Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost previous username

Options
  • 10-08-2010 2:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

Before the infamous hacking issue on boards I had another username and was a subscriber.

However I also used the same email address to register feelingstressed. It was to with a work related personal issues thread I started (please don't judge me :o ) but I never used it outside PI

When I tried to reset my password it could reset feelingstressed but I lost my other username, had over 7,000 posts.

I emailed the address we were given.
    Asked to remember my last three PM's, sorry I rarely send or recieve pm's so I couldn't answer and I can't verify my identity

I emailed the address again but got no reply.
    I'm sure the helpdesk is busy, is there any solution here and maybe my accounts could be merged?
    I was a subscriber, happy to subscribe again.

Not trying to escalate this, I just don't know a solution

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Hi there - you'll need to send mail to hello@boards.ie again. There might be another way of verifying your identity that they can go through with you. There's nothing we can do from here, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there.

The trouble with merging the accounts, based on what you've said above, is that Data Protection rules are pretty sticky (as in "very particular") about merging accounts in this situation and require pretty stringent verification of identity. The community managers discussed it with the data protection commission when the hack happened and essentially verification by means of PM identification was one of the requirements they agreed upon.

The best I can suggest is that you email hello@boards.ie again, including everything you can about the old account.

edit: bah, beaten to it by oB. Still, my first paragraph is info about why so I'll leave this post regardless.

Advertisement