Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Mower Genuine Honest one

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

i just want a lawnmower that is reliable a good make and can do the work with out falling apart in a few months etc,
    prefably one with difeerent heights

any help or recommendatiion greatly appreciated please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i use briggs and stratton, must be a horse of a machine as it cuts huge lawn with last 11 yrs, and never cost anything only in for service every 2 yrs, a brill machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I have a Castelgarden with a Briggs and Stratton engine. I have quite a steep and large lawn but it has never given me any problems.

Try go for a mulcher and a hydrostatic drive (power steering)

http://products.castelgarden.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=13551&storeId=17203&categoryId=55907&langId=-1&topCategoryId=49101&currentPage=&pageView=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Have a Castlegarden 19 inch self propelled with a B&S motor, 11 years old and going strong...
    Have a Castlegarden 36 inch ride-on with a B&S for 4-5 years, no problems either, runs like new...

Guess which brand I'd recommend. :p

Additionally...

Try to get a mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine, lots of different mowers wil have these engines, relyable, strong and easy to have repaired/serviced in the future

Mulching mower may cost extra and if you have kids running round the lawn they'll bring the mulch in on their shoes if the weather is damp (nearly everyday now).. Non mulching is just fine

Hydrostatic is great but expensive, a manual gearbox is fine for a basic mower..

If it's not a ride-on you are after you should at least get a self propelled, it will take the grunt out of mowing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

i should say the area is not very big i only have sods down a month now was using shears first, the area is about 18 feet by 24 feet with a few paving stones on lawn

wasnt sure if i should get petrol or electric so i dont need something i sit on

Help required again please sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leshogan

petrol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

almighty1 wrote: »
    Try go for a mulcher and a hydrostatic drive (power steering)

Good advice, but you mean a Hydrostatic Gearbox!:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

faolteam wrote: »
    i just want a lawnmower that is reliable a good make and can do the work with out falling apart in a few months etc,
    prefably one with difeerent heights

any help or recommendatiion greatly appreciated please :)

Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Honda Izy 16 inch either self propelled or push - they are very light. If you look online you will see that they won the Which consumer guide best mower & Gardener's World.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HONDA-16-HRG415PD-PUSH-IZY-LAWNMOWER-MOWER-/380262827904?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item58896e4780

If you wait a while this seller may have some shop soiled Honda Izy's. You could mail them & ask. I have used both of these sellers & they are first class. Do not be concerned about buying a Class A or B recondition as they will be virtually as new & will come with a full Honda warranty

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TheSuperbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 14 doyled7

I also say Honda. definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

18x24 feet! Get a push mower and a bit of exercise. :)
    Madness to spend serious money on a petrol mower for an area that size, a 12" electric would sail through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Totally reliable

The%2520Gamrie%2520Goats%2520-%2520Goats%2520Milk%2520Soap.jpg

Advertisement