Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I had been wearing a 36D for years, through my late teens and early twenties.
    I finally went to a proper shop to be fitted and they told me I'm a 32G. Must admit my bra's fit way better now, no more jiggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

actually I love triumph! bit old fashioned but great fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Measured myself over the weekend and apparently I'm a 33F, so I'll be trying on a couple of 34 Es and Fs to find the best fit.

I've been wearing 36C for I dunno how long. It's been plain for quite a while that it's all wrong, glad I have a better idea now!

What are yer favourite brands?

Freya - I haven't bought anything but the deco bra for 3 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

YumCha wrote: »
    Freya - I haven't bought anything but the deco bra for 3 years :)

Best t-shirt bra out there imo. Worth keeping an eye on the Debenhams sales, got a blue one for 70% off last winter.

I love Panache too, the Andorra is made with stretch lace at the top so it is very forgiving on a lot of body shapes. Cleo and Curvy Kate do some really cute stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Brilliant, thanks a million for recommending the brands. Big help to a total bra numpty like myself!

• Advertisement

Also sites like Bravissimo and Figleaves have lots of user reviews - I've found those really helpful as I buy everything online and get tired of sending stuff back!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I was on the patch for the last few months and it was working out really well, until 2 patchs in a row fell off and a condom broke. I ended up having to take the MAP. :(
    The college doctor recommended the depo shot for me. She said I might get a small bit of irregular bleeding and gain a bit of weight. I thought that would be fine so I got the shot on the first day of my period, early last week.
    It's not even been a week yet and I feel terrible!
    I normally only suffer from a small bit of period pain on the first 1-2 days of my period and my bleeding is generally light.
    So far I've had terrible cramps, really heavy bleeding (I have to wear a tampon and a pad) and my mood has hit the floor ( I already suffer from depression but it was under control until now.
    The bleeding is showing no sign of stopping and is still heavy.
    I've since looked it up and all I can see is horror stories of a heavy, prolonged period for the entire 3 months until it wears off! :eek:

Has anyone had any positive experiences with depo provera?
    Is there anything I can get to stop the bleeding if it continues?
    My boyfriend is really not into sex while I'm on my period so I can see my sex life disappearing until after Christmas! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

There is no way to stop it, once you have the injection you just have to wait for it to run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i was on Depo myself I was like a demon for the first week very moody, but after the first week I was fine.
    Your periods might stop altogether mine did

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ms. Pingui wrote: »

Has anyone had any positive experiences with depo provera?
    Is there anything I can get to stop the bleeding if it continues?
    My boyfriend is really not into sex while I'm on my period so I can see my sex life disappearing until after Christmas! :(

I've been on it over ten years at this stage, probably close to 15, no problems at all, apart from regular bone scans every three years to check bone density.

Nothing you can do to reverse it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Finally a bit of good news. After 6 months without it, my AF finally showed up at the start of the week. In this time my hair has, quite noticeably, stopped coming out in handfuls when I brush or wash it. It might just be a coincidence but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

loveisdivine, I hope so too! Hormones play a huge part in hair growth. Unfortunately not in mine, as an alopecia person (don't like sufferer!) but the first thing they checked when I started to lose hair was all my hormone levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Hi everyone I just wanted to ask a quick question

I was put on cerazette recently due to other mendical issue atm that prevent me from taking the combined pill. I started my first pill of cerazette on first day of my period. I was just wondering it says in the leaflet that you are protected straight away if you do this. I had sex with my boyfriend after 6 days of taking the pills. I was just wondering am I protected? My ovulation day is not due for over a week if that helps.

thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Princessxx wrote: »
    Hi everyone I just wanted to ask a quick question

I was put on cerazette recently due to other mendical issue atm that prevent me from taking the combined pill. I started my first pill of cerazette on first day of my period. I was just wondering it says in the leaflet that you are protected straight away if you do this. I had sex with my boyfriend after 6 days of taking the pills. I was just wondering am I protected? My ovulation day is not due for over a week if that helps.

thanks for the help :)

You can generally take what's in the leaflet as pretty solid info Princessxx, however to put your mind at rest, a quick phonecall to your doctor or pharmacist in the morning should clear it up for you if you're unsure. :)

For whoever was looking for bras - I just discovered the Bratabase today!

