Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Thanks ladies, I'll ask about Microlite and Yasminelle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Just to throw a spanner in the works there Ilyana, Microlite had a significant (negative) effect on my skin, hair and mood. Only stayed on it for 3 months. So, if you do go on it I'd just keep an eye on the side effects! Hopefully it'll suit you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Just to throw a spanner in the works there Ilyana, Microlite had a significant (negative) effect on my skin, hair and mood. Only stayed on it for 3 months. So, if you do go on it I'd just keep an eye on the side effects! Hopefully it'll suit you though.

Thanks for the advice :) I guess there's no way to know without trying it, but I will keep an eye on things too. Don't want another Cerazette-type disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

so on the 15th of june after 75 days, after taking primolut, ponstan and finally tranexamic acid, my period finally stopped. and today it returned :mad::mad::mad:

on the 17th i had a ultrasound but all it showed was the pcos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

PucaMama wrote: »
    so on the 15th of june after 75 days, after taking primolut, ponstan and finally tranexamic acid, my period finally stopped. and today it returned :mad::mad::mad:

Thats sounds awfully like what I had I had laborosopy done fibroids were diagnosised. I have had four surgeries over the years.

• Advertisement

JillyQ wrote: »
    Thats sounds awfully like what I had I had laborosopy done fibroids were diagnosised. I have had four surgeries over the years.
    I made sure to ask the person doing the ultrasound to check for fibroids there was none to be seen. im so fed up with it :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was an MRI showed up my fibroids. Would your gynae send you for one?
    The MRI shows them so much more and was what they based their decision on to send me for Uterine Arterial Embolisation which almost one year on has been a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

spurious wrote: »
    It was an MRI showed up my fibroids. Would your gynae send you for one?
    The MRI shows them so much more and was what they based their decision on to send me for Uterine Arterial Embolisation which almost one year on has been a great success.

Or an internal ultrasound? Could work either.

the internal ultrasound was the one i had :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

the internal ultrasound was the one i had :(

What are they suggesting the cause is?

• Advertisement

What are they suggesting the cause is?
    all they can see is the polycystic ovaries so they say its hormonal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm 37 and may have fertility issues. After a number of years TTC I had blood tests and they showed no abnormalities, my OH refused to have tests (it could never be his fault) so that kind of parked the issue and we ultimately split up (not just because of this). My GP asked me if I wanted to pursue investigations on my own for peace of mind. Initially I didn't but after a while I decided that knowing is important and even at my age it wouldn't be impossible if I really wanted a child. So I did more blood tests, again they came back fine, no traces of PCOS or any hormonal abnormality. She gave me a letter for the hospital for an ultrasound and I dropped it into the department as she said that they had a habit of losing letters. That was last summer. They told me the wait was 3-6 months.

In January I got a letter to see if I still wanted to be on the waiting list and I had to reply within a certain time. I did. Yet now almost 12 months after I handed in the letter I'm still waiting. I rang them and was told "we're really busy, we'll get to you soon". That's not very reassuring when I'm already a year older and time is running out. I'm so frustrated. I can't afford to go private, if I could I'd have done it last summer :(

athtrasna wrote: »
    I'm 37 and may have fertility issues. After a number of years TTC I had blood tests and they showed no abnormalities, my OH refused to have tests (it could never be his fault) so that kind of parked the issue and we ultimately split up (not just because of this). My GP asked me if I wanted to pursue investigations on my own for peace of mind. Initially I didn't but after a while I decided that knowing is important and even at my age it wouldn't be impossible if I really wanted a child. So I did more blood tests, again they came back fine, no traces of PCOS or any hormonal abnormality. She gave me a letter for the hospital for an ultrasound and I dropped it into the department as she said that they had a habit of losing letters. That was last summer. They told me the wait was 3-6 months.

In January I got a letter to see if I still wanted to be on the waiting list and I had to reply within a certain time. I did. Yet now almost 12 months after I handed in the letter I'm still waiting. I rang them and was told "we're really busy, we'll get to you soon". That's not very reassuring when I'm already a year older and time is running out. I'm so frustrated. I can't afford to go private, if I could I'd have done it last summer :(
    i had to realy push for one. eventually i showed up to the emergency room in the coombe, and they sent for an urgent appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

Hi PucaMama,
    Just read your post. I have been reading alot about the Paleo way of eating lately and there are some great findings on relief for PCOS through it - in case it might be of interest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Getting quite annoyed with how long my periods are lasting with cerazette. I seem to get two within a short space of time, lasting at least 10 days each time. Not a heavy flow but still very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Has anyone had any rapid weight gain on HRT pills? I'm 41 and was prescribed Kliogest about 5 weeks ago and I've noticed that I gained 5kg in 2 weeks which is shocking and depressing at the same time and hardly doing anything for my self esteem, just curious if anyone else has had this experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Does anyone have any experience of breakthrough bleeding when running two packs of Ovranette together to skip a period? I'm going on holidays for three weeks and my period is due in the first week so ideally I'd like to skip it. But I'm worried there might be breakthrough bleeding as I near the end of the second pack, when I will still be on holidays. Just wondering if I'm better to have my period as normal and suffer the few days of inconvenience and at least be clear for the rest of the holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Does anyone have any experience of breakthrough bleeding when running two packs of Ovranette together to skip a period? I'm going on holidays for three weeks and my period is due in the first week so ideally I'd like to skip it. But I'm worried there might be breakthrough bleeding as I near the end of the second pack, when I will still be on holidays. Just wondering if I'm better to have my period as normal and suffer the few days of inconvenience and at least be clear for the rest of the holiday.
    I used to do this all the time with Ovranette. In fact, when I was travelling for 6 months I only had one period in the middle and didn't have any problems with breakthrough bleeding.

