Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science Statistics

Options
  • 10-08-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I am going in to 2nd year Computer Science but failed statistics and need to repeat in November. Would like to hear of any good grinds or refresher courses available.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

whats the course code???

I don't know about grinds or refresher courses, but I got through the same statistics courses with the help of the books the lecturers recommended - Statistics, The Exploration and Analysis of Data, Devore and Peck. They've loads of copies in the James Joyce library.

You could maybe take one of the easier stats classes as an elective to jog your memory for the harder class? Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

Hi all,
    Thanks for the advice, will do as you suggest, but still think I need some one to one. The course code is DN050

makfli wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the advice, will do as you suggest, but still think I need some one to one. The course code is DN050

I was god-awful at it last year, but most of my classmates firsted it, and my friend's brother is doing statistics in 3rd or 4th year so I could possible ask them if they'd be willing to give grinds if you like.

Advertisement