Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archie's NFL/NCAA Tips Log

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Some terrible defence from the Texans undoing all yesterdays good work, making today go wobbly. Falcons and Texans won't get anything from their games, so looks like I'm gonna have to chase. :pac:

10 pts - Colts (-3) @ Redskins @ 10/11

1 pts - Raiders (+7.5) & MIN@DAS over 43.0 @ 13/5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The Texans are just woeful on D. Think i'll be going big on Colts as well. Just can't see Manning having 2 bad games back to back. Especially against the Redskins. Worst total D in the league and 2nd worst in passing. Some decent odds on anytime TD scorers too. All over evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey arch what do you think of this pp special?

Minnesota Vikings to win and Percy Harvin to score a TD 11/2

Headshot wrote: »
    hey arch what do you think of this pp special?

Minnesota Vikings to win and Percy Harvin to score a TD 11/2

Think they're very good odds. Randy Mosses arrival will open up lots of space for Harvin, and you'd imagine if the Vikings do get the win, Harvin would probably have something to do with it. My only concern would be Brett Favre's condition, he's barely hanging in there. Myself, I'd throw a tenner on it at most, or whatever you wouldn't feel too upset at losing!

cheers arch

I think ill stick with a tenner since I know nothing about NFL:pac:

• Advertisement

cheers arch

I think ill stick with a tenner since I know nothing about NFL:pac:

No pressure on me then! :o

Well I won't let you go on it alone, I'll throw a tenner on Harvin for a TD for the craic to go in with ya! ;) Although I don't have PP so I'll just stick him in a double with Michael Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Did the Texans -4.5 and they win by 4!

darsar wrote: »
    Did the Texans -4.5 and they win by 4!

You and me both man! :(

dont worry if I lose my tenner, ill just blame you :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

is there reasoning for the colts game or do you just fancy them big time,,
    ive already backed them -3 so it doesnt really matter,just curious..

• Advertisement

Turns out my bet on the Texans was actually -4.0 which means I got my stake returned. Not very fair to those who followed my tip though, so it's probably best I leave it as a loss in here. Don't think I'll be doing this by pen and paper again :mad:

As for the Colts, no real reason beyond Peyton Manning!

TD for Harvin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

outrageous TD!

Go wan the Harv :)

One half of your bet in. Have no faith in the Vikes this season though. Think you'll need every bit of any luck that's going around.

One half of your bet in. Have no faith in the Vikes this season though. Think you'll need every bit of any luck that's going around.

Ah I didn't go with the Vikes anyway, I'm not on Paddy Power so didn't have that special available to me! Although as much as I'd like to see Headshot win his bet, I've had a bet with a lad on the AF forum since preseason that the Vikes would lose more games than they'd win from their opening 7, so a Cowboys win tonight would leave the Vikes at 1-4 :)

dont worry if I lose my tenner, ill just blame you :-)

In that case, I'll take the credit for your win :)

Archimedes wrote: »
    In that case, I'll take the credit for your win :)

your lucky I had my lawyer on quick dial :D

I dont follow NFL or truth be told have no interest what so ever in it but I love your work arch, keep it up

Well after a very good day yesterday, the difference between a nice profit and a catastrophic loss lies in the hands of Peyton Manning.

Over to you farmboy...

Well they are very capable hands. I'll be hoping they do they business tonight too.

• Advertisement

Bloody missed FG. If that costs me a win, so help me God, I will stamp my feet furiously. :mad:

Stupid ****ing Colts defence. Adam Vinatieri can go **** himself too the ****.

God damn Colts. I get my stake returned but Im not happy about it. So many stupid errors - 4 turnovers and 2 missed field goals.

Gonna need to pull something out of the bag tomorrow to make it a worthwhile week. Sitting on a paltry 0.87% profit at the moment lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

God damn Colts. I get my stake returned but Im not happy about it. So many stupid errors - 4 turnovers and 2 missed field goals.

Gonna need to pull something out of the bag tomorrow to make it a worthwhile week. Sitting on a paltry 0.87% profit at the moment lol.

Profit is profit man, I wouldn't be going he'll for leather just because it's a little on the low side. Easier said than done though, trust me, I know!

2 pts - Nate Washington Anytime TD @ 13/8

2 pts - Kenny Britt Anytime TD @ 7/4

There hasn't been a game this season where one of these guys hasn't got a TD, and they have 6 between them. Only one team have given up more TDs than the Jags, and they're also statistically the 4th worst pass defence in the league for yards per game (if you're a yards per attempt man, the Jags D ranks last against the pass). Add to that the emphesis the Jags will put on stopping Chris Johnson, and there's a good chance both of these guys will grab a TD, but even if only one does, that'll be a small profit.

Thank you Mr. Britt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

That didn't take long

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Guaranteed profit for me there now!

I went with just Washington anytime TD. Was a coin flip for me really. Hopefully this is a shootout as i'm on the overs as well and Nate can in the end zone too on one of the plays.

• Advertisement

gnolan wrote: »
    That didn't take long

I bloody love when your bet gets out of the way nice and early. Have the whole game now to hope Nate Washington picks something up. Vince Young has already targeted him once which is encouraging.

Advertisement