Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i set up a blog page on my website?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Anyone know how i can set up a blog page on my website. Im working with dreamweaver CS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

If you visit www.wordpress.org (not .com), you should find all the information you need. (Wordpress is just one of the options available, but it's the one I [and most] would suggest)

If you've any specific questions after that (e.g. how to set up an 'offline' version on your local machine), let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stabilo_1

thanks paul. have been looking through wordpress but i want to host it on my site rather that on wordpress. I just want to have a button for blog.. can i do that through wordpress

stabilo_1 wrote: »
    ... i want to host it on my site rather that on wordpress.
    Wordpress.com provides the wordpress hosted blogs.

Wordpress.org is to provide exactly what you are looking for. You just download the software, upload it to your server and follow the guides/tutorials to get it set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stabilo_1

ok thanks for that, ive got wordpress, created an account through cpanel. But i need to create a link from my website to the blog surely??

stabilo_1 wrote: »
    But i need to create a link from my website to the blog surely??
    Only if you want people to read it ;)

Depending on where you have created your wordpress installation, you'll have a path to your wordpress "index.php" page (probably "www.yourdomain.com/blog/" (if you installed it in a 'blog' directory) or whatever alternative you used). You can link to that page, as normal, using standard linking syntax (so in most cases, it would be the /blog/ option, but you could use /blog/index.php if you wished).

• Advertisement
Advertisement