Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Megaphone announcement in Finglas?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I feel like I'm going crazy, has ANYBODY heard this? I heard it just a minute ago, and at about 11pm. I heard it a few times last week too. I can't make out what it's saying but it sounds like a warning and it's kind of freaking me out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

heard nothing last night, but we live up more towards Cardiffsbridge Rd than you seem to (going by your location anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sarah+1

Yeah I live up beside Popintree Park. I rang the garda station this morning and asked about it and apparently it's a security system on a building site that alerts the gardaí if it detects movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

it sounds like an announcement from a security company, they basically look at cctv in a monitoring station that may not be near that area, if they see someone trespassing the can speak over a loudspeaker system and normally say the gardai have been called leave the area,
    then can be fairly loud aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

bladebrew wrote: »
    it sounds like an announcement from a security company, they basically look at cctv in a monitoring station that may not be near that area, if they see someone trespassing the can speak over a loudspeaker system and normally say the gardai have been called leave the area,
    then can be fairly loud aswell!

Yes. The Gardaí are coming so you better run.

That's some job.

:pac:

Advertisement