It's a freaking GODSEND - provides measurements of bras and then similar styles in different brands: http://www.bratabase.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Does anyone know if I should consult my doctor before coming off the pill? I've been on the pill for 5 years and have decided to come off it. I assume it's grand to just stop taking it at the end of my current pack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Does anyone know if I should consult my doctor before coming off the pill? I've been on the pill for 5 years and have decided to come off it. I assume it's grand to just stop taking it at the end of my current pack?

Anytime I've come off the pill, I've just gotten on with it myself and thankfully I've had no issues, bar the inevitable wait for the next period. That being said, some women probably do have issues or questions that they need clarifying when they come off it.

I've never had a doctor tell me I ought to have consulted with them first though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I've just come off it without consulting a doctor both times, well, the second time I told him just because I was having issues with the one I was on and he was suggesting another and I just said "lookit I'm just going to come off it altogether", and that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

I asked my doctor before coming off mine a couple of months ago and she said it was fine to go right ahead, and if I had any problems come back to her. Periods are now back and apart from a few spots on my chest at the start, everything's great. I was surprised at how different a normal cycle feels though, breast tenderness, ovulation pains etc that I'd forgotten about on the pill (we're trying for a baby so I kept mistaking these things for pregnancy symptoms!)

I have been on the pill for a year and three months, just didn't start to take it again this month - no need. A week after my period, I am bleeding again. I am guessing this is ok and nothing to worry about? Just baffled as to how, a week before I am even due to ovulate, my womb has enough to bleed!

• Advertisement

I have been on the pill for a year and three months, just didn't start to take it again this month - no need. A week after my period, I am bleeding again. I am guessing this is ok and nothing to worry about? Just baffled as to how, a week before I am even due to ovulate, my womb has enough to bleed!

Mod
    Budgese -I'm afraid we can't give medical advice here. I'd sugget contacting your GP and checking it out with him/her to put your mind at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of taking Zoely? I'm coming off Cerazette to see if it might be causing my IBS, and looking into low-dosage pill options. Zoely's only available here since April 2012, so I haven't heard of anyone I know taking it. Really what I'm interested in is whether it's easy to get from the chemist or if you have to order it - I've heard that some of the other newer pills, such as Qlaira, need to be ordered in advance, and thought it might be the case with this too. Want to have this thought out as much as possible before I go back to my Dr with my decision as she's old-fashioned and hasn't much of a clue (time I got a new doc, I know!). Thanks!

All chemists should stock Zoely by now, it's been out a while at this stage.
    Shouldn't have much hassle finding it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Hi, I'm just wondering if a little bit of cramping and spotting during a bout of thrush is something to be worried about? The spotting is minimal but my period isn't due until next week, and I never get irregular bleeding usually. I do tend to get cramps with PMS though. Should I go to the doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'd head to the pharmacy first Ilyana, see what advice they give you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

hi ya

anyone used this. low on cash and need to renew my pill. cant really afford the doc but dont want to run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Piglet85 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of taking Zoely? I'm coming off Cerazette to see if it might be causing my IBS, and looking into low-dosage pill options. Zoely's only available here since April 2012, so I haven't heard of anyone I know taking it. Really what I'm interested in is whether it's easy to get from the chemist or if you have to order it - I've heard that some of the other newer pills, such as Qlaira, need to be ordered in advance, and thought it might be the case with this too. Want to have this thought out as much as possible before I go back to my Dr with my decision as she's old-fashioned and hasn't much of a clue (time I got a new doc, I know!). Thanks!

I was on it for about six months and never had trouble getting it in any chemist.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

I was on it for about six months and never had trouble getting it in any chemist.

Ooh that's great, thanks! Out of curiosity, how did you get on with it if you don't mind me asking (I'm guessing not great if it was only six months). I know it may be totally different for me, but I still like to hear people's experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Piglet85 wrote: »
    Ooh that's great, thanks! Out of curiosity, how did you get on with it if you don't mind me asking (I'm guessing not great if it was only six months). I know it may be totally different for me, but I still like to hear people's experiences.

Didn't suit me unfortunately, had awful headaches on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

hi ya

anyone used this. low on cash and need to renew my pill. cant really afford the doc but dont want to run out.

It's illegal to have prescription meds delivered from abroad into Ireland.

Advertisement