Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney restaurants!

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

Could somebody please recommend a few good restaurants in town centre, with a good mix of food. And cheap and cheerful!!

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

To be honest, in general, restaurants in killarney are over priced.
    However, 2 that are good for lunch are Stonechat and Treyvaud's.

Without doubt, the steak sandwich in treyvaud's is one of the nicest you'll find anywhere.

I've always found the staff in stonechat very friendly.

Fancy That wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could somebody please recommend a few good restaurants in town centre, with a good mix of food. And cheap and cheerful!!

Cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

What’s your definition of ‘cheap’? There are a fair few chippers about.

Has anyone been to the new restaurant ‘The Smoke House’ on High street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Bricin is delicious wouldnt be classed as cheap though, but they do a early bird menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PicturePerfect

madrabui wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the new restaurant ‘The Smoke House’ on High street?

Yes, have been there. The food is gorgeous. Lovely chips. Great steak sandwich! Not tried anything else yet there. Service could do with a bit more quality. Don't go in there if you are going for a quick bite cause you will be in there for a while... Very good value for the food though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Chapter 90 on newstreet is really great, definitely one of the best and reasonably priced restaraunts in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Chapter 90 on newstreet is really great, definitely one of the best and reasonably priced restaraunts in town.

Never heard of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Hi all,

Cheers guys

OP, it's been 5-weeks since you started this thread and asked this question, did you find a restaurant worth mentioning on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

kerry4sam wrote: »
    OP, it's been 5-weeks since you started this thread and asked this question, did you find a restaurant worth mentioning on here?

Hi Ya...KerryNOT4Sam!!!:eek:

We ate in the absolut hotel (think that was name) its across from Plaza very classy hotel...it was fantastic!! Ate in Laurels another day ...horrible!! And Corkerys Steakhouse was gorgeous for dinner...although not the most rosemantic setting!!!

So Sam i'm sure your delighted to hear we didn't starve :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hi Ya...KerryNOT4Sam!!!:eek:

We ate in the absolut hotel (think that was name)

Avenue? Arbutus..? Absolut is vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

The Ross ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I went back to the Silver Fox for dinner on saturday, havent been there in ages. have to say the food was great and very reasonably priced. Also The Smoke House comes highly recommended which is also very reasonably priced. That is unless you go for the Baked Potato and Caviare as a starter which comes in a €45! Needless to say I went for the "small" Chicken Ceaser salad which could have done me for a main course

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Avenue? Arbutus..? Absolut is vodka!

Not the Avenue..thats where we stayed!!

Yes indeed it was The Ross! Very chic and stylish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Have any of you folks tried the mexican place in town (Where Kobe used to be).

Ate in there a couple of weeks ago, was very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ But...I liked the sushi place!

Must check out that Mexican place though next time I have a night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ae82dan

macs restaurant is pretty good and reasonable
    jam cafe is the buisness for coffee and cakes and the like
    the restaurant in the lake hotel is good
    the hotel by the outlet centre i think its the maldon is expensive but top class

Lia_lia wrote: »
    ^ But...I liked the sushi place!

Must check out that Mexican place though next time I have a night off.

It's the same chap who owns it, he said that not enough Killarney people would eat sushi! (It's been busy nearly every night since he changed it apparently)

Has anyone tried that Mexican yet?
    Do they do take away as well you know?

Has anyone tried that Mexican yet?
    Do they do take away as well you know?

Yes and yes. (And it's awesome).

oeb wrote: »
    Yes and yes. (And it's awesome).

Well in that case I must go out and try it this weekend ;) Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I have been hoping for a review of this place. And its great to hear they do take out too. I cant verify that its busy every night though. 1 evening I was going to the Thai place opposite for a take out and I popped into the Mexican (whats its actual name, I cant keep calling it "the mexican" place) to get a take away menu. I walked in the door and there was nobody there, not even any staff. Also they had no menus out front so I just turned and left.

Opportunity missed

• Advertisement

dmeehan wrote: »
    I have been hoping for a review of this place. And its great to hear they do take out too. I cant verify that its busy every night though. 1 evening I was going to the Thai place opposite for a take out and I popped into the Mexican (whats its actual name, I cant keep calling it "the mexican" place) to get a take away menu. I walked in the door and there was nobody there, not even any staff. Also they had no menus out front so I just turned and left.

Opportunity missed

Hehe, well you call the Thai place, "The Thai Place" so "The Mexican" sounds just fine ;) Not really sure what the name of it is either.

But yes, that's not very good promotion to them if they want to get it busier... Will still give it a try over the weekend thought and post my review ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

casita mexicana is the mexican place and it's lovely

Advertisement