Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KINGFISHER PRICES??

• 10-08-2010 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I know there was a thread here about this but couldn't find it, but my membership is up in gym that i am now in,it's 350e for the year but thats just gym no pool and not alot of classes there, so was wondering have anyone got any advise on gyms around? And what kind of Prices,are there many classes in Kingfisher?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

€350 sounds good,where is that for?

I emailed kingfisher a while back and got these prices
    1. 1 off payment - € 525 (€525 Subscription + €0 Joining Fee) or

2. 3 monthly payments of €193.33 (over first 3 months)

3. Easy Payment - € 128.33 upfront + € 48.33 Per Month via Credit Card/Laser over 11 months

Its just way too expensive, I had a free week there a while ago and got attitude from some old woman in the pool area, when i had brought my 1 year old daughter in so it has put me off the place altogether I know that has nothing to do with the gym,but I was so furious at her i have bad feelings about the place now lol:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Given so many other company's cut prices in the last two years did kingfisher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

How would they know if you're using the pool or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

AdMMM wrote: »
    How would they know if you're using the pool or not?

If they see you wearing speedos they might suspect something :p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Just got an email back from Kingfisher 525e for the year same as yourself Michellie, way too expensive,so don't look like they have come down in there prices Cabaal:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

No its way too expensive... And the guy i emailed told me they wont be dropping their prices,basically that they were the best and all this !:rolleyes:

ps...they dont know if you have paid for the pool, you go through the changing rooms to get to the pool;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

I payed 2 payments of €250 for 1 yr membership (3mths apart) in Kingfisher and i was happy with that, Great set up there, plenty of classes to choose from and ya ya have the bonus of jacuzzi, sauna and steam room afterwards.

I checked out Spirit a few weeks ago, didnt like it, much smaller, less machines and weights and either none or very bad air conditioning.

Carl (New Zealand bouncer in town, don't know his 2nd name lol) has opened a new gym in the Jute Factory, that looks like a fairly good set up but no pool, think he's charging around €350 for 1yr also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Go to the Glass centre myself €5.50 pay as you go or 15 visits for €50. Works for me as I train Muay Thai out with John & Liam in Waterford Muay Thai during the week so wouldn't get the benefit of the membership over the year (different strokes for different folks). I think the glass has what you need gym equipment wise and pool and sauna are grand aswell.
    €525 for 1 years membership is abit expensive in the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ms MEL

I joined Kingfisher at the end of last year and I got it for about €500 and was allowed to pay it in three installments at no extra cost. When you work it out that's only nine euro a week and you can use it as often as you want, but make sure you will use it enough to get the value out of it. A few of the classes on offer are also free to members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

burkey85 wrote: »

Carl (New Zealand bouncer in town, don't know his 2nd name lol) has opened a new gym in the Jute Factory, that looks like a fairly good set up but no pool, think he's charging around €350 for 1yr also.

Is there a squat/power rack there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Is there a squat/power rack there?

Yes there is. Fiance is friends with Carl on facebook and the pics are fab of the gym. Looks like a fairly decent set up and Fiance was well impressed as he is into his weights big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Yes there is. Fiance is friends with Carl on facebook and the pics are fab of the gym. Looks like a fairly decent set up and Fiance was well impressed as he is into his weights big time.

Carl Waitoa is the guys name, he's got pay-as-you-go as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

wellbutty wrote: »
    Carl Waitoa is the guys name, he's got pay-as-you-go as well

how much do ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Does the gym have a Facebook page or a website,i cant seem to find one..

Does the gym have a Facebook page or a website,i cant seem to find one..

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=554110983&ref=search#!/profile.php?id=554110983&v=wall&ref=search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I went there for the first time to use the pool (not a member) and brought my 6 year old.

This was at 9 - 11 am but there were around 3-4 middle aged men walking around naked in the changing room like proud peacocks...

... is there a need for this? I won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

You should have said something. The older and fatter guys get the more they seem to enjoy parading around dressing rooms naked.

mozattack wrote: »
    I went there for the first time to use the pool (not a member) and brought my 6 year old.

This was at 9 - 11 am but there were around 3-4 middle aged men walking around naked in the changing room like proud peacocks...

... is there a need for this? I won't be going back.

OMG....that's awfull yuck...why o why.....no need for that!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,928 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I saw the other day the Tower Hotel is €7.70 for the week, Mon-Friday off peak times 9am-4pm. Im doing nothing at the moment and trying to get back into shape, so this would suit people out of work. Has anybody been down their yet and know if its only the gym or is it also the pool area. I dont know if its only a special for a certain amount of time. But its only €7.70 and i think its you pay whatever week you want to go in, so good instead of paying a years membership and losing interest. Again im not certain of all the details so might be wrong, so if anyone can provide a bit for information would be helpful before i start going down Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

where did ya see that?all they have ontheir website is membership prices,which work out at 546 (10.50) a week peak times,and off peak 400 which works out about 7.70,so id say youd have to pay the 400.could be wrong though.seems like a good deal if so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement