Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrugated pipe smooth on inside for composting toilet bend?

• 10-08-2010 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Can anyone help me?

I have a holiday cottage which has a composting toilet. The DIY man placed a corrugated pipe at the end of the run into the compost unit.
    Unfortunately as it is corrugated on inside also, matter and paper is getting stuck and toilet in the cottage is backing up.

I have heard many times about a corrugated pipe which is smooth on the inside. Can anyone help me locate a length of this pipe in Ireland - preferably somewhere in the south east region??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

If you go to any decent Builders Providers and ask for twin wall corrugated drainage pipe. It comes in 6M lengths, slotted or non slotted.

twinwall_1.jpg

http://www.wsg.ie/uploads/twinwall/twinwalljan2009.pdf

Here you go... in the SE as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

why does it need to be corrugated for?

whats the diameter? can you not just use wavin sewer or another brand?

Polypipe do a range or twinwall pipe which is availble in heiton buckleys but price comparison to the wavin sewer i not sure it matches up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Martron wrote: »
    but price comparison to the wavin sewer i not sure it matches up

I know the 9 inch slotted is about €40 a 6M length

Advertisement