumped up to 5mb, and all he had to do was reboot the modem.

I rebooted it for him and now we've got 5mb/512k.

EDIT: I actually checked online there and it seems thats the standard for the entry level package. Now I'm wondering how far behind we are, and how long ago we shoulda got this upgrade! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

It only started last week.(text sent by UPC) IIRC to be put onto 5mb you were on 3mb.

It was also available via the following link some time ago. http://www.upc.ie/about_us/Speed_Changes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got my wife ringing up complaining that the internet and tv wasn't working. Got a nagging update at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

AFAIK they bump everybody up eventually, but for the first 6 months if you wanted the upgrade you would have had to agree to a new 1 year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

I just rebooted my router, and hey presto, 5MB:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what it should actually have read was:
    as a loyal customer if you'd asked for it we'd have done it in march (march 11th iirc), but as we didn't manage to get you to sign up to a new 12 month deal in the last 5 months since we upgraded all the speed hungry feckers and you never noticed that we've still been charging you the same for 3mbps as we have been charging everyone else for 5mbps for those last 5 months without you realising it, we thought it was about time we brought you up to speed.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

vibe666 wrote: »
    what it should actually have read was:

:D

Lol that's exactly how you should put it :)

Advertisement