Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture query for renting an apartment

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light. My boyfriend moved into a 2 bed apartment 2 weeks ago and naturally only uses one room so we didn't really have much need to go into the other room. The spare room has a double bed and when we were dressing the bed the other day, we noticed that they mattress was badly soiled. And it's obvious that it's an old stain too. Personally I think that this is incredibly unhygienic for new tenants. I am sub-letting in the apartment.
    Is the landlord obliged to give us new mattresses or is it a case of only needing to replace what is damaged i.e, he only needs to replace the soiled mattress?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Hi there,

Is the landlord obliged to give us new mattresses

No a landlord isnt obliged to give new mattresses, could you imagine if new mattresses wer eneeded everytime a tennant moved in ? Do you expect a hotel to put new mattresses on for every customer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Okay cool, but surely a soiled mattress (as in badly soiled) is a different story, no? I just want to clear it up before it is mentioned to him.
    I don't mind not having both mattresses replaced, but one should surely be changed.
    Also, most hotels use mattress protectors, therefore don't need to replace the mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Okay cool, but surely a soiled mattress (as in badly soiled) is a different story, no? I just want to clear it up before it is mentioned to him.
    tress.

yep that to me is a different story. Id be taking a pic of it and mentioning it immediatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

That's great, thanks a million for your help!

Advertisement