Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really... REALLY Basic Internet Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

http://www.microchipdirect.com/productsearch.aspx?Keywords=DM183033
    Not cheap, needs a lot of PIC micro C programming and also a Display Module.

A cheap netbook?

The problem with very cheap ones is that the range of station type is VERY limited and often no SW update if a format becomes unpopular. Also terrible user interfaces.

The Philips, Logitech, Creative, Evoke, Roberts and Sony offerings are often expensive for what you get.

Another possibility might be an Android phone that has WiFi and connect via 3.5mm jack to HiFi, but only if you are getting a new phone contract with subsidised phone anyway as otherwise x3 the price of a Netbook.

I use laptop mostly, though I have a 2nd hand Archos 605 WiFi I bought that has the "vTuner" Internet Radio/TV app. With 160Gbyte I use it as backup drive for laptop and my music library.

Advertisement