Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the WWC on liffey street is brilliant, i really love my doctor in there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Whoopsy how about the nuvaring? I'm on that and love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just wondering if anyone has tried Qlaira and if so could you share what your experience with it has been?
    Switching to Qlaira from Microlite as it sent me a bit loo-la:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nikki2510

Pembily wrote: »
    Hey, I've just come off the implant (actually had 2, so been on it 6years) and doc suggested the nuvaring so I thought I'd give it a try. How do u find it? Any problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Polloloca wrote: »
    was changed onto Yasmin. I've been on that for ages and the first week or so I was a bit emotional but was grand afterwards. Just my experiences anyway.

I've been on Yasmin for about 8 or 9 years, never had a moment's trouble with it. The only downside is that it's quite expensive compared to other pills - €13 - €15 per pack depending on where you get it. But worth it, imo, if it agrees with you.

• Advertisement

Would you not go to a different doctor? You don't have to go to the same one all the time. Maybe go to one who may be a little more clued in?

Ah he's grand for most stuff and to be fair, he's probably grand for this aswell but I suppose I think I'd like someone who actually has experience is ladies' issues rather than it just being in a book! I've been to a Well Woman lady in Dun Laoghaire before and she's pretty cool so I think I'll go to her again :)

Never heard of this? Is it an implant or a coil or some kind? *googles*
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I've been on Yasmin for about 8 or 9 years, never had a moment's trouble with it. The only downside is that it's quite expensive compared to other pills - €13 - €15 per pack depending on where you get it. But worth it, imo, if it agrees with you.

Is a pack a month?

I've never been on a pill before, haven't a clue :o

Nikki2510 wrote: »
    Hey, I've just come off the implant (actually had 2, so been on it 6years) and doc suggested the nuvaring so I thought I'd give it a try. How do u find it? Any problems?
    I love it, no problems at all. Mild thrush rarely but that's it. Moods etc much more normal on it :) I have been on it for 10 years now :)
    Ah he's grand for most stuff and to be fair, he's probably grand for this aswell but I suppose I think I'd like someone who actually has experience is ladies' issues rather than it just being in a book! I've been to a Well Woman lady in Dun Laoghaire before and she's pretty cool so I think I'll go to her again :)

Well Woman in DL are lovely :) It looks like a hair tie and you put it in yourself every 3 weeks like a tampon. It's also expensive, €20 a month!:mad:

Is a pack a month?

I've never been on a pill before, haven't a clue :o

The ring is a small, rubber ring that sits just outside your cervix and releases the same hormones as the Pill. You leave it in for three weeks at a time and then take it out for a week. It works in exactly the same way as the Pill, but obviously you don't have to remember to take a Pill every day because you leave it in place.

Yep, the Pill is a pack a month - 21 days of taking the Pill, then seven days off. However, if you run two or more packs together (I do this a lot, as I ALWAYS seem to have something on when I'm due to have my withdrawal bleed) then obviously you'll be using more than 12 packs a year.

It looks like a hair tie and you put it in yourself every 3 weeks like a tampon. It's also expensive, €20 a month!:mad:

Is €20 a month expensive? I'd get a 20% discount so that wouldn't be so bad.
    Yep, the Pill is a pack a month - 21 days of taking the Pill, then seven days off. However, if you run two or more packs together (I do this a lot, as I ALWAYS seem to have something on when I'm due to have my withdrawal bleed) then obviously you'll be using more than 12 packs a year.

Well see this is kind of why I was thinking of going on the pill, so that I could continue taking it if I had something on. But at the same time, after fcuking up my body on the depro provera it's probably not such a good idea for me to do that.

I'll go to the WW clinic and see what they think. Thanks everyone for your help :)

Is €20 a month expensive? I'd get a 20% discount so that wouldn't be so bad.

Well see this is kind of why I was thinking of going on the pill, so that I could continue taking it if I had something on. But at the same time, after fcuking up my body on the depro provera it's probably not such a good idea for me to do that.

I'll go to the WW clinic and see what they think. Thanks everyone for your help :)
    I don't think it is as it suits me but it's more expensive than others!

I have run pills together and it's been grand. I would never go on the injection or implant, too many hormones for me.

Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

i know different things work for different people but i turned into a crazy person on the implant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I was on logynon for about 18 months and my new doctor took me off it, she said it was a really outdated pill and I should never have been prescribed it. I also had really bad mood swings on it. Been on Yaz now for about 18 months and while it cured the mood swings it also made my weight balloon and I've gotten really bad PMS symptoms. So I'm going to try something new after this month, thinking maybe Microgynon as I've heard a few people have found it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jewow

Nikki2510 wrote: »

Nikki, do you mind if I ask you how it was when you got the implant removed as in did your periods return? did u have them while it was in?
    I'm on my 2nd one and going to get it out soon, my periods were gone for the most part, only 2 in the 6 years, I'm just curious as to what to expect and I hope you don't mind the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Getting my implant out next week. To be honest, I was so nervous about getting it out, that i left it in for a few months over the three years. I've been using other protection, but I just have it built up into something massive and scary. It should be fine though, the doctor said because I can feel it and move around, it should come out easily enough.

imbroglio wrote: »
    Getting my implant out next week. To be honest, I was so nervous about getting it out, that i left it in for a few months over the three years. I've been using other protection, but I just have it built up into something massive and scary. It should be fine though, the doctor said because I can feel it and move around, it should come out easily enough.

mine was fine other than needing anesthetic twice (but that happens to me anyway)
    no pain no nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there,

I came off the pill last month on my doctors advice. I had my "break week"/period at the time of the appointment and I'm due my period now-ish.

