Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mosques in Ireland

• 10-08-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭

Salaam brothers and sisters,

The purpose of this thread is to gather a comprehensive list of mosques and praying locations in Ireland. Please add to this list if you know of a location not already on it.

JazakAllah.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Thanks to sekut for the following list:

MOSQUES

Dublin Mosque
    163 South Circular Road, Dublin 8
    Jumma - 1.30pm
    Buses - 19 and 122 (stop and national stadium), 16A, 19A, 121

Clonskeagh Mosque
    19 Roebuck Road, Clonskeagh, Dublin 14
    Jumma - 1.30pm
    Buses - 11A/B

Lucan Mosque
    1 Liffey Road, Liffey Valley, Lucan
    Buses - 25A/X, 207

Lucan Mosque Makki Masjid
    31 The Park, Grange Manor (beside Griffen Valley Park)
    Jumma - 1.30pm
    Buses - 25A/X, 207

Barry & Sons
    Blackpits, off south circular road, Dublin 8
    Jumma - 1.30pm

Tallaght Masjid
    2 Greenhills Business Centre, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
    Bus - 77 (Stops near extravision)

Other Locations with Praying Facilities

Tallaght Hospital
    Contemplation Room, Closed to Chapel & Chaplaincy

Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
    Prayer Room, Basement
    Buses - 16A, 19A, 23

Beaumont Hospital
    Jumma - 1.30pm
    Bus - 27B

University College Dublin
    Belfield, Room 114, Science Building
    Earlsfort Terrace, Room 101
    Bus - 10

Trinity College Dublin
    Student Union Building

Dublin Institute of Technology
    Multi-faith Room, Kevin Street Campus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Irish_Muslim

Al-Mustafa Islamic cultural Centre ( Masjid Al-Mustafa)
    9 west point Business park, Damastown
    Dublin 15
    www.muslimsinireland.org

Al-Mustafa Islamic Cultural Centre has moved to new permises:

The new permises is 5 minutes walk from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and 1 minute walk from Power City in Blanch.

The address is:

31 Coolmine Industrial Estate,
    Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
    01-8270547
    087-6764122

There Friday Prayer lecture is completely in English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Just wondering, do the mosques in Ireland tend to be Shi'ite or Sunni? Or do those differences tend to be glossed over more when you're a minority group in a different country?

The reason I ask is that I've noticed that Christians who observe denominational differences back home are much more likely to happily worship together when they live and work as ex-pats in the Middle East. I was wondering if the same thing happens with Muslims here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I think most of them are Sunni....
    but I saw in DCU one Shi'ite muslim doing the Friday Prayer with the Sunni Muslims...

• Advertisement

Majority of Muslims in Ireland is Sunni. However many Shia brothers will also pray in Sunni Mosques. In the Mosque I visit, I have seen Shia's also praying on Friday. However now the Shia community have 2 Islamic centres in Dublin.

Recently the Imam of my local Mosque was invited in the Shia Islamic Centre in Milltown, Dublin to give a lecture on Milad un Nabi.

Link of the lecture is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PwuQcVTVUU

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

CORK MOSQUE / CORK MUSLIM SOCIETY
    There is a Google map link in their website.

Right now the Cork Muslim Society plan to build new Islamic center. According to the website member of Muslim society in cork are more than three thousand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ahmedwageeh

>>Trinity College Dublin
    >>Student Union Building
    Salam Aluikum,

Is there Friday prayer in Trinity College Dublin?

Secondly, is anyone allowed to enter the college and pray in the mosque. Im workng in the city centre and like to find a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Mosque in Ballybrit Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 x0l0x

PDN wrote: »
    Just wondering, do the mosques in Ireland tend to be Shi'ite or Sunni? Or do those differences tend to be glossed over more when you're a minority group in a different country?

The reason I ask is that I've noticed that Christians who observe denominational differences back home are much more likely to happily worship together when they live and work as ex-pats in the Middle East. I was wondering if the same thing happens with Muslims here.

