Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away game?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Lads,

A few of us were talking over the last couple of seasons about arranging a trip to an away game. Just putting this up to see what sort of interest there would be.

If there is enough interest we can pick a fixture and see who needs tickets sorted and who can get their own. Might be best at this stage to plan for after christmas.

So if you have interest throw your name up.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I'd be up for it. Havn't been to an away game in a few years so was planning one for this season anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd be up for it as well. Never actually been to White Hart Lane, and would love to go over this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd be up for it as well. Never actually been to White Hart Lane, and would love to go over this season.

Have a look at the stickys all the info you need is there for getting to WHL. If you need a hand with tickets for a particular game drop a note on here and we will help if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Lads,

A few of us were talking over the last couple of seasons about arranging a trip to an away game. Just putting this up to see what sort of interest there would be.

If there is enough interest we can pick a fixture and see who needs tickets sorted and who can get their own. Might be best at this stage to plan for after christmas.

So if you have interest throw your name up.

cheers

Defo be interested Mark, great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The two that stand out post-Xmas are Everton and Wigan, both are great days out. Unfortunately, Everton is on New Year's Day, so with the night before in mind we mightn't get many takers.

Wigan is in April, so the weather might be picking up. Day trippers can do in/out of Manchester/Liverpool and anyone who fancies a weekend of it will be sorted in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The two that stand out post-Xmas are Everton and Wigan, both are great days out. Unfortunately, Everton is on New Year's Day, so with the night before in mind we mightn't get many takers.

Wigan is in April, so the weather might be picking up. Day trippers can do in/out of Manchester/Liverpool and anyone who fancies a weekend of it will be sorted in Manchester.

Happy to go with the flow and let you lads decide
    For what it's worth.....

Any of the North West away games are usually good value.
    Been to most of those grounds.
    Liverpool is a great place to base yourself

Newcastle is another great away game
    Well worth consideration

Blackpool just before Christmas would be interestion too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

How about blackpool v tottenham on the 18 dec. Should be a lovely outing around that time of the year.

kakee wrote: »
    How about blackpool v tottenham on the 18 dec. Should be a lovely outing around that time of the year.

We will only get about 1000 tickets for that game, and they will very much be in demand. No guarantee you'd all get tickets.

We will only get about 1000 tickets for that game, and they will very much be in demand. No guarantee you'd all get tickets.

Newcastle on 22 Jan could be a good shout??

Newcastle on 22 Jan could be a good shout??

Difficult to do as a day trip, IIRC the only realistic way in/out on the same day was via Edinburgh.

• Advertisement

Difficult to do as a day trip, IIRC the only realistic way in/out on the same day was via Edinburgh.

Cheers Ro - hadnt looked into the logistics. Appears even Edinburgh wouldnt work. Only way seems to be via manchester and that involves a 3 hr train journey to get back for the 22.00 ryanair flight. Too much hassle.

What about Wigan in April.

I think the best options would probably be bolton, wigan or blackburn. I have been to the reebok and have to say the atmosphere was pretty good even though the stadium was half empty.

I was at goodison last season for the everton v spurs game. It was for sure one of worst performances of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I think the best options would probably be bolton, wigan or blackburn. I have been to the reebok and have to say the atmosphere was pretty good even though the stadium was half empty.

I was at goodison last season for the everton v spurs game. It was for sure one of worst performances of the season

All good shouts. Thinking of doing Bolton on 6th November mesself. Shame Blacjburn is a midweek in early Feb 2011

Bolton is a sh1thole, and the Old Bill are cúnts up there. Wigan ain't much better but at least you can get a beer near the ground.

Blackburn is a good shout, but if it's midweek most people will be snookered.

will the wigan game be on a saturday or is it likely to be changed. The champions league quarter finals are fixed for 5 and 6 of April;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Be very interested in this... il keep an eye on the thread ! :)

i dont mind which game you lot to decide to head to either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Cheers Ro - hadnt looked into the logistics. Appears even Edinburgh wouldnt work. Only way seems to be via manchester and that involves a 3 hr train journey to get back for the 22.00 ryanair flight. Too much hassle.

What about Wigan in April.

I think if your gonna go to Newcastle you'd be mad not to make if an overnight job. It's great night out and the people are great craic.

how about going to an away game in the champions league if we make it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

I think if your gonna go to Newcastle you'd be mad not to make if an overnight job. It's great night out and the people are great craic.

agreed It's a great spot! was over there in Dec 2006 for a 3-1 defeat

the people are great craic.

I'd say they are :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

Sounds like a great Idea, but I couldn't do anything till next january, I'll keep my eyes on this and see what you decide

agree Shane but think the overnight may rule more people out.

I will leave this open for names for a while and then work out the 3 best options with travel/hotel costs etc and we can decide then.

will the wigan game be on a saturday or is it likely to be changed. The champions league quarter finals are fixed for 5 and 6 of April;)

good point - maybe it will be a trip to Barca instead eh.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

You can marked me down as "interested"....and "very interested" if it were a European game.

philon wrote: »
    You can marked me down as "interested"....and "very interested" if it were a European game.

we'll wait till after next wed to count chickens I think Phil.

Prob with away games in Europe is the ticket allocation is so small we would never be able to sort everyone.

Prob with away games in Europe is the ticket allocation is so small we would never be able to sort everyone.

As you said, we really should wait until Wednesday night before any of us start thinking of away trips in Europe (could always do a Thursday though...;)) but it would be next to impossible to get sort of number of tickets for further CL games unless we have access to season tickets.

I might be able to source some, but they would be going for above face value.

I might be able to source some, but they would be going for above face value.

How come ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    How come ?

There are always spare tickets available for our games when there's big demand, but they attract a premium. I know quite a few blokes who could get us spares, but expect to pay big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

i'd def be up for away game,been to a few away games and almost prefer them to home games.

• Advertisement

I'd love to go to the Nou Camp for a champions league game.

Advertisement