Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scopper's Doubles

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

My new plan after a bit of a ropey week for all is to start again on a new footing. This time my pot is much smalerl. I'll be placing a single doubles bet each day at 2.50 e/w. Today my pics are:

Nottingham 6.20 Forjatt 15/8
    After an unlucky showing last time around I tend to agree with the money that Forjatt will make a great showing here. Despite the price it remains a risk. He has had some impressive turns in the past and although he is up against some good horses here I think this will be his day to prove himself.

Lingfield 3.30 Penny's Pearl 7/2
    Penny's Pearl comes down to the EBF Novice Stakes here and this sounds about right. Weight is the key factor here with Penny's Pearl coming in at a useful median.

As should be clear these are fairly safe bets designed to rebuild my bank. I won't be making any other bets except for the occasional long-odds posted by Aidankkk. With doubles I don't expect to win everyday even with e/w betting. This is an experiment to see if I can keep things on an even keel and also to spruce things up a little.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck with it scopper,dont know about how safe it is though,two tricky races you've picked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

greetings wrote: »
    Good luck with it scopper,dont know about how safe it is though,two tricky races you've picked.

Oh I think fairly safe was the wrong way to put it. Maybe 'relatively' safe compared to how I usually bet (longer odds singles bets that have been going nowhere). These bets are just to keep the interest up and allow me to try train my eye again after a bad streak. With doubles I never expect to win really though I find it much more fun. Plus the tricky races are the best to watch :D

Oh and just to be clear I'm not suggesting anybody follow this style. In fact we should all just stop betting til' Pyro gets back :p

Haha,that's fair enough so :D I fancied the Cecil horse in that race this evening,bit of money coming for him.
    And have backed the Godolphin runner in the other race,looks like we're going head to head :P

greetings wrote: »
    Haha,that's fair enough so :D I fancied the Cecil horse in that race this evening,bit of money coming for him.
    And have backed the Godolphin runner in the other race,looks like we're going head to head :P

Well I suppose one might win that way so at least the bookie has a chance of losing ;) I'd be happy with these horses placing. Nordic Spruce is the real challenge for sure. 9/4 at the mo and odds drifting badly for the other contenders. Lots of decent horses in the race though. Either way it'll be a good one to watch. Bit more confident about Penny's Pearl though. :pac:

How about 2 dead heats,that would suit us best :D

• Advertisement

Nottingham 6.20 Forjatt 15/8 Won

Lingfield 3.30 Penny's Pearl 7/2 Placed

Bank: 7.25e.

No bets today as I didn't have time to look at the card this morning.

Advertisement