Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AN EX'S FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!

• 10-08-2010 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I realise that a lot of people have made their mind up because of the name of this thread so that sort of makes this a poignant effort but atleast hear me out.Back in february i began a relationship with a girl (erm...let's call her Ashlynn).We liked each other (well admitedly she liked me more than i did her).The relationship ended in june.I was not sad about it because we had just sort of grown apart and it wasn't a serious relationship.I found out that a few days after we broke up that she was with one of my very good friends.Neither of them know i know though but i really didn't care that she was with him and i wouldn't care if they began dating.

Anyway a few days ago i went out with a group of people and one of Ashlynn's friends was in the group (let's call her Emily).I thought that Emily was a very beautiful girl and during the night we got talking and i realised that i liked her.I noticed that every now and then she would look at me when she thought i couldn't see and she also talked to some of her friends and i heard my name being said and her motioning towards me.Later in the night we were dancing together and then she kissed me.We were kissing for a good while and then she went off with her friends again.

I knew she felt a little guilty afterwards because i used to go out with her friend but she came back maybe 10 mins later and i asked her to come out and dance again,immeadiately we were kissing again and i could tell she wasn't feeling guilty about it this time because she was really getting into it.The night ended a little while later and we went our separate ways but i havn't been able to get what happened out of my head since and i would really like for it to happen again only maybe this time i would ask her out.I know that Emily and i definetly like each other and both of us would probably like to go out with each other but i wouldn't know how Ashlynn would react to it and i wouldn't want to risk a friendship between them for Emily's sake.

Maybe if i explained the situation and asked for permission to go out with Emily it would work and i know thats how i would feel if the tables were turned.The reason for this post is that i would like an outsiders opinion on the matter because i already know what friends would say.I just really want to know what you would do in this situation and if i should go for it or not?

Thanks for reading my spiel and just to say that the names used are not thier actual names.Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

No offence here OP, but get over yourself. If you want to make a move on this girl that's fine. You do not need to get the permission of the first girl. From what it sounds like she doesn't even deserve it. If this girl has similar feelings for you, she will handle her friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CandyRobot

kjl wrote: »
    No offence here OP, but get over yourself.

No offence taken,it actually made me laugh very hard.Thanks for voicing your opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

I'd second the above, but girls can be reeeeally weird about this stuff.

However, realistically that would be for the two girls to sort out between them, and if she's already scored one of your mates I can't see it being that big of an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

As said, you do not ask permission. It's her friendship let her deal with it.

If she doesn't sort it out, I'm sorry but she just doesn't like you enough!

And If she does happy days!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'd say Ashlynn will be perfectly fine. Do you mind if I ask how old you are? From the 'drifting apart' between Feb and June I'd guss pretty young? Doesn't sound like you were serious, and she was with your friend, so kiss away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

dory wrote: »
    I'd say Ashlynn will be perfectly fine. Do you mind if I ask how old you are? From the 'drifting apart' between Feb and June I'd guss pretty young? Doesn't sound like you were serious, and she was with your friend, so kiss away!

From the way it's written (no offence OP), I'd say 17?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Offtopic and unhelpful posting can earn you a ban from this forum. Please read the charter and abide by it.

aDeener I have deleted your post as quoting a large block of text to post an off-topic and unhelpful reply is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CandyRobot

dory wrote: »
    tommy21 wrote: »
    From the way it's written (no offence OP), I'd say 17?

You're not too far off,18 actually.Yes dory you're right we wern't that serious to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

I say go for it CandyRobot.You said yourself that you both like each other and it's evident that she does like you because she probably wouldn't have kissed you the second time if she didn't.If you want to be positive about it you can always ask a mutual friend,if you have one,if she likes you and would consider going out with you.Like others have said if she does like you she will sort it out with Ashlynn.

Also let your friend know that you know him and Ashlynn kissed,it'll show him how fine and supportive of that situation you really are.You said he was a very good friend so chances are he feels a little guilty about it like Emily did the first time.It should come as a relief to him.

Hope I helped :D

Advertisement