Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

and that is my smear test booked, if you have been putting it off ladies reconsider please http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/ 1800 45 45 55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Morag wrote: »
    and that is my smear test booked, if you have been putting it off ladies reconsider please http://www.cervicalcheck.ie/ 1800 45 45 55

Is the age still 25

For the free test yes, but honestly if you are sexually active esp using hormonal contraception then you should consider having one done.

For the free test yes, but honestly if you are sexually active esp using hormonal contraception then you should consider having one done.

A few years ago the doctor told me they cost 70euro :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

PucaMama wrote: »
    A few years ago the doctor told me they cost 70euro :(

For over or under 25? A few years ago you did have to pay didn't you? That initiative is relatively new.

• Advertisement

For over or under 25? A few years ago you did have to pay didn't you? That initiative is relatively new.

Under :( cant really afford it. Im 24 so it will have to wait

Yeah I paid about €55 for it when I was 24.

Yeah I paid about €55 for it when I was 24.

Thats not so bad

PucaMama wrote: »
    Thats not so bad

Small town, family planning clinic, about 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Hopefully I have the right place here.

Been referred to hospital to see a gynae for suspected endometriosis. I got my first smear done around the same time as this referral was sent off and it came back with level 1 abnormalities. I have to get my second one done in two more weeks, and then two weeks after that is my appointment with the hospital. I've never been to a gynae before - most invasive checkup I ever had was the smear itself! I have a tilted uterus and am a bit nervous as I have no idea what they are going to do at this appointment - anything rough and I could be cripped for a day! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FrenchieGirl

Hi.

I was wondering if a 16 year old is able to buy the Morning After Pill in Irish chemists without parental consent?

Boots in the UK will give it to anyone age 16 and over, think they are the same here.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Hopefully I have the right place here.

Been referred to hospital to see a gynae for suspected endometriosis. I got my first smear done around the same time as this referral was sent off and it came back with level 1 abnormalities. I have to get my second one done in two more weeks, and then two weeks after that is my appointment with the hospital. I've never been to a gynae before - most invasive checkup I ever had was the smear itself! I have a tilted uterus and am a bit nervous as I have no idea what they are going to do at this appointment - anything rough and I could be cripped for a day! :o

Why not ring and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FrenchieGirl

Boots in the UK will give it to anyone age 16 and over, think they are the same here.

Thanks for the answer. Also, do you have to sign any forms or anything official like that?

Just trying to eliminate some potential myths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

17 and over due to age of consent. In terms of signing stuff it varies but a lot of places will ask you to sign a declaration stating you've given honest info to the best of your knowledge, eg re correct age

Why not ring and ask?

I'd probably still be ringing when I'm due for my appointment, most of the hospital is now closed :rolleyes:
    Just wondering if anyone knows the steps, since this is all starting in my final year of college and I'm going to have to take time off depending on when the appointment is and what they do :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone here ever react badly to the MAP?

Had to get it on Saturday :o and I've had the worst week ever.. been feeling so unbelievably down.. it's one I haven't taken before.. not Levonelle, which I've had in the past.. it's called Norlevo..

I felt like the world was going to end yesterday.. not too bad today thankfully..

Never again!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

pampootie wrote: »
    17 and over due to age of consent. In terms of signing stuff it varies but a lot of places will ask you to sign a declaration stating you've given honest info to the best of your knowledge, eg re correct age

I was given MAP from a women's health clinic at 15, seventeen years ago. They didn't ask for consent from nor did they inform my parents. I don't know if they were bending the rules or if they have changed since then.

Rosy Posy wrote: »
    I was given MAP from a women's health clinic at 15, seventeen years ago. They didn't ask for consent from nor did they inform my parents. I don't know if they were bending the rules or if they have changed since then.

I think the general rule, especially back then, was that if you were responsible enough to come looking for it on time, and you were sheepish and appreciative of getting it, you had learned a valuable lesson and there was no need to make it worse on you :P

Rosy Posy wrote: »

I'm talking about otc from pharmacies though. Women's health clinics would be working under slightly different guidance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

pampootie wrote: »

I've gone with my friend a few times for her to get it and she was never asked to sign anything. She was brought into the consultation room, asked a few questions and then they handed it over.

He didn't seem too bothered at all. A 14 year old could have walked in and said that she was 19 and he probably wouldn't have blinked an eye. My friend is 21 but looks about 14..she still gets on the bus for a child's fare. He did ask for her DOB when filling in the form, but i'm not even sure he looked at her for long enough to try work out what age she was.

Yeah, it varies from place to place like I said

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi ladies,

not looking for medical advice, just curious if this is normal and happens to everyone else

after you come during sex, it is normal for your inside of your vagina to become very sensitive. I come quite quickly during sex and can't continue with my partner. I'm 24 by the way

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

unknown34 wrote: »
    hi ladies,

not looking for medical advice, just curious if this is normal and happens to everyone else

after you come during sex, it is normal for your inside of your vagina to become very sensitive. I come quite quickly during sex and can't continue with my partner. I'm 24 by the way

Thanks

Mod

Hi unknown34, best thing I can suggest is to contact your GP. He/she will be best placed to advise you as we cannot give medical advice on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redappple

Ladies - I'm due to get my Implanon implant removed and have been SHOCKED at the prices in Dublin 14 clinics for removal! In most places I've looked (mainly D14 area) the price for removal is is €90 - €150??? I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in the Dublin South area based on their own experience? Is €90-€150 the going rate?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

redappple wrote: »
    Ladies - I'm due to get my Implanon implant removed and have been SHOCKED at the prices in Dublin 14 clinics for removal! In most places I've looked (mainly D14 area) the price for removal is is €90 - €150??? I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere in the Dublin South area based on their own experience? Is €90-€150 the going rate?

Are you sure thats just for removal and not to insert a new one also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Looked up bra measuring and did it myself recently. Glad I understand it now, embarrassed to say I never did before. However now my problem is getting a bra. I'm actually a size 30C and most places don't seem to go to 30 only 32. I'm not that small. Had a look in Penny's today and they don't seem to have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Bramora, debenhams and online - Bravissimo are the only places you'll ever find 30 bras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Hate buying online, you can never be sure of sizes. Might not have a choice though. Tried Debenhams, only some of their stuff is in 30. Seriously I'm not even skinny like. I'll look up the others though Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Would you not get measured in store? I'd never rely on my own measurement to be honest and in store they can recommend what is suitable if you are a 30.

Advertisement