Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

just want to double check i'm on cerazette at the mo, due to the lack of stock i'm getting a pack of noriday moro from my doctor. I'm finished my cerazette today, i do just start noriday moro straight away right?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

what did you dr say?
    What does the instruction leaflet on the noriday say?
    If your not sure ring your chemist and ask.

she said to take it today. So alls well! Would love to hear anyones experiences with noriday if anyone here has used it. Is there periods or none like cerazette?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

hi girls.
    me been switched onto a new pill this week as last one didn't agree with me. this one the doc said i have to take for 28 days straight with no breaks. i heard with some pills that women don't get their period with it. is this kinda pill the same situation??

i know ye are thinking why didn't i ask the doc when there but it went completly out of my head.

thanks girlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Ask your dr or ask your chemist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Sharrow wrote: »
    Ask your dr or ask your chemist.
    This basically. Any medical type opinion you get here would be very dubious, hence its against the charter. Quick phonecall to the chemist should sort you out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

mollybird wrote: »
    hi girls.
    me been switched onto a new pill this week as last one didn't agree with me. this one the doc said i have to take for 28 days straight with no breaks. i heard with some pills that women don't get their period with it. is this kinda pill the same situation??

i know ye are thinking why didn't i ask the doc when there but it went completly out of my head.

thanks girlies.

Some Pill packets have 28 tablets, but 7 are placebos, ie you take them to keep you in the habit of taking but they have no effect, so you would still get a period. Obviously I don't know if this is the case for your Pill, but it could be. You will have to read the leaflet in the box, or ring the pharmacist as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

After suffering a DVT 3 years ago i was recommended by my doctor that a POP was my best option so decided to start with cerazette, got my 3 month perscription today but having done my own bit of research into it since i got home i've read alot of reports which are saying to stay clear of it due to the higher risk of it causing a thrombosis, has anyone else had any kind of experince of taking Cerazette with a previous DVT?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Daisy23 wrote: »
    After suffering a DVT 3 years ago i was recommended by my doctor that a POP was my best option so decided to start with cerazette, got my 3 month perscription today but having done my own bit of research into it since i got home i've read alot of reports which are saying to stay clear of it due to the higher risk of it causing a thrombosis, has anyone else had any kind of experince of taking Cerazette with a previous DVT?

You really need to discuss this with your doctor/pharmacist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Not looking for medical advice, but just wondering for anyone who's taken the morning after pill, what are the side effects like? are they really bad?

• Advertisement

Did you not get a instrution leaflet with them? There are several types of Emergency Contracptive Pill/Morning After Pill, I suggest you contact the place that dispensed them to you.

Not looking for medical advice, but just wondering for anyone who's taken the morning after pill, what are the side effects like? are they really bad?

I've taken it twice and the worst thing i felt was slight twinge in my stomach. But now that i think of it that was probably just the thought of what happened to need the map in the first place. :rolleyes:

Did you not get a instrution leaflet with them? There are several types of Emergency Contracptive Pill/Morning After Pill, I suggest you contact the place that dispensed them to you.

I haven't got it, yet. just wondering what it's like.I'll probably get it tomorrow.
    I've taken it twice and the worst thing i felt was slight twinge in my stomach. But now that i think of it that was probably just the thought of what happened to need the map in the first place. :rolleyes:

Right, thanks. i just thought it was meant to be very bad.

Tomorrow?

You do know ideally the moringing after pill should be took in the first 12 hours and the longer it's left the less likely it is to work?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/morning-after-pill-effectiveness.html
    The morning after pill effectiveness time includes a time frame of 72 hours after sexual intercourse, the pill needs to be consumed within that time period for it to be effective. If the pill is consumed within the first 12 hours, it proves to be maximally effective.

Morning After Pill Effectiveness Rate
    It is also important to note that the morning after pill effectiveness is only taken as having a success rate of 89-92%. It is definitely not as effective as other forms of contraceptives used and should only be used as a last resort. The pill, it is said, has a 95% success rate if taken within 24 hours, 85% if taken within 24-48 hours and 58% if taken within 48-72 hours of unprotected sex.

Tomorrow?

You do know ideally the moringing after pill should be took in the first 12 hours and the longer it's left the less likely it is to work?

Ya I know,but there's only a tiny chance I'd be pregnant anyway...

To be honest, I'm fairly freaked out by the whole idea of it. I know it probably sounds stupid, but I wanted to know I wouldn't be really sick if I took it.

You might feel sick for 24 hours but that is a lot less then having morning sickness for 3 to 6 months.

