Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

46a bus route to be changed...

Options
  • 10-08-2010 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭

I seem to recall hearing that the monkstown farm bus stop will be bypassed from now on and the bus will go through the cbc area instead. Am i wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes. Time to buy a bike, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hello hello932, you are better off posting this thread here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=246

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

It's been doing that for months while the mounttown road has been half closed anyway.

I think it makes more sense to have it go past the school,
    It also now goes right past my house :cool:

The South Co.Dub Forum would prob get a better answer than AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

been in the news and on the websirte for months OP. Monkstown farm being cut and Stillorgan village also.

About feckin time too, pointless detours that took an age. There are loads of other changes happening and the 63 is covering Monkstown farm in place of the 46a

EDIT: don't bother with South County Dublin, C&T has much more detail on it in the "Network Direct" thred.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Always was a bit of a slow route with the twists and turns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

What has happened to the big changes to the N11 bus routes to/from city including axing of no 10, 746 and 46b and revised route/times for no 47. I thought this was to happen in July? Nothing on Dublin bus website on recent look.

What has happened to the big changes to the N11 bus routes to/from city including axing of no 10, 746 and 46b and revised route/times for no 47. I thought this was to happen in July? Nothing on Dublin bus website on recent look.

still in process, delayed as with everything else DB is involved with

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

And what about elderly people in the Monkstown Farm and Mounttown Road areas who depend on this service?

Typical Irish attitude in the posts above, F**k them as long as it suits me!

Wickerman1 wrote: »
    And what about elderly people in the Monkstown Farm and Mounttown Road areas who depend on this service?

what about the 1,000's of commuters that rely on this bus? the 46a is a commuter route designed for large volumes of people. The "what about the elderly" is a line thrown out frequently and while it would be desirable to have the bus there it is of little/no benefit to 99% of travellers using the route. The Farm will still be covered by the 63.

The farm detour is a total of only 1.9 km but easily adds 10 mins to the journey time, not to mention the fact that the road is totally unsuitable for buses, they need to use the footpath to pass each other at points and that is just dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

The many elderly people who live in the estates around Kill Avenue will now have a frequent bus service in walking distance. Monkstown Farm will be served by the new 63 route. Some people will lose out - many more will gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's elderly people everywhere?? Many who don't live on bus routes. Same argument applies, what about the elderly people who hadn't a bus stop near them for years? Now they have one.

Your argument is slightly illogical unless there are 0 elderly people living on the new route?
    not to mention the fact that the road is totally unsuitable for buses, they need to use the footpath to pass each other at points and that is just dangerous.

I couldn't more agree with you on that; the amount of times I've been driving on my side of the road and seen a bus hurtling towards me half way across my lane is crazy, not to mention the frequent path mounting. The road is completely unsuitable for buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Monkstown Farm will still be serviced by the 63 which will operate to Dun Laoghaire. They can connect to a 46a if needs be on Kill Lane.

Hardly that much of an inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

How frequent will the 63 run in comparison to the 46a?

I use the 46a quite often and it seems like a vital service for a lot of ederly people in the DL area.

How frequent will the 63 run in comparison to the 46a?

I use the 46a quite often and it seems like a vital service for a lot of ederly people in the DL area.

every half hour iirc, which, let be honest is suitable for OAPs as they generally have the time to meet them as needed, unlike most commuters where direct high volume is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SafetyPin

I think I read somewhere that the 4a would be extended towards monkstown farm and going onto DL?
    Shouldn't that help the elderly people of the area if this is to be the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Surely if old people are able-bodied enough to take the bus they won't be too strained walking a little further from now on to get their bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Just have to ask-what are the motivations of bus eireann in changing the 46a bus route?

Is it because of antisocial behavior? Ive noticed many times that the bus stops in the monkstown farm area seem to cater for the skankiest of skanks...real lowlifes like...anyone else notice this?

hello932 wrote: »
    Just have to ask-what are the motivations of bus eireann in changing the 46a bus route?

Is it because of antisocial behavior? Ive noticed many times that the bus stops in the monkstown farm area seem to cater for the skankiest of skanks...real lowlifes like...anyone else notice this?

bus eireann have nothing to do with the 46a

Dublin Bus are changing it due to recommendation produce by Deloitte's Network Direct review. Essentially they were told that diversion like this, Stillorgan and others were in-efficient and time costly. there is no reason what so ever for the 46a, a high volume commuter route, to go down all theses side roads which add considerable time to the journey. Streamlining the route allows for more frequent buses with the same level of resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

I'm sorry but this statement stinks of outright snobbery. The residents of Monkstown Farm are not "skanks" as you so delightfully put it.

And for the record, the decision to change the bus route has absolutely nothing to do with anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

Alias G wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this statement stinks of outright snobbery. The residents of Monkstown Farm are not "skanks" as you so delightfully put it.

And for the record, the decision to change the bus route has absolutely nothing to do with anti-social behaviour.

Eh have you ever been down that place...the farm is a dive! Hard to believe thats its just down the road from nice places like carrickbrennan lawn and monkstown village. Its so out of place really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Eh have you ever been down that place...the farm is a dive! Hard to believe thats its just down the road from nice places like carrickbrennan lawn and monkstown village. Its so out of place really.

Eh yes I have been down that place...I happen to live there. My humblest apologies for not being able to afford a house in Carrickbrennan lawn or Monkstown Village. But if those area's are populated with individuals who share the same opinions as yourself then frankly, I'm glad I don't live there.

Advertisement