Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

I've been on nuvaring since Monday and it's turned my life into a living hell for the past two days. I've been having crying fits, becoming inexplicably enraged at things that wouldn't bother me at all normally and not enjoying things I would usually enjoy. And I've been very grumpy. I've been hoping that this will settle down but I don't know. Have any of you had this problem? Should I stick with it? Or just stop using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Getting full blown periods every week and a half to two weeks on cerazette :mad:
    The pain and emotional liability and debilitating fatigue and weakness that comes with each period is not getting better.
    I've to give it at least 3 month though.
    I swear to god, I'll rip my own womb out by then if this doesn't help me in a few months! (They won't take it out- I'm "too young")
    Sorry, just ranting really!

In a similar situation myself a few months ago, dr advised that I come off it after only two months as I'd had a continuous period for 6 weeks and he said it just wasn't for me, no point suffering any longer. Agreed you should go to your doctor about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I've been on nuvaring since Monday and it's turned my life into a living hell for the past two days. I've been having crying fits, becoming inexplicably enraged at things that wouldn't bother me at all normally and not enjoying things I would usually enjoy. And I've been very grumpy. I've been hoping that this will settle down but I don't know. Have any of you had this problem? Should I stick with it? Or just stop using it?

Same as me. Ive been on it 3 weeks now, and the first week was awful. Totally couldnt stop crying, lost my temper at everything. Wanted the thing out of me. Was so grumpy, hated everyone
    The doctor told me to give it 3 months. I did settle down in week 2 and 3. Now its out after the 3rd week, and im getting emotional again, but i think thats down to pmt!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Same as me. Ive been on it 3 weeks now, and the first week was awful. Totally couldnt stop crying, lost my temper at everything. Wanted the thing out of me. Was so grumpy, hated everyone
    The doctor told me to give it 3 months. I did settle down in week 2 and 3. Now its out after the 3rd week, and im getting emotional again, but i think thats down to pmt!!!

I'm so glad to hear that. I hope it works out like that for me. I'm feeling better today but who knows how long that might last. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry if this is in the wrong place!
    A bit embarrassing but here goes........Started using this last night, first time ever, this is probably a ridiculous question/statement but I've noticed today that the end of the pessary is still there, does it take a full 24 hours for it to dissolve, am wondering will it be gone tonight before I insert the next one? Also I don't think I inserted it deep enough will this have any effect on the effectiveness of the treatment?

Thanks to anyone who can help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

I used to get his regularly until I started to follow some simple rules...

1. Dont use soap or shower gel down below only clean water.

2. Its better to wear cotton underwear to let your area breathe.

3. Avoid too much sugar when you have thrush.

The creams dont work for me until I got the Canestan duo, the pessary I thought was good but like you said it must be inserted deep to cover all the affected area.

But because I have to regularly take antibiotics, thats why I get it on and off now, the only thing that stops thrush for me now is a pill call DIFLUCAN. My doctor prescribed it, one simple pill and its gone!!!
    I use the cream aswell just to be on the safe side.

Also if you have a partner, make sure they use the cream too because you can pass on thrush.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

It can take a while to "come out" (sounds wierd and icky) just keep inserting the pessary as normal at night. Remember to use a pad or a panty liner to protect your knickers as it can be quite chalky. And make sure to wash the applicator too!

If I'm ever at home after a bout of the "little bird" I go around without any pants on....nice steady flow of air to where it needs it! :) She's gotta breathe after all!

I had to stop using any soap down there as I would constantly get it. Cotton knickers all the way! Bubbs99 is bang on with all her info!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Songbird12

I recently started a new relationship and have been looking into different contraception options available. I have decided to go for either the contraceptive implant or the injection. I was just wondering about the cost involved in these two options, I also would like to hear about peoples experiences with them (good and bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Which implant, the one that goes in the arm or in the womb?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Songbird12

The one that goes in your arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭coolabula

Do you need a prescription for this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

coolabula wrote: »
    Do you need a prescription for this?
    Thanks

the one thats being advertised on tv with and oral tablet? if so then yep ya do
    there is another canestan duo thats a pessary and the cream and thats over the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Yes, you need a prescription for the tablet...DIFLUCAN (thrush tablet).

Just explain that you've tried all creams etc. and nothing is working and the irritation is driving you bonkers! I know the feeling!

If its a female doctor, they should understand, some maleones are nice,some just are not. LOL!

Good Luck. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Bubs99 wrote: »
    Yes, you need a prescription for the tablet...DIFLUCAN (thrush tablet).

Just explain that you've tried all creams etc. and nothing is working and the irritation is driving you bonkers! I know the feeling!

If its a female doctor, they should understand, some maleones are nice,some just are not. LOL!

Good Luck. ;)

Its crazy, in England you dont need a pescription at all for this.
    I always stock up every time im home!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Its crazy, in England you dont need a pescription at all for this.
    I always stock up every time im home!!

Yeah I got my aunt to stock up on it last year there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I have a question for those on the pill, and for those that tried different kinds because one of them didn't agree with you.

How soon does side effects set in? I started taking the pill last saturday for the first time. I was ok for a few days. Then out of nowhere i was so so sick yesterday and most of today. I dont remember ever being so sick in my life and i dont know what brought it on. I have never been on the pill either, so there might be some connection.

I just really felt rotten and dont know what brought it on. Took the pill yesterday and 5 hours later i threw up. The leaflet says if you throw up within 4 hours its like missing a pill. Am i safe with the 5 hours? I even threw up even on an empty stomach this morning, so i didnt take the pill. I think i can take it within 12 hours and im feeling ok now. Im just terrified of taking another one just in case it is the pill.

So is it normal to feel fine for a couple days when first taking the pill? Does it take a while for the side effects to set in?

Some side effects take weeks others a few days, you'd be best ringing your dr and chatting to them.

Hello Ladies,

I'm going to be having a STI test and pelvic examination soon and I'm just wondering what I should expect, particularly in the pelvic exam, as some of the stuff online is a bit scary!

Any help is appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

Have a bit of a problem.. I'm on Microlite with almost two months, I'm coming to the end of my second pack and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last night. (Its the only time we've done it - we always use condoms). I thought all was fine until I went to take my pill this morning and realised that I hadn't taken yesterday's one. There's only five pills left in my pack so I'm going to start straight into my next one without a break, but I just wanted to ask about it, how bad is it? I'll be ringing my doctor tmrw but I just wanted to get a general consensus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hi there Shonagh, moved you post here to the home of all queries regarding women's health... :cool:

• Advertisement

First off finish your first pack no matter what. Were you more than 12 hours late taking your forgotten pill?

I think its more important to take your pill in the first and last week of your pack (someone back me up on this? I'm almost certain...)

No matter what though you are better off checking with your doctor. When you miss a pill you're unprotected for the next 7 days after the missed pill so I'm sorry to say you are right to be concerned. A chat with your doctor will give you more info and they can advise on whether or not you need to take a morning after pill or not.

Always worth giving your info leaflet that comes in the box another read, it might shed a bit more light on your situation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 opalsphere

Shonagh wrote: »
    Have a bit of a problem.. I'm on Microlite with almost two months, I'm coming to the end of my second pack and I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend last night. (Its the only time we've done it - we always use condoms). I thought all was fine until I went to take my pill this morning and realised that I hadn't taken yesterday's one. There's only five pills left in my pack so I'm going to start straight into my next one without a break, but I just wanted to ask about it, how bad is it? I'll be ringing my doctor tmrw but I just wanted to get a general consensus..

You have 36 hours after sex to get a morning after pill. The sooner you take it, the more effective it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dhack

Hi
    I have been battling ductal thrush for 9 weeks now and have decided to look for some more expert help. Can you recommend a professional that you attended the helped you clear your thrush /candida issues. My gp is pretty useless but would go to another gp if it was their speciality. Would also consider naturopath or homeopath or some thing similar. I am living in north dublin city.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

dhack wrote: »
    Hi
    I have been battling ductal thrush for 9 weeks now and have decided to look for some more expert help. Can you recommend a professional that you attended the helped you clear your thrush /candida issues. My gp is pretty useless but would go to another gp if it was their speciality. Would also consider naturopath or homeopath or some thing similar. I am living in north dublin city.
    Thanks

Wouldn't waste your money on homeopathy, best stick to medical professionals for medical issues.

If you find your GP useless then it's probably time to find a new one. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MD!

Hi there, i have been taking cilest for around 2 years now (was on dianette before for about 5 and had no problems with that) and never had any problems until recently. i had some mid-cycle bleeding and had a smear done that came back all clear, however my doctor has sent me for a colcoscopy (dont think that is spelled right!) just to be on safe side as she said my cervix is quite red. another thing i have noticed is a change in mood, bursting into tears over nothing, completely lacking in energy etc. its like severe pms weeks before my period is even due. has anyone experienced something similar? (i intend to mention these to the doc when i get my hosp appointment.)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mary_hayes

Hi!
    Has anyone out there had any side effects from using Dianette as a contraceptive? I've heard of people having problems and apparently it was taken off the market in some country. Since I was switched to it six years ago for acne I have weight gain and depressed moods and my doctor told me to eat less and exercise more, which I do religiously. Anyone else had complaints about it or recommend a pill worth trying? Sorry if this is a weary topic :)

I was on dianette for two months and became quite sick, every fortnight at least I had severe migraines and vomiting. Its the only pill I tried that made my boobs bigger though :(

I'm getting on grand with cilest, although I think it might be making me ill too just much less frequently. If its making you blue it might be worth trying something else but your doctor should advise you on that. If he/she is brushing it off, get a second opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I felt too scared to post thing using my own account.

For as long as I can remember I have had this really weird problem of always being moist down below. It's not in a sexual exited way I just seem to be always damp. I change my underwear three times a day and not sure what is happening? Could anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

I was wondering if anyone that has or had the implant (implanon) could shed some light for me. I'm on my 2nd one and went straight from one to the next with no break. I've my 2nd one in a year now and since I got my first one my periods stopped. However yesterday I started having a period, i haven't had one in almost 4 years so am slightly worried.
    Should I go to the doctor?? I know absence of periods is a side effect of the implant but now that this period has arrived does it mean the implant is not working??
    Hope this post is not too confusing and thanks in advance for any replies

• Advertisement

I felt too scared to post thing using my own account.

For as long as I can remember I have had this really weird problem of always being moist down below. It's not in a sexual exited way I just seem to be always damp. I change my underwear three times a day and not sure what is happening? Could anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thank you.

Some women are just that way, I'd suggest getting panty liners.

Advertisement