I was talking the pill, didn't' miss any and used condoms correctly but still ended up pregnant with my first born.

Buy y'know your body, your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I was one of the "lucky" people who got very nauseous and dizzy with it. The leaflet said it was very rare though and I know my friends who have taken it didn't get any noticeable side effects other than maybe a bit of irritability (which could be down to the situation).

I know it's stupid. I know it is. but what i'm trying to say is he didn't *ahem* inside, so the risk is a lot less. I'll still do it i suppose,i've just never ever had to worry about this before.

The precum which leaks from the penis once it is errect and lubricates the glands so that the foreskin glides back can have sperm in it, a man doesn't have to ejactulate inside a woman to get her pregnant.

The IFPA's Crisis Pregnancy Helpline
    1850 495051

Usually you will be talking with a practive nurse who can advise you can put you in touch with were to get the morning after pill no matter where you are in the country.

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Just looking to see if anyone has experienced similar.

I'm on the Pill - Microlite and finished a pack as normal the Friday before last, normally I get a period then on the following Tuesday like clock work - so should have got one on 01 Feb. I didn't. I took a home pregancy test on Friday which came back negative, but I still haven't had a period.

I started a new pack on Saturday as I would normally do but don't know whether I should have what with not having a bleed at all.

This has never happened before so I'm not sure what I should do. I was careful with my pill, always am. So this is a bit strange.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

I was on microlite for a year and that happened to me a couple of times. ive spoken to my doctor about it at the time and she said that it could be due to stress or change in routine. after doing the pregnancy test if youre still worried give your doctor a buzz, they'll be able to chat with you over the phone about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I'm due to have an Implanon implant removed in the next few weeks and I'll have another one put in. I had a medical card when I got the first one in but now I only have GP visit card. I know I will have to pay for the implant but does anyone know if the removal and insertion is covered with the GP visit card if my doctor does it.
    Thanks

If its not covered with the GP visit card would the insertion and removal be included under the Drugs Payment Scheme with the device?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Karen23 wrote: »
    I'm due to have an Implanon implant removed in the next few weeks and I'll have another one put in. I had a medical card when I got the first one in but now I only have GP visit card. I know I will have to pay for the implant but does anyone know if the removal and insertion is covered with the GP visit card if my doctor does it.
    Thanks
    best bet would be to ring your gp and ask
    Karen23 wrote: »
    If its not covered with the GP visit card would the insertion and removal be included under the Drugs Payment Scheme with the device?

only the implant itself is covered under the drugs payment scheme

Thanks , I got the info off my GP this morning.
    For anyone interested the procedure is covered with a GP Visit card and the Implanon costs €120 under the Drugs Payment Scheme.

Hi Ladies and any gents that might be reading this..

I am male and going unreg for this post... I currently have a very bad case of thrush and I'm looking for any advice or help that you might be able to give. I've tried the usual canesten cream, but it doesn't seem to be working this time.. I say this time as both me and my partner have been getting thrush on and off for the past 6 years. We tried all the natural remedies and tablets, etc....

To be honest, we're both getting very fed up of it at this stage...

Help!!

Hi Unregistered,

Are you both suffering from Thrush now? If you have it but she doesn't have any visable signs she may still need to treat herself for it as you seem to be passing it back and forth.

Also, I think a good idea is if the 2 of you go to your GP. 6 years is a long time for you both to be getting it and it would seem to me that one is getting rid of it and the other is not and so it's getting passed back.

You both need to treat yourseves at the same time. There is a one time tablet that you can get from your doctor that should work - if you both take it.

It may also be worth seeing your doctor to make sure that it is definitely thrush that you are both suffereing from.

Thanks Wophity

We've both taken the tablets (difilucne), canesten... various home remedies.. have been cleard for the last 6 mths and now back again..

Going to head to the doctor 2mrw again and try and get it sorted once and for all..

fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Hey everybody :) Looking for some contraception advice.

Was given Cilest by my Dr. to regulate time of month and for contraception almost three years ago. A few months ago, a friend informed me that Cilest was one of the strongest forms of contraception and I became a little worried about it, so decided to ask for a change (despite not having had any issues with it). Asked a stand in Dr. for something a little milder and he prescribed Microlite. After a months break, I started it. After three months on Microlite, my skin is worse than it has ever been. I've never really gotten spots but my face is covered and I'm fed up. :(

Is it worth waiting it out another while incase things improve, should I ask for a third kind, or am I better off coming off it altogether for a while to give my system a break? I'd really rather not to the latter as I rely on it as my sole form of contraception =/

Any advice is helpful :)

Advertisement