Enjoy the holiday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I used to take Ovranette and if I ran two packs together I did get some light spotting towards the end of the second pack. Might be different for everyone so!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

I was in the same situation. I had slight spotting on the Wednesday of my holiday but that was it. No proper bleed until I took my week off once home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi all
    Really hoping someone can give me some advice.
    I am having the contraceptive coil fitted this week coming. I am not nervous about my decision, and completely know that it's the right choice for me. The only thing I'm worried about is the pain.
    I have never had a baby before, and read a few horror stories online. Please can anyone tell me, firstly, is it really that painful, and secondly, is there any way to lessen the pain? I am also a bit nervous that it won't stay in as I haven't had a baby but I know I am just worrying over nothing...
    Any help/advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi all
    Really hoping someone can give me some advice.
    I am having the contraceptive coil fitted this week coming. I am not nervous about my decision, and completely know that it's the right choice for me. The only thing I'm worried about is the pain.
    I have never had a baby before, and read a few horror stories online. Please can anyone tell me, firstly, is it really that painful, and secondly, is there any way to lessen the pain? I am also a bit nervous that it won't stay in as I haven't had a baby but I know I am just worrying over nothing...
    Any help/advice appreciated.

I wouldn't be too worried about the pain, but the worry that it mightn't stay in is a genuine concern ... they often don't stay in if you haven't had a baby, this is why I ruled it out as a method of contraception in the past - it's an awful lot of money to pay for something that mightn't work! I assume the doctor has discussed this with you though and you're willing to take that risk.

afterglow - is it the coil or a Mirena you are getting? I know the terms are often used interchangeably, but they are different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Hey I have been on cerazette for over 2 months now, after changing from microlite (gave me terrible migraines and mood swings) and I havn't bled since. I went off cerazette before because I got pregnant when I swapped to it and miscarried and my doctor put me back on microlite. So I'm worried its happening again, I haven't bled and I feel better then I have in years (have pcos) so I'm not sure whether I should take a test or not as I have had strangely light or absent periods since Easter and I don't know if I'm just freaking out about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

afterglow - is it the coil or a Mirena you are getting? I know the terms are often used interchangeably, but they are different things.

Hi. Its the copper coil. Didn't want anymore hormones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

nicki11 wrote: »
    Hey I have been on cerazette for over 2 months now, after changing from microlite (gave me terrible migraines and mood swings) and I havn't bled since. I went off cerazette before because I got pregnant when I swapped to it and miscarried and my doctor put me back on microlite. So I'm worried its happening again, I haven't bled and I feel better then I have in years (have pcos) so I'm not sure whether I should take a test or not as I have had strangely light or absent periods since Easter and I don't know if I'm just freaking out about nothing.

I would do the test.

I am on it 4 months now and the bleeding is awful. 4 two week periods since I started and they are not light either! Anyone else have an idea on the time frame I can expect this to be over in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Just found out I can no longer take the combined pill (Ovranette) because I get migraines and I've been moved to Cerazette. I start tomorrow. Well nervous about it, I never had a single problem on Ovranette so I'm hoping that means it'll be an easy enough switch but it sounds like it has potential to be a fierce pain in the arse.

If it does cause me trouble I might have to consider the bar, would anyone recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

SueBoom wrote: »
    Just found out I can no longer take the combined pill (Ovranette) because I get migraines and I've been moved to Cerazette. I start tomorrow. Well nervous about it, I never had a single problem on Ovranette so I'm hoping that means it'll be an easy enough switch but it sounds like it has potential to be a fierce pain in the arse.

If it does cause me trouble I might have to consider the bar, would anyone recommend it?
    I've had the bar for nearly a year now, and it's done strange things to my cycle - I still get periods, but not once a month. They're less frequent than that. They're also lighter than they used to be when I was on the patch, or hormone-free. I haven't figured out how often they happen yet, though. Mostly because I'm too lazy to count. But it's different for every woman. Some women it stops them entirely, some it just doesn't do a thing.
    It doesn't bother me when it comes along, so I'm happy out with the bar (mostly because I'm stupidly forgetful and would never remember a pill every day) and would recommend it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolyta

shalalala wrote: »
    I would do the test.

I am on it 4 months now and the bleeding is awful. 4 two week periods since I started and they are not light either! Anyone else have an idea on the time frame I can expect this to be over in?

I've been following this thread a bit lately. It's been comforting to know that Cerazette seems to drive everyone up the wall!

I've been on it about 8 weeks now. Had 10 days of spotting about two/three weeks in. Then had a 12 day break and now I've had spotting/light period constant for the last 15 days with no sign of it stopping :( if anything it's actually starting to get heavier!
    I've also been experiencing the worst stress/anxiety for the last week - it's finally started to ease off the last 2 days but it felt like someone was squeezing my windpipe. I haven't had something like that in years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Lolyta wrote: »
    I've been following this thread a bit lately. It's been comforting to know that Cerazette seems to drive everyone up the wall!

I've been on it about 8 weeks now. Had 10 days of spotting about two/three weeks in. Then had a 12 day break and now I've had spotting/light period constant for the last 15 days with no sign of it stopping :( if anything it's actually starting to get heavier!
    I've also been experiencing the worst stress/anxiety for the last week - it's finally started to ease off the last 2 days but it felt like someone was squeezing my windpipe. I haven't had something like that in years!

It is annoying but I get an awful leg pain usually on my period which has now stopped thankfully. That is the reason I stayed on it. My doctor said three weeks heavy bleeding is not right but understands the reasons for me staying on it so ai will see how it plays out. She actually made me do a pregnancy test. Thank god I am not!

Advertisement