Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best solution for this?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Blacknight,
    If I was working on websites for multiple clients, but I wanted them all to have their domain registration details in their name, so they'd retain complete ownership, but not have them worry about going through the process of registration, selecting hosting packages and so on...what's the best way to do that?

A requirement also would be that if I was having outsourced developers working on particular projects (and so would need access to the hosting account), I'd want them to only have access to that particular project they're working on, so if I have Developer X working on a project for Client Y, it's impossible for Developer X to have access to anything belonging to or relating to Client Z.

Hopefully the above isn't too confusing!

Professor Chalk:cool:

Comments

Hi there,

When you are ordering a domain name through our site you will be asked if you are registering the domain on behalf of somebody else, if you are, you need to tick the box provided. You will then have the option to put in the domain name owner details.

Regarding giving a web developer access to the hosting plan, you need to set your client up with FTP details for the webspace you are allocating to them, then by giving the FTP details to the developer he will only have access to this space.

Regards,

Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Professor Chalk

Hi, thanks for the reply
    So it works by me having a hosting plan and then giving my clients space on this hosting plan?

Would it be standard to charge for this, seeing as though they'd otherwise have to pay for their own hosting?

And would that be processed through Blacknight itself or would that be completely outside Blacknight? (if so, it'd be great to be pointed in the right direction for whatever way this is usually done).

Regarding giving FTP details to the developer, would that involve giving them the login details to my Blacknight account or is it done in a different way?

Thanks again

Hi,

Yes you can allocate hosting space to each of your clients.

You can order our hosting plans through Blacknight.com here: http://www.blacknight.com/shared-hosting.html

It would be completely up to you if you wanted to charge your customers for space. Blacknight would not be involved with this whatsoever, however please be aware that if your client wanted to come direct with Blacknight for hosting down the line, they could certainly do that.

You would need to give the developer access to your account but by logging into with the FTP details he will only have access to to webspace associated with it.

There is also a 30 day money back guarantee with all of our hosting plans so if you wanted to sign up for a plan you can see the various features available to you.

If you have anymore questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Professor Chalk

Thanks again,
    So if I was to give space from my hosting package to clients, how would I manage the space to make sure that none of my clients have downtime? Is usage partitioned in that sense, or if one client was to exceed their allocated space would that be taken care of by any remaining space on my account?

And can I share space on any account, even the Minimus one?

Hi,

It sounds like a VPS plan would suit your requirements more, if you want to assign specific amounts such as space/bandwidth etc. to clients you would need to go for this option.

We are currently running a special offer on our VPS plans, all of our Windows VPS plans are 50% off for a limited period - http://www.blacknightvps.com/

If you went with a Minumus plan the customer would only see their own space however you cannot limit the amount of diskspace that one client can use .

Regards,

Niamh

• Advertisement
Advertisement