Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radios

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

So after my last skirmish I decided that I really need a good quality radio + headset, the ones I am using now arnt too bad but lack of headset and a molle pouch for it means that everything I recieve a transmission its awkward to respond while not getting hit.

h4855u%20acu.jpg

Would love something along the lines of that however Im not sure what the story is with channels and stuff is as Im used to using the ones with screens >.<

Also Ive heard alot of bad things when dealing with Ebaybanned. This is something that Im looking to spend quite a bit of money on (as lets face it you can put a price on the bare essentials). But if I was to spend 100+ Id want to be getting the whole shebang as well as some pretty good quality.

Could anybody recommend any radios or things like that for me ?

100 yoyos is about the budget

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It makes no mention of the actual working frequency, just that it's UHF. The UHF band covers a pretty wide spectrum, and only the 446MHz frequency is free to use. Also, it makes no mention of the transmitter power, which must be below .5W to use without a licence.

I saw that radio crop up elsewhere a good while back and almost jumped on one there and then, simply because it was a good looking copy of a proper radio, but I've not yet seen anything about it's usefulness or reliability anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ahh cheers Dex, Im not really Techy wise especially when it comes to frequencys and stuff like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

i was looking at this as well,
    when i go to a milsim could i tune to other radios on my team,
    and if so what radio would that be?;)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Not with these, that we know of yet anyway. Any standard PMR 446 radio will tune in to your team mates, it doesn't have to look like a military radio to be used in MilSim.
    Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Ahh cheers Dex, Im not really Techy wise especially when it comes to frequencys and stuff like that...

I'm going to try digging around for more info on this again, see if I can find some transmission information about it. If I find anything useful, I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

You'll not have great change out of 100 if you get a decent radio unless you go halves with a friend. On the other hand if you already have a decent radio you could get a good headset and a molle pouch for that budget.

I recommend Cavalvy headsets, just make sure everything matches up per what I said on the other thread:
    1) A headset
    2) A PTT
    3) The right connection for your radio (Motorola Single Pin)
    4) If the headset and PTT are separate parts make sure they're compatible

• Advertisement

I wouldnt mind doing that stonewolf, But ive been told my radios are a pile of crap >.< Well comepared to some of the bigger names out there.

You can get a Motorola for about half your budget if you do some serious shopping around/splitting multipacks with a friend/buying on ebay. You're going to be tight for the pouch and headset though. I'd advise spending the entire rest of the budget on a good headset and put the radio in your pocket.

Well the pouch is not so much a problem, Just the headset than anything else. The picture above is the kinda headset id like but Ive never erally seen em for sale and am not sure what denotes a "good" headset

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

that headset is pritty easy to get hold of both cavelry and elements make a version of it with post radio connection types avalaible, will post some links when i get home from work as i do not have access to a lot of the shops hear

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Puding wrote: »
    that headset is pritty easy to get hold of both cavelry and elements make a version of it with post radio connection types avalaible, will post some links when i get home from work as i do not have access to a lot of the shops hear

Were Does one get the Cavalvy headset ? i have a motorola with a single pin and would like to get the headset but not see any is Ebay a good area to look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Have not seen the cavelry version of the bowmans headset much, check out airsoft club under communications and they have the element replia of the bowmens headset in stock alone with the connection your looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Puding wrote: »
    Have not seen the cavelry version of the bowmans headset much, check out airsoft club under communications and they have the element replia of the bowmens headset in stock alone with the connection your looking for

cheers Puding

ehobby have had them in and out depending on what you want, ebaybanned sometimes carry them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Have you seen these

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=12373

and are they any good?

Look like it doesn't have the full PMR channel range so it's probably avoidable.

Advertisement