I had what I thought were period pains last Monday, but still no period.

I am just wondering is it normal for periods to be irregular after you stop taking the pill? Can anyone tell me their experiences?

I was reluctant to stop taking the pill as I had excrutiating period pain before I ever began taking it years ago. I said this to my doctor but he just said the pain may return but he couldn't tell me for sure or he couldn't tell me if they would be regular.

I am not asking for medical advice, just an insight into your experince with coming off the pill and how periods change.

Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UnPetiteAmie

I came off the pill maybe six weeks ago andi had a period straight away and then one about 13 days later so they are defo irregular, also had the same terrible cramps that were the reason I was on the pill, but found they kind of lessened with nurofen plus.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi there,

I came off the pill last month on my doctors advice. I had my "break week"/period at the time of the appointment and I'm due my period now-ish.

I had what I thought were period pains last Monday, but still no period.

I am just wondering is it normal for periods to be irregular after you stop taking the pill? Can anyone tell me their experiences?

I was reluctant to stop taking the pill as I had excrutiating period pain before I ever began taking it years ago. I said this to my doctor but he just said the pain may return but he couldn't tell me for sure or he couldn't tell me if they would be regular.

I am not asking for medical advice, just an insight into your experince with coming off the pill and how periods change.

Thank You!

I came off the pill nearly 4 years ago after 9 years on it.

To say that my periods were irregular and unpredictable would be a massive understatement. They were all over the place. Really long cycles of 70+ days.

I can't tell you when they settled down either because I got pregnant on my third cycle (planned).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KeepCalm

Does anyone know how long you have to wait to get the injection? After you fill out the form ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nat.brand

Hi Aimerlans,
    I totally agree as I have had a similar experience with my Nexplanon implant unfortunately. I thought it was great the first year with no periods but now that they have started again and are long and close together my doctor has recommended I get it removed.

Cerocco, what I was wondering is how did you find the price for insertion etc. in the North? I was thinking of getting mine removed there, as I had mine put in for free in UK and cant really afford the price for removal here. I have been searching online and have found nothing useful.

Any help much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

Has anyone had any headaches or side affects on the implant?

i had spotting a month or 2 after i got it for a while when i did go to my doctor she gave pills to take for 10days no other problems since

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭nadey

when i used to be on the pill i found yasmin the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boober27

Hi, just going unregistered for this as I don't want to post from my main account.

I'm 18 years old and was prescribed the pill last year for my periods as I get really terrible cramps. Initially I was on Dianette, but it gave me problems with my skin and made me feel very depressed, so I was put onto Yasminelle. I was taking that up until recently. I noticed I felt depressed again, and took a couple of months off from it. I felt better off the pill but couldn't stay off due to the period pain. I went back to Yasminelle but needed to switch. My doctor has now prescribed me a new pill called "Zoely."

I'm a bit worried about taking this new pill. My chemist had never heard of it, and I don't know of anyone that's been on it. From looking at a few people's experiences online, they all seem negative. I'm also a bit concerned about the way you have to take the pill - instead of taking 21 tablets and having a 7 day break, you take 24 active tablets and 4 placebos. Now, I know that nobody here can tell me what to do or not to do about this particular pill - I'll need to go to the doctor. But has anyone taken this pill, and what have your experiences been? My main dilemma is that I have my Leaving Cert next month, and I really can't be messing around with things like this too much. It's also not an option to just not take it, because then my period would fall during the exams and I can't have that. Basically I'm just really worried about this, and want to know if anyone has had any experiences with it.

hi there just said id give u some feedback i was on cilest hated it yasmin loved it but had 2 stop taking it as i suffer from headaches and yasmin made them worse , cerezette didnt agree with me now im on zoely on it 2 weeks put up 5 pounds crying and moody very irritable my doctor wont change it says i need to give it 3 months im going mad o it how is it affecting u

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Hi girls,

I'm just wondering if anyone who had to come off the pill (particularly Yasminelle) due to headaches could tell me how long it took for the pill to get out of your system and the headaches to stop?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dixxiestickks

I need to go get the morning after pill in the morning after an incident with a ripped condom. Just wondering what pharmacy does anyone know sells it for the cheapest price?

I'm obviously willing to pay whatever price for it, but I figure since Its the exact same product i'll be getting I might as well try and get it for the lowest cost possible!
    If anyone has any idea of prices it'd be appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Most Boots chemists will do it and as far as I know they are the cheapest.

Boots charge about €50 for it, IIRC. Unicare do it for about €15.

Fifty blips is still a helluva lot cheaper than a trip to England/raising a child, though!

:eek:

That's some difference!

Yeh Unicare/Doc Morris it's about €15 but no idea if that's the cheapest.

:eek:

That's some difference!

Yeh Unicare/Doc Morris it's about €15 but no idea if that's the cheapest.
    €15 is cost price so it's the cheapest out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hey!

Just wondering if STI checks are expensive? Can anyone recommend somewhere to get it done in Dublin. I'm doing it just to be safe, even though i pretty sure i don't have any. This would be the first time going for one, has anyone ever gotten one before? What are they like?

Advertisement