Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Suggestions for this weekend

• 10-08-2010 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hello all ,
    so this weekend is the first excursion with the gf in our new vw t25 :D, we both have the monday of and are willing to go anywhere, so just looking for people suggestions on where to go ?:confused: preferably by the sea as we want to do a bit of snorkelling and also a bit of cycling .
    cheers
    :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

might help if people knew where you were starting :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Where you leaving from and are you after wild camping spots, camp site pubs.... do you want to drive far on the first trip or stay close to home?

If it's wild camping and you don't mind driving the muckross head, west of Killebegs in Donegal had good snorkeling. there's parking by the beach but it's on a small slope so bring something to level the van. There was a portable toilet there which was clean on june weekend but no water.

You could go to Strandhill for a day then on to Rosnowlaugh then around to muckross, good mix and no hard driving.

If that's to far the somewhere along the shannon would be good Drommad had pull up spot for boats with toilets and plenty of parking. Trun at the Drommad arms. Rooskie could be worth a look and I've heard of a good camp site at battle bridge near Carring on Shannon.

If you want to go south Killmore key, blackwater or loop head don't park close to the light house - they have a loud fog horn and if you get a sea mist you'll get no sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭tonyfillony

leaving cork friday evening and im after wild camping spots

allihies

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

if i could wild camp i would go to union hall , court macsherry or timoleague . We have a 10 month baby so its campsites for us. Clonee strand is a great spot and not 2 far from cork ,i am sure you will find a mention about wild spots near there .

• Advertisement

allihies
    looks more and more like west cork, i think barleycove friday night and then allihies for saturday and sunday night , cant frigin wait

looks more and more like west cork, i think barleycove friday night and then allihies for saturday and sunday night , cant frigin wait

Good luck with the maiden voyage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

Seeing as you're in a VW T25 you could always join up with the Eireball Run for the last couple of nights, then head off wherever you fancy on the Monday.:D

I reckon that would be the ultimate maiden voyage for a VW camper owner! Touring the Irish coastline in a convoy of 30+ other VW campervans :)

Tomorrow (Thurs) night they are in Camp Cross, Co. Kerry

Friday night they will be at Sexton's campsite, just outside Timoleague, Co. Cork.

And Saturday night, the final night, is in Arklow, Co. Wicklow for a big party

You'd be very welcome to join in or meet up with them anywhere along the route. :)

More info on the website: www.eireball.com

And if you want to find out the route on the day, to meet up with them during the drive, PM me ASAP for a contact number (I'm heading off to join up with them tomorrow morning) or contact them via the Website, Facebook or Twitter (updated & checked a few times a day during the run)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

Seeing as you're in a VW T25 you could always join up with the Eireball Run for the last couple of nights, then head off wherever you fancy on the Monday.:D

I reckon that would be the ultimate maiden voyage for a VW camper owner! Touring the Irish coastline in a convoy of 30+ other VW campervans :)

Tomorrow (Thurs) night they are in Camp Cross, Co. Kerry

Friday night they will be at Sexton's campsite, just outside Timoleague, Co. Cork.

And Saturday night, the final night, is in Arklow, Co. Wicklow for a big party

You'd be very welcome to join in or meet up with them anywhere along the route. :)

More info on the website: www.eireball.com

And if you want to find out the route on the day, to meet up with them during the drive, PM me ASAP for a contact number (I'm heading off to join up with them tomorrow morning) or contact them via the Website, Facebook or Twitter (updated & checked a few times a day during the run)

seen a few of these going through ballyshannon today just before we left on our trip down the west coast to cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

That sounds about right, they were staying in Ballyshannon last night, and they're down in Dog's Bay, near Roundstone, Co. Galway tonight. :D

• Advertisement

allihies it was , beara penisula is savage, this weekend inch and castlegregory:D

Advertisement