Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's Health Issues: LadyGardening for Dummies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Windorah

U poor thing! I was on Dianette for years and had no problems, I switched pills and then in January went in a generic form of Dianette. I honestly thought I was loosing my mind! I could be high as a kite one minute and crying uncontrollably the next! I didn't realise it was my pill as I had never had problems with it before. I actually went to the doctor thinking I needed anti depressants. She suggested i try switching pills and I actually began to feel normal again within a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

I was the same I honestly felt like a crazy woman it took me a long time to realise what it was I came off it for a while and within weeks felt better , went back on it after about 6 months when having problems with O/H and felt the same way again I put it in the bin and will never take the pill again I know it does not effect everyone that way but it's not for me just does not suit me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭camoramo

Dianette is notorious for causing mood swings/ craziness. It's usually prescribed to treat acne. I would definitely change if you're not using it for that. Not all pills cause side effects like that and there are loads to choose from, so you'll surely find one that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I put myself back on the pill recently but I've noticed my hormones have gone crazy, im insecure, self conscious and overly emotional and thats not me at all. I have been making rash decisions and come very close to ending a good relationship I have at the moment over stupid little things just because I've had a mood swing.
    The only thing that has changed is me on the pill (I went on it as I was going away) so i have ended the pill and wondering how long till it is out of my system.

I'm on Dianette and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

MOD

Hi,

I've merged your thread with the existing LadyGardening thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 strandedhere

camoramo wrote: »
    Dianette is notorious for causing mood swings/ craziness. It's usually prescribed to treat acne. I would definitely change if you're not using it for that. Not all pills cause side effects like that and there are loads to choose from, so you'll surely find one that suits.

I had read this before, but I was on it for over 4 years and never had a problem with it before. I have PCOS and dianette was perfect for my hormone levels but now I just dont think its going to work.
    I did spend 6 months trying a whole cocktail of different pills.

I'm thinking of going down the herbal remedy path this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭mojesius

I came off the pill a year ago as I had been on it for wayyy too long and am getting really bad angry spots and oily skin on my forehead, chin and around my jawline :(

I'm 31. I honestly thought my spotty days were behind me as my late 20s were mostly spot free. Has anyone else experienced this coming off the pill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

so the other day i randomly "fell" when out. think i fainted.:o anyway i landed on my left side (judging by the pain).

ive hurt my hip, shoulder and my ribs all down my left side. but since that day my left breast has been getting worse :( its so sore. im hoping its just bruising. but i was reading about breast fat necrosis after accidents :( getting worried.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

PucaMama wrote: »
    so the other day i randomly "fell" when out. think i fainted.:o anyway i landed on my left side (judging by the pain).

ive hurt my hip, shoulder and my ribs all down my left side. but since that day my left breast has been getting worse :( its so sore. im hoping its just bruising. but i was reading about breast fat necrosis after accidents :( getting worried.

Go see a doctor.

Find out what made you fall (and not try to protect yourself?). You may have blacked out - that should be investigated. You call also ask your breast query, but unexplained falling is far more serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Ignore the username my bf account. Thinking of going on it. Just had one question in mind. It say take every day same time every 12 hours. Im a bit lost so do i take 2 tablets a day?. Example I wake up at 10 am take one then do I take another again at 10 Pm. Im just a bit lost and only answer if you use/used it and know what your talking about,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

You take it once every 24 hours. Talk to GP or pharmacist if you're misinterpreting the instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

declan2693 wrote: »
    Ignore the username my bf account. Thinking of going on it. Just had one question in mind. It say take every day same time every 12 hours. Im a bit lost so do i take 2 tablets a day?. Example I wake up at 10 am take one then do I take another again at 10 Pm. Im just a bit lost and only answer if you use/used it and know what your talking about,

MOD

Threads merged :) Please be advised, no medical advice is allowed. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Has anyone any experience with leonore? And what was it like? My doctor perscribed it for me. Ive never heard of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Mudmask wrote: »
    Has anyone any experience with leonore? And what was it like? My doctor perscribed it for me. Ive never heard of it before.

Hi

I was on that pill for a long time. dosages of hormones in it quite low and i didn't have any problems, personally, for yself, after a long while of being on it I noticed a decrease in my libido and changed brands to no avail, so I am now off the pill. I am imagining perhaps though that I was a rare case?
    Hope you find it ok.

Hi all.

Hope mods will allow what could be percieved as a silly question....
    I went to chemist today, bought some tampax. I asked for super, not realising that there was also a super plus, now because I can't see I'm concerned I got the wrong one, and can't take them back as I've opened the box. I don't mind having a few different absorbencies, but would like the plus for when I'm away over the christmas as unfortunately due around that time, and we're going out for a meal which I'd like to have proper protection for.
    I have been able to take a picture with an app that told me that i had tampax compac, and that the box was blue, I looked it up on the net, i've seen lights and super plus in a blue box. Should I assume I just got the super plus as I asked for super and said I would be heavy hense my choice?
    Hope that's not two confusing and if anyone can offer any advice i'd be really greatful.
    Thanks so much in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi all.

