Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC bill?

• 10-08-2010 3:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭

at the beginning
    -Saw that Fibre 15 Anytime and it cost 57 euro
    -so i call up and ask them and he said it will cost 52.25 euro, the price that on their website is not up-tp-date
    -order that day and finnished installation at 30 of July
    -this morning(10 of august) saw their website update the package to Fibre 15 Freetime and it only cost 35.44 euro:eek:
    -so i asked UPC customer support and ask my bill detail and any chance that i can change to this package
    -and they say they will be the same price (52.75 euro per month)
    -his explain
    The break up is given below:
    Fibre Power Broadband 15 mb .. €32.00
    Basic Telephone rental ... € 6.00
    Free time Telephone Pack .. € 7.00
    Broadband Standalone charge .. € 7.75
    Totaling, €52.75 per month.

ok...this look fair to me but Basic Telephone rental ... € 6.00 :confused:
    http://www.upc.ie/phone/

--skip(see the second quote below)--

We can offer one of the cheapest phone services in Ireland to our TV customers - with us you pay just €6 a month.

You can also choose from two great call bundles: Freetime World and Anytime World.
    For an additional €7 a month you can avail of our Freetime World pack which gives free local, national and international landline calls to 21 selected destinations at off peak and weekend times.
    so this mean that i dont need to connect my telephone to the telephone port (wall) because the modem already have a telephone prot?

if so, i cant see there have any reason that i need to pay that 6 euro
    ( i know 6 euro is not much but i need to know what i pay for and why do i have to pay )

thanks for reading

by the way their customer service speak too fast..ask them to slow down, they did slow down a 'bit' so i ask him to sent me an email about the break down detail to make sure i didnt miss or misunderstanding
    but he only sent me the break up detail but without the information:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ok...this look fair to me but Basic Telephone rental ... € 6.00

what confusing about this its the phone line rental charge

so this mean that i dont need to connect my telephone to the telephone port (wall) because the modem already have a telephone prot?

if so, i cant see there have any reason that i need to pay that 6 euro
    ( i know 6 euro is not much but i need to know what i pay for and why do i have to pay )

from reading this i'm getting the impression that you still have a line line with eircom or other company.

if so you are paying the 6 euro and the 7euro for freetime pack for a phone service from upc.

you now have two options either cancel the phone service from eircom and use your upc phone connection (you can keep your phone number just ring upc and explain to them your situation) or cancel the phone service with upc and continue useing your eircom line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

right O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

UPC don't use Eircoms lines, that's why you don't pay Eircom's line rental.

As Dunworth said, you either cancel with Eircom, or get UPC to port over the phone number, which will close the Eircom account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

kk887 wrote: »
    by the way their customer service speak too fast..(

At least they are Irish....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The €6.00 is for the UPC Phone service.

If you want to transfer your eircom number to UPC call them on 1908 and ask to have your number 'ported'

The process takes about 10 days and your eircom line will then go dead.

If you don't really care about losing your eircom number, just ring eircom and ask them to cease your line and use your UPC-issued number instead.

All you need to do is plug your phone into the RJ11 telephone socket on the back of the UPC modem.

UPC call plans are here : http://www.upc.ie/phone/

• Advertisement
Advertisement