Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting Scope

Options
  • 10-08-2010 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all, need a bit of advise here please.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite .270 Rifle, on top is a Swarovski Z6 2-12X50, I have just nornal rings on the rifle, I have sent the scope over to Austria Factory to be upgraded and was wondering, what should I be mounting the scope on?, the rings are just ok, but I feel something a bit more stable would be in order.

Any Ideas? also if you do have an idea, please tell me where I can get it also, pref down southish

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Always thought optilocks are quite good although they are very heavy.
    I use picatiny rails on all my rifles and therefore only need one type of scope mounts, scopes can be swapped from rifle to rifle without taking mounts off.
    Look in the recent pimp my rifle thread, there is a pic of a T3 with rail and the rock solid Recknagel mounts from Germany. All not cheap, but good.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

ejg wrote: »
    , there is a pic of a T3 with rail and the rock solid Recknagel mounts from Germany. All not cheap, but good.
    edi

Thanks for the reply edi, where would one go about getting this sort of setup?

and approx cost?, just an approx cost so i can start saving again

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭gentleman jim

optilocks is what i have on my tikka t3 lite.223!
    and i have burris on my remmey 7mm08!
    both great IMO

where would I go to get these fitted? a pro somewhere in south would be great

You could check the webshop www.roedale.de
    He could also source the mounts. Or anyone that deals or sells Recknagel products.
    If you are stuck I can help when I'm back home after my hols.
    Nice thing about picatiny is that there is such a huge variety of mounts available.
    edi

• Advertisement

If you are stuck I can help when I'm back home after my hols.
    ice thing about picatiny is that there is such a huge variety of mounts available.
    edi

thanks edi, if i am still stuck i'll pm u in a few weeks, hope i'm not stuck, season nearly upon us now.

I'll be back 22nd. If you are really stuck and before you loose a days
    shooting you can use my rail as it's not on my stalking rifle.
    Could put it on for you too, if you can make it down to Kinsale.
    edi

I'll be back 22nd. If you are really stuck and before you loose a days
    shooting you can use my rail as it's not on my stalking rifle.
    Could put it on for you too, if you can make it down to Kinsale.
    edi

u the man ,thanks edi, enjoy u'r hols

Advertisement