Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Holy jeebus I am struggling to believe the discomfort with a flipping cyst. Im tired all the time but to make matters worse, It's more sore when I lie down plus I get nauseous. Kickstarting a healthier diet today too to try help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I've finally persuaded myself to get a wax. i'm going on holidays Saturday so I wanted to do it Thursday. Just ermemberd my period is due so should I continue my pill and avoid the period and go ahead with the wax??

Do you want to avoid the period for your holiday, or is the waxing the issue?
    If it's waxing I'd go ahead with it tbh, as long as it's not going to be, er, messy.
    Depends how much of a waxing you intend on getting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm currently on day 56 of my cycle, having had two days of spotting a week and a bit ago. Doctor thinks it may be another cyst so getting a scan tomorrow. Starting to bug me though, the nausea, cramping and just general bleh ness...

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

So now I'm up to day 58 of my current cycle. 2 negative pregnancy tests. I've been feeling dizzy and nauseous for 3-4 weeks now. It could be related to migraines but I dont usually feel like this with a migraine and its awful coincidental with not having a period.

Has anyone come off the pill, had relatively normal cycles for 4-5 months and only after that, started to become irregular? I though usually once you come off its irregular to begin with, and then evens itself out after a few months. Mine seems to be the opposite.

Has anyone had more than 1 negative pregnancy test and still been pregnant?

Hey Loveisdivine. I had to do three pregnancy tests in January before it showed I was pregnant. This was after knowing within myself all was not normal. The first two were the Tesco brand and all were taken after my period had gone into the overdue time. when I got pregnant again in May I used the last remaining Tesco one and it said not pregnant again. A decent one claimed I was pregnant which I again knew myself anyway. Trust your body and also buy a decent test is my advice. Neither of my pregnancies held but next time I know that I will only trust Clear Blue or First Response. The queen of own brands here will never use Tesco own brand for a test again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Hello Ladies. :)

So I recently lost a good bit of weight (20 pounds) and I went down 2 dress sizes. I noticed I wasn't able to fill my bras anymore (was in between a D and a DD), so I decided to get measured.

I went to Debenhams and I had a young girl measure me. She said I was in between a 38 and a 40 C, but she came back with a 38B as she couldn't find a C.

She said the B cup fit perfectly, so I decided to buy the bra. The bra has been annoying me all day, the back strap keeps riding half way up my fecking back!! I only noticed this today, it was fine when I tried it on.

I also can't understand how I nearly went up a back size, as a 38 back is quite loose on me and I did lose quite a bit of weight!! Can someone please tell me why the back of it is riding up?
    I had to go back to wearing my old bras and plan to get re-measured in Arnotts next week. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

maguic24 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies. :)

So I recently lost a good bit of weight (20 pounds) and I went down 2 dress sizes. I noticed I wasn't able to fill my bras anymore (was in between a D and a DD), so I decided to get measured.

I went to Debenhams and I had a young girl measure me. She said I was in between a 38 and a 40 C, but she came back with a 38B as she couldn't find a C.

She said the B cup fit perfectly, so I decided to buy the bra. The bra has been annoying me all day, the back strap keeps riding half way up my fecking back!! I only noticed this today, it was fine when I tried it on.

I also can't understand how I nearly went up a back size, as a 38 back is quite loose on me and I did lose quite a bit of weight!! Can someone please tell me why the back of it is riding up?
    I had to go back to wearing my old bras and plan to get re-measured in Arnotts next week. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!:)

I'm going to seem like I'm spamming this link, but I started a thread recently about PROPER bra fitting: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056976210

Basically, most department stores still use the seriously outdated method of adding 4 inches to a band size, so if your actual underbust measurement is 32, they tell you you wear a 36. This leaves most women in bras that are a desperately bad fit.

A 38B is not a substitute for a 38C. That girl should be completely retrained if she thinks you can drop a cup size and have it fit correctly.

Please read the links in my post (and I'll copy them below for ease). You won't know yourself! I thought I was a 34DD, but after following those guidelines, I found out I was a 32G. You still need to try on a range of sizes in each bra to be sure, but a riding up back means the band is much too big for you (your breast tissue is dragging the bra down at the front because it's not being supported).

Self Measuring Guide: http://i.imgur.com/FxlxShI.png

How to put a bra on properly: http://brasandbodyimage.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/putting-your-bra-on-properly/

I urge everyone who sees this post to check out those links too!

Also, www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits is a great resource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

If you're ever in the UK, try and get to a Bravissimo shop - by far and away the best bra fitting service I've ever experienced: http://www.bravissimo.com/

Thought I was a 34D and turns out I'm a 30FF!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I was wearing a 34C, got measured and I'm a 32DD. I go to Arnotts for measuring.

I fecked up taking my pill this month and I'm feeling the effects today. Didn't think it'd make much of a difference but I was feeling crap all day. Must be more careful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Hey Loveisdivine. I had to do three pregnancy tests in January before it showed I was pregnant. This was after knowing within myself all was not normal. The first two were the Tesco brand and all were taken after my period had gone into the overdue time. when I got pregnant again in May I used the last remaining Tesco one and it said not pregnant again. A decent one claimed I was pregnant which I again knew myself anyway. Trust your body and also buy a decent test is my advice. Neither of my pregnancies held but next time I know that I will only trust Clear Blue or First Response. The queen of own brands here will never use Tesco own brand for a test again

Thanks for this. I used 2 Sainsburys own brand ones. I think I'm going to get a "better" one and do it first thinig tomorrow morning. I also did the tests in the evening and I;ve since read your pee can be diluted by that stage so may not give an accurate result.