Actually I see that either Sunni or Shi'ite should pray together as they are just Muslims. In the time of prophet Mohammed (PBUH) there was no Sunni or Shi'ite, they were just Muslims and they were praying together without making such problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

In addition to the Cork Mosque, there is another places for Friday Prayer in Cork City Center. The place is located at Nicholas Well Lane, Cork, Ireland. It is just off Shandon street north side of the city. The prayer started around 13:30.
    Google map : 51.9024,-8.4819

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

Galway
    Current mosque is located at:
    13 Sandyview Drive, Riverside, Tuam Road, 091-751621. It's a house converted into a mosque, so can't accommodate the numbers for Friday prayers, so they're performed in Westside Community Centre at 1.30pm.

But there's a new mosque nearing completion just off the Rahoon road in the Knocknacarra area, so watch this space!

Prayers room are also located in the Clincial Science Institute of University Hospital Galway, and there's also a prayer room in the main grounds of NUIG, in the same building as the main canteen. GMIT definitely had one a few years back too, don't know if it's still available.

Ballyhaunis, Co. Mayo
    On Clare Street, a proper mosque

Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
    House converted into a mosque, 141 Abbeylands, close to Mullingar Hospital

Portlaoise, Co. Laois
    House converted into a mosque, Ashley House, Dublin Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, towards Dublin from Portloaise Hospital, on the same side of the road

There are also houses being used for prayers in Ballaghdereen, Ballinrobe and Tuam (and I'm sure a lot of other towns), but I don't have any further info on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pakia

How come there are so few photos on these forums?

I am a newbie here, registered today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ahmedwageeh

Galway
    Current mosque is located at:
    13 Sandyview Drive, Riverside, Tuam Road, 091-751621. It's a house converted into a mosque, so can't accommodate the numbers for Friday prayers, so they're performed in Westside Community Centre at 1.30pm.

But there's a new mosque nearing completion just off the Rahoon road in the Knocknacarra area, so watch this space!

Salam,

Can you guide me to where exactly is the new mosque in Galway situated? I heard its open now. Gazak Allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Italian

Salam,

Can you guide me to where exactly is the new mosque in Galway situated? I heard its open now. Gazak Allah.

Hello Brother,

Please search on google map by exactly typing this numbers " 53.288593,-9.107647 " .... It will show you the exact location of the Galway new mosque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

There are male and female prayer rooms in the Brookfield Health Sciences Building in the grounds of UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmyjinjer

Blackpitts Mosque
    24 Blackpitts
    Dublin
    (near South Circular)

City Mosque
    59 Grenville Lane
    Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Salam.
    Any one can update about Eid timings in different mosques of Dublin tommorrow?
    I'm looking for a mosque where prayer is early so that I can reach the work at 9am.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Galway K9 wrote: »

As far as I am aware this is where the ahmediyyas worship. It does not qualify as a mosque since ahmediyyas are not considered to be Muslim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fatima21

Salam aleikhoum Brothers and Sisters,

I am traveling for a field trip of 3 weeks in Dublin. I will live in a home stay family in Bayside.

I would like to know if there is any mosquee or facilities to pray near to that place ?

If not so what about near to the Horner school of English?

Baraka allahu fikh in advance for your help.

• Advertisement

Fatima21 wrote: »
    Salam aleikhoum Brothers and Sisters,

I am traveling for a field trip of 3 weeks in Dublin. I will live in a home stay family in Bayside.

I would like to know if there is any mosquee or facilities to pray near to that place ?

If not so what about near to the Horner school of English?

Baraka allahu fikh in advance for your help.

WaAlaikum salaam,

I don't think there's anything near Bayside. Trinity college is a 10 minute walk from Horner school of English, and their prayer room would probably be your best bet, although I don't know how strict they are about students from outside of Trinity using it. Will be worth checking out all the same. Beyond that, you'll probably be looking at getting buses to the more established mosques on South Circular Road, or in Clonskeagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 regana

1-Islamic cultural centre Limerick
    Dooradoyle
    Limerick.
    2- one mosque, don' t know the name.
    dock road
    limerick
    3- Noor Masjid
    in city center

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

If people can update eid prayer time for tommorrow :
    South circular road mosque as per their site is two prayers at 830 am and then 930 am.
    Please reply and update if you know the timings of other mosques in dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Maryam Mosque of Galway Ireland.
    Opened for prayers for everyone.

2 OLD MONIVEA ROAD, GALWAY, IRELAND
    TEL: +353 (091) 768832
    FAX: +353 (091) 761967

[url]Http://www.galway-mosque.ie/[/url]

iwantthat wrote: »
    Maryam Mosque of Galway Ireland.
    Opened for prayers for everyone.

2 OLD MONIVEA ROAD, GALWAY, IRELAND
    TEL: +353 (091) 768832
    FAX: +353 (091) 761967

[url]Http://www.galway-mosque.ie/[/url]

it is quite obvious on their home page, but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't click the link, that's been built by Ahmadiyya followers

That's right confusedquark... It is built by Ahmadiyaa Muslim community and opened and welcoming to everyone...

it is quite obvious on their home page, but for the benefit of anyone who doesn't click the link, that's been built by Ahmadiyya followers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ahmad1

Galway K9 wrote: »

hi just to let everyone know the Mosque in Galway is officially ' Galway Mosque ' Masjid Maryam' this is the reg name, So it is Galway's first Muslim Mosque , hence all other Islamic centers in Galway cannot call them selves ' Galway Mosque' as it would be illegal

peace

Nicknamed wrote: »
    If people can update eid prayer time for tommorrow :
    South circular road mosque as per their site is two prayers at 830 am and then 930 am.
    Please reply and update if you know the timings of other mosques in dublin

Why two prayers ???

peace

As far as I am aware this is where the ahmediyyas worship. It does not qualify as a mosque since ahmediyyas are not considered to be Muslim.
    '
    with respect according to the Qur'an they are Muslim and are registered as 'Galway Mosque ' Masjid Maryam Islamic cultural & educational Center ' actual registered name by National reg dept of Ireland

peace

• Advertisement

hi the correct title is Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

jazzakallah

peace

Ahmad1 wrote: »
    hi the correct title is Ahmadiyya Muslim Community

jazzakallah

peace

With all due respect, they might consider themselves Muslims, and they can call themselves whatever they want, but the consensus among Muslim scholars is that Ahmadi's are outside the fold of Islam (and that is something which isn't done lightly), and therefore I won't be referring to them using any "Muslim" title. I felt it important to highlight that the mosque mentioned was built by Ahmadi's, because the majority of Muslims would not want to pray there once they know that fact. This thread is about mosques and I don't want to start a separate discussion in it, but we can carry on in the other thread titled Qadiyanis if you like.

Thanks for your input confusedquark and mentioning the fact that Ahmadiyya Muslims were declared out of the folds of Islam by many other Muslim scholars. How ironic is that Many of the same scholars in fact also declared each other's sectarian believes to be not in line with Islam. Lolz.

For us Ahmadiyya Muslims, we firmly believe That All mighty Allah is the only one who can be the judge of someone's believes and righteousness (which is in line with Quran and the property of Oneness of Allah Subhana wa Tala) so we the Ahmadiyya Muslims will not stop anyone claiming to be a Muslim from coming to the Mosque for praying. After all the Galway Mosque is built for the sole purpose of worship so be it that one holds Shia believes to be right and other holds Sunni believes to be right, everyone is welcome to come and pray and spread the message of peace. The same message which we the Ahmadiyya Muslims are spreading throughout the world from over a century.

and you, confusedquark, the good Muslim you are, please invite people to join congressional prayers, regardless where they are being held. Be it in a room in on Tuam Road, or in a Hall in Westside or in Beautiful home of Allah, the Maryam Mosque of Galway. Please stop spreading hatred. No one is going to benefit from it.

Jazak Allah Khair

With all due respect, they might consider themselves Muslims, and they can call themselves whatever they want, but the consensus among Muslim scholars is that Ahmadi's are outside the fold of Islam (and that is something which isn't done lightly), and therefore I won't be referring to them using any "Muslim" title. I felt it important to highlight that the mosque mentioned was built by Ahmadi's, because the majority of Muslims would not want to pray there once they know that fact. This thread is about mosques and I don't want to start a separate discussion in it, but we can carry on in the other thread titled Qadiyanis if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Guys, this is not a thread to debate doctrine, so please take it elsewhere.

My reply has been posted in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057212635

Advertisement