Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding on a Saturday

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of a place that does hard thesis binding that is open on a Saturday? Preferably in Dublin. Alternatively somewhere that is open after 5.30 as I need to fit the binding in around work.
    I tried the Thesis Centre on Camdem Street but they only do 9.30 to 5.30 Mon to Fri.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

If you are really stuck, ask if you can email it into them.

They can print it off (well most places do) and bind it for you too.

Just make sure you make a .pdf of your word doc as margins etc change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

dellas1979 wrote: »
    If you are really stuck, ask if you can email it into them.

They can print it off (well most places do) and bind it for you too.

Just make sure you make a .pdf of your word doc as margins etc change.

Word defaults to US letter (216x279ish), I'm sure they print and bind A4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

The margins can change if whoever is opening it has different settings. A pdf will not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

The thesis center on Camden St only except pdf's anyway due to changes that can happen when opening a normal word Doc. You can e-mail your thesis and they will print it for you and then collect it when your ready. Just ring them to make sure they received the e-mail. .... they are very expensive though

dellas1979 wrote: »
    The margins can change if whoever is opening it has different settings. A pdf will not.

If the PDF is US Letter, the margins will change, when printed on A4.

• Advertisement

..anyway, sorry for going off topic, it's just something that really bugs me about Micro$oft.

Hope you get/got your thesis sorted OP.

Advertisement