I just dont feel myself ya know? Tired, lightheaded and nauseous. Its not all day but I feel it all at least once a day.
    I thought it could have been the medication I'm on, as it can cause dizzyness as it lowers blood pressure. But the doc has agreed its probably not that as I've been on it for nearly 5 months now and I would have felt any side effects before now.

Fingers crossed! (edited to add, I really don't want to be pregnant so its not like I'm imagining these feelings to try and convince myself I am either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I also highly recommend tryin out Bravissimo; I am due to head in again but last year got fitted for 28ff when I had eben wearing anything from 30 e to 32f. Definetly worth a shot and the money if you are ever in the UK. They fit by eye and not using measuring tapes.

• Advertisement

Did another test this morning. Used a First Response brand and made sure to do it as soon as I woke up. Negative again, thankfully! So I think I can safely say I'm definitely not pregnant.

This makes me think it must be the beta blocker I'm on making me feel dizzy/nausea/fatigue and my long cycle is just a coincidence. I think when I speak to the neuro next week I will ask if I can reduce my dosage a little and that might help.

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

This happens me as well....My bra size is completely wrong...:-/...driving me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Hmm, this is about lady gardening as the title says :P I'd like to 'tidy' my area but I'm eight months pregnant and can't see a thing beyond the bump! When I use veet on my legs, I tend to get a rash after it, so a bit wary about using it down there.. I've never had a wax before either so even though it's an option, I'm a bit hesitant! Any else I could do? Think I read somewhere not to shave as it compromises something if you have to get a section!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

loubian wrote: »
    Hmm, this is about lady gardening as the title says :P I'd like to 'tidy' my area but I'm eight months pregnant and can't see a thing beyond the bump! When I use veet on my legs, I tend to get a rash after it, so a bit wary about using it down there.. I've never had a wax before either so even though it's an option, I'm a bit hesitant! Any else I could do? Think I read somewhere not to shave as it compromises something if you have to get a section!!

I don't think shaving would be a problem! Waxing in late pregnancy is fairly common although the salon may want to do a patch test on you as you've never been waxed before :)

I'd imagine the cups might be too small, probably with a band size that's too large. Try measuring yourself by this: http://i.imgur.com/FxlxShI.png.

/edit: Or it could just be the style. Do the wires come up further than usual? Are they pressing into your sternum (between your boobs), or into the breast tissue itself?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

loubian wrote: »
    I got a full wax at 39 weeks. I decided not to shave as I didn't want stubble when I was extra delicate there. So glad after, even tho I had a section in the end as, you still have the post partum bleed for a couple of weeks and can only use pads so it felt cleaner, y'know? But go to a salon that knows their stuff about waxing.

Nope defo the sternum. I'll be getting fitted soon but I'm pissed because I spent a bit of money on something I cant wear. Just goes to show I would of never imagined the cup size was too small but who knows, I'll report back after my Bravissimo fitting next month

I might well be wrong! If the wires were sticking into your breast tissue, it'd be a sign the cups are too small. Try gently bending the wires away from your body when the bra isn't on, where they press in.

• Advertisement

On the bra sizing thin, Change stores are very good. I think they only have them on the north side of Dublin though. The lady used a tape (don't see anything wrong with that) to measure me. I had been wearing a 36C for years because I'd never been measured and just went with what felt comfortable. It never gave much support but I figured that was normal because I had a larger chest. Really it was because I'm actually a 32G!
    My bra's are much more comfortable now, reduced "giggling" and my chronic back/shoulder ache has all but vanished :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Neyite wrote: »
    I got a full wax at 39 weeks. I decided not to shave as I didn't want stubble when I was extra delicate there. So glad after, even tho I had a section in the end as, you still have the post partum bleed for a couple of weeks and can only use pads so it felt cleaner, y'know? But go to a salon that knows their stuff about waxing.

If you're in the Dublin area head to Waxperts in Dun Laoghaire, the best by a mile, not cheap but worth it. If you're not, see if there's a salon stocking Waxperts wax as they'll have been trained by Waxperts and importantly won't double dip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Just a quick question - am I right in thinking that antibiotics will affect the effectiveness of the pill? I finished a 7 day course of them yesterday; do I still need to use condoms? If so, for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Just a quick question - am I right in thinking that antibiotics will affect the effectiveness of the pill? I finished a 7 day course of them yesterday; do I still need to use condoms? If so, for how long?

I think most pill inserts say to use condoms for a week but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I think most pill inserts say to use condoms for a week but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Little miss eejit over here threw out the insert. Ah well, I'll have a google, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Little miss eejit over here threw out the insert. Ah well, I'll have a google, thanks!

Most are a week. I've been on Microlite and Marviol and afaik they say a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

You need to use extra protection while
    you're on the antibiotic and for seven full days afterwards.
    If you come to the end of your cycle in that time then it gets a bit more complicated I'm afraid.
    Have a read of your booklet that comes with the pill if you've any doubts, they usually tell you exactly what you should do :)

Edit: sorry just saw you don't have your insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I was told by my doctor before that it depends on the antibiotic you take, some don't affect your pill at all.

I'd say give the pharmacist a call and tell them the name of your pill and the name of your antibiotic.

Thank you ladies :)

Yeah both the antibiotic and the cycle finished yesterday but I'm changing pill so I went straight onto the new one today. I'll use extra protection for a week anyway, to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Quiet Girl

Hi Ladies,

This is a bit personal so here goes, have the implanon in two years an in that time I have experienced a serious reduction in my sex drive, its like I just dont wanna do it anymore, well not that i dont want to but its impossible for me to get in the mood no matter what iv tried!! It is so frustrating for both me and my partner as you can imagine.

Anyway I think maybe this is a side effect of the implanon, so has anybody else experienced this kind of thing??

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement