Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks Das Kitty. However, just before I went to bed last night it started! I was quite surprised. I really was expecting to not get one for a while. I mean I'd been on the pill for 10 years, although I dont know if that makes a difference.

I wont get my hopes up yet, but its a good start at least.

Edit - btw were not trying to conceive. Just had to stop because of occular migraines.

I get those too.

I hope it's regular for you. It was so frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭fits

French health regulator investigating Dianette.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0127/breaking7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

This might be the wrong place for this, but does anyone know off the top of their head how long you have to fast for before blood tests? I forgot to ask the doctor and they're closed today.

Bloods are being done at midday tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've been told 12 hours when I get mine done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My clinic always did blood tests in the morning and I was told to fast from midnight the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I've been told 12 hours when I get mine done.

That's what I thought alright - thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I have a question for those on the Depo Provera injection. Do any of you get spotting at all? I have developed a bit over the past 3 days, should i be really worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Has anyone experienced breakthrough bleeding on Marviol? I've been on it about 6 months and it's happened twice. I was on Microlite before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have a question for those on the Depo Provera injection. Do any of you get spotting at all? I have developed a bit over the past 3 days, should i be really worried?

I get spotting sometimes. Generally it is the last 'period' (as in when my period would be due - I don't get them thanks to the depo) before my depo is due again. I'd get like light spotting and a 'gentle' (if there is such a thing, but considering the pain I used to be in I'll say gentle!) period type pain in my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Has anyone had or looked into getting your tubes tied?
    Trying to find out what the procedure is and how long it can take and how many hoops
    there are to jump through is impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

There's definitely been discussion on it here before, do a search for "tubal ligation" and you should find it. The nutshell version is, unless you're in your late thirties or older, with three or more children under your belt already, forget it.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    There's definitely been discussion on it here before, do a search for "tubal ligation" and you should find it. The nutshell version is, unless you're in your late thirties or older, with three or more children under your belt already, forget it.

It just seems impossible to find those restriction offically written down any where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Have you looked at the Marie Stopes clinic? It's expensive but they don't seem to have the same strict policies as if you were trying to convince your gp to refer you to have the procedure done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Marie Stopes would be the easiest place to get a tubal. Its expensive though, about £1400 for the procedure and then the cost of the flights over etc. I'm currently saving for it :) They only do it in their Essex clinic if I remember correctly.

This is from their site -
    At Marie Stopes International, age is not a barrier to having this procedure, although we do advise that anyone under the age of 25 has counselling before proceeding.

I cant wait till I can have mine done. Getting married in Septembe so as soon as thats done and dusted, its next on the agenda.

I've been trying to find documentation on getting it here, rather then being forced to travel.

Morag wrote: »
    I've been trying to find documentation on getting it here, rather then being forced to travel.

Why do you assume such documentation exists? I very much doubt there's a written guideline anywhere explicitly telling doctors not to perform TL on childless women, it's just the general consensus.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

hdowney wrote: »
    I get spotting sometimes. Generally it is the last 'period' (as in when my period would be due - I don't get them thanks to the depo) before my depo is due again. I'd get like light spotting and a 'gentle' (if there is such a thing, but considering the pain I used to be in I'll say gentle!) period type pain in my stomach.
    Same here
    Has anyone had or looked into getting your tubes tied?
    Trying to find out what the procedure is and how long it can take and how many hoops
    there are to jump through is impossible.

Very little documentation, best option is to see your doctor and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pippington

Hi ladies, long time lurker firs time poster here!

Im hoping someone can give me some advice.

Basically im mother to a beautiful 11 month old boy. I breastfed and got my period back the end of september, had two regular periods. Then my partner and I had relations, I was still on the mini-pill but had forgotten it one day, we used a condom, condom split, so I got the morning after. About 2 weeks later I got a random light bleed lasting a week. Week and a half later I got what I thought was my regular period and started taking the combined pill (yasmin). I then bled pretty much solid for about 8 weeks, I stopped taking the pill and the bleeding stopped. I went to my gp and he said to try a different pill...problem is is that im still waiting for my period to come in order to start it. Im now 10 days late. There is no possibility I could be pregnant ( I have checked). Could the morning after pill and combined pill have messed up my cycle this much? Im usually extremely regular. Im due to see my gp this week. I had a smear last week. Im getting nervous about things now, especially since I have an infertile sister.

Hope someone can help,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

The pill and map always feck up my cycle, defo ask your doctor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Does anyone have any experience of Ovrenette? Starting it next week after six months of hell on Zoely. And 18 months of hell before that on Yaz. So sick of this trial and error trying to find something that actually suits me! Fingers crossed this'll be the one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Does anyone have any experience of Ovrenette? Starting it next week after six months of hell on Zoely. And 18 months of hell before that on Yaz. So sick of this trial and error trying to find something that actually suits me! Fingers crossed this'll be the one...
    I'm on it and have had no problems at all. But I haven't had any problems with any pill I've been on so maybe I'm not someone to go by.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm on it too. I started on it, changed to Yasminelle and then Cezarette and then went back to it. It's defo been the best one for me with no problems except for a couple of oddly timed bleeds lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Anyone have an experience with the Nuvaring or Ortho Evra? Can't take the pill and don't think can afford the implant. I know both are more expensive than the pill but how much do they cost exactly?

I'm on it the last five months, first time on the pill in any form. I was always like clockwork anyway so no change there, cept now I can more or less time it to the hour now. PMS increased massively, am like a demon for a week as apposed to before it was usually only very tearful for a day before. Sex drive and ability to orgasm decreased but not so much that I want to change pill. Hope it works for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've never been on ovranette so I can't help with that but if it does end up suiting you or to the ladies on it all the time definitely get all 6 months in one go - its one of the cheapest pills so only costs about 10 euro for the 6 months whereas its 4ish each time if you get it by the month

I've never been on ovranette so I can't help with that but if it does end up suiting you or to the ladies on it all the time definitely get all 6 months in one go - its one of the cheapest pills so only costs about 10 euro for the 6 months whereas its 4ish each time if you get it by the month

Agreed here. The pharmacy was out last time I went so could only get one month and it was 5 euro, whereas have got 3 months before for 8.

Anyone have an experience with the Nuvaring or Ortho Evra? Can't take the pill and don't think can afford the implant. I know both are more expensive than the pill but how much do they cost exactly?

If you can't take the Pill for hormonal reasons then you probably won't be able to use these either; they're both hormonal products that work in more or less the same way as the Pill.

I think they're around the €15 per month price range, which is more or less the same as the Pill I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was on it for years, was grand! But everyone is different, just remember! It's really cheap too.

I use Nuvaring now, I really like it! It's about €25 a month but suits me well so have a chat to your doctor about it anyway.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    If you can't take the Pill for hormonal reasons then you probably won't be able to use these either; they're both hormonal products that work in more or less the same way as the Pill.

It depends the level of hormoan is lesser in the patch and nuvaring as the delivery system is different so there are some women who can't be on the oral contraceptive pill but can use the patch or nuvarng so it's worth checking with a dr who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Just sharing my experience - I got the coil fitted two months ago. Still haven't plucked up the courage to go 'find' it in myself yet if that makes sense, but I'm going for a check up shortly. Fitting was uncomfortable. Quite uncomfortable. I'm twenty and have never had a baby. But it's worth it. I will not be making babies for the next few years! Wahay!! Go copper coil

Advertisement