Hope mods will allow what could be percieved as a silly question....
    I went to chemist today, bought some tampax. I asked for super, not realising that there was also a super plus, now because I can't see I'm concerned I got the wrong one, and can't take them back as I've opened the box. I don't mind having a few different absorbencies, but would like the plus for when I'm away over the christmas as unfortunately due around that time, and we're going out for a meal which I'd like to have proper protection for.
    I have been able to take a picture with an app that told me that i had tampax compac, and that the box was blue, I looked it up on the net, i've seen lights and super plus in a blue box. Should I assume I just got the super plus as I asked for super and said I would be heavy hense my choice?
    Hope that's not two confusing and if anyone can offer any advice i'd be really greatful.
    Thanks so much in advance.

Can you post up the picture of the box here and we should be able to assist you?!

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Can you post up the picture of the box here and we should be able to assist you?!

Hi oceanblue

I can try, but my accurasy with cameras woudln't be the best. Also don't know how to post pictures???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Looks like Super rather than Super Plus :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    Looks like Super rather than Super Plus :)

Hi

Thanks so much for looking.
    Is it because of my rubbish pic you can't see properly, or it just is what it is?
    I will pick up some plus in boots tomorrow.
    Thanks so much again you really have ehlped a lot.
    Just out of interest, are they all blue?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Not sure but Super is highlighted on the pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Dolbert wrote: »
    Not sure but Super is highlighted on the pack

I think all boxes are blue. But they are definitely super. It's highlighted in green which absorbency they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks so much for looking.
    Is it because of my rubbish pic you can't see properly, or it just is what it is?
    I will pick up some plus in boots tomorrow.
    Thanks so much again you really have ehlped a lot.
    Just out of interest, are they all blue?
    :)

Have you used tampons before? If not I wouldn't start with Super Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Hi :)

Just looking to hear other women's opinions on the types of birth control they have used.

I was on yasminelle for nearly 3 years, I was finding it very hard to lose weight. At the time I was told it was just "puppy fat" and I would grow out of it. I had put on a lot of weight in the 3 years. I wasn't in a relationship at the time so I stubbornly stop taking it to prove to my doctor it was the pill causing the weight loss difficulty. Anyway, in the end I lost over a stone in about 6 weeks from eating the exact same, doing one hr of intensive exercise a week which i had been doing before.
    The doctor then changed my pill which i only lasted a week on as I had severe mood swings. I haven't been on any form of birth control since then, thats about two years ago now.

I want to now find another form of birth control, preferably not the pill. Anyone any advice or opinions on the patch or the injection?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Super tampax have a green colour code, Super plus (which aren't usually stocked in smaller pharmacies, but you should be fine with Boots) have an orange colour code. They're Super that you have there. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 potato girl

Hi im on ceretteze new on the market with about 2 years find it ok haven't put on any extra weight I've no periods bleed for 3 months in beginning and sometimes can bleed after sex don't Mind that but gives big mood swings and crying just wondering if its me or the pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm also on cerazette and find it brilliant. No periods, no weight gain, no mood swings.

Have you considered asking your doctor for the coil? There are non-hormonal ones if you don't do well with hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

Im using the Nuvaring, its great as you dont have to remember to take a pill every day. you insert it for three weeks and then remove for one week to have your period.
    I didnt notice any weight gain, i was a little moody for the first month or two but its ok now. I think it works out at around 12-15€ per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'm on ovranette and have no issues but it's a very personal thing. What works for one person can be completely wrong from someone else unfortunately.

Hi im on ceretteze new on the market with about 2 years find it ok haven't put on any extra weight I've no periods bleed for 3 months in beginning and sometimes can bleed after sex don't Mind that but gives big mood swings and crying just wondering if its me or the pill.

I couldn't deal with any sort of mood swings! My mood swings are very bad.. Suffer with anxiety so I can't use anything that will effect my behaviour in a big way!
    I think I will just have to go see my doctor but thanks for the advice 😀

I'm also on cerazette and find it brilliant. No periods, no weight gain, no mood swings.

Have you considered asking your doctor for the coil? There are non-hormonal ones if you don't do well with hormones.

I'm only 22 I don't fancy a surgical procedure!
    I know I can't really avoid mood swings if I'm going to put hormones in my body! Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I couldn't deal with any sort of mood swings! My mood swings are very bad.. Suffer with anxiety so I can't use anything that will effect my behaviour in a big way!
    I think I will just have to go see my doctor but thanks for the advice 😀

It all really depends on the person. I have severe anxiety and I'm on cerazette and it's made no difference to my anxiety levels, thankfully :)

It definitely is something you should chat to your doctor about though. There are a couple of non-hormonal options available :)